Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101245 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Yeah, sure. You're doing fine enough on your own anyway."

Resisting the urge to scoop up Fael and squeeze him, Caius chimed in:

"And they could stretch their arms as far as Dale can shoot. It was extremely unnerving."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Ava slid into the dining room from the direction of the kitchen, veritably squirrel-cheeked and carrying a plate that was all too precariously stacked with all manner of foods. Out of habit, she sat in one corner of the hall near the exit, a short distance from the rest of the people in the room.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetz finally interjected.
"It is not a tribe."
She listened to the talk of golems with interest.

"These mud men. Are they common? How do they live?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Wynne had piled a bunch of food, mostly meat, onto her plate - she hadn't had access to this amount of food in ages - and wandered over to one of the tables in time to hear the mage girl and the knight dude... arguing? Was that what it was? But it was about something silly, so she decided to interject.

"'lo there. Didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help overhearin' what you were saying. Sorry if I'm misinterpretin' a bit, but yer worried about being in the back while the rest of us are takin' hits in the front? Ya shouldn't be." she sat down on Sea's side of the table a respectful distance away, but continued to talk.

"Forgive me for bein' a bit blunt, but you standin' in the front ain't gonna do jack. Ya see, we're in the front 'cause we've got the armor to take the hits. Unless you got some magic spells goin' on, I don't see any armor on ya. Now, ya got two options then. Stand in front and get stabbed, which makes us have ta get ta you and get you on yer feet quick, which can end bad, or ya can stand behind us - still at risk from other mages and archers mind, don't go makin' a mistake - and get the guys that're stabbin' us so they stop doin' that. I dunno about the others, but I like the second option a ton more."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"What you see is what you get. I'm not aspiring to be anything other than me, so I got it made."

Dale seemed pretty satisfied with that.

"They had a hell of a punch on 'em, too. They made pretty good sentries, though to be honest I think those bandits were tougher. Or maybe it's just 'cause there were more of them."

Quetz interjected, so Dale turned slightly toward her.

"Not too common I think, and they don't live like you or me. They're made of magic. You'd have to ask the little miss about them if you wanna know more, that's about all I got."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I wouldn't know if they're common, but they definitely don't "live". They're just animated with magic. Never alive in the first place."
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"Thank you. Honestly, that's all I want Sea. I want your help when we're fighting, you're really good at it. But I want you to fight smart. That's how you win battles. By being smart. And better equipped. And in an advantageous position. There are lots of factors actually." Eric had a bit more of his soup. "So Wynne. Did you sign the contract right away, or did you decide to eat first?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah."

Well, at least they couldn't just make warriors from the earth, and even if they could, they could be beaten without too much difficulty.

"Do you have other things like that? Warriors you make?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"Gonna eat first. Brady seemed like he had some questions." she takes a big bite of her food, before continuing. "I am gonna sign it though, unless something real bad comes up. I need the money, ya know?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caius shrugs.

"Those are the only ones I know of, myself."
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"Well, we're relocating Miss Hallewell to a destination she hasn't actually given us yet. In addition, we have to follow and complete any further assignments she gives to us. If we fail to perform, we don't get paid anything, same if one of us were to bail for any reason. Pay was flexible based on the ban but since it is instated now, its gonna be ten large. Expect her to keep us under contract as long as she can."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"That was the first I ever saw or heard of 'em, so they can't be too common."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2017, 08:34:23 pm »

"Interesting. Those golems sound like a custom work." Drest said, considering the possibilities while rubbing the bottom of his mask with a finger. "While being made of mud and able to fight tells nothing outstanding about them, their stretching limbs and good number shows a good measure of skill or means."

"Experienced dark magic users can summon warriors to fight for them, though it is different. It varies according to their level of power, but it can range from spectral warriors and animated skeletons to powerful cavaliers and dragons." he replied to Quetzie.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What of dead? Can you make the killed serve you as warriors?"
It was a common practice to do to the corpses of enemies and sacrificed members of lower castes, to use as cannon fodder and simple labour.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Uh, I would hope not. That sounds extremely illegal even if regular magic isn't."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 151