Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101242 times)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

Sybil pulled out a contract from one of the drawers on her desk and presented Brady with the same contract she had presented to all her employees thus far.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetz piled her plate high, mainly with meat. She plonked herself down, withdrawing her obsidian knife from where ever it was she kept a fist-length blade. She attacked the food voraciously, as if she hadn't eaten in days.

She glanced up slightly as she heard part of her name, then dismissed it. If they wanted to talk to her, let them talk to her. She was eating.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Brady read the contract and frowned slightly. 'Do anything', it basically says. He signed it regardless and handed it back, mentally trying to figure out what would make 10,000 coins 'not worth it'.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:42:47 pm by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #933 on: April 30, 2017, 05:14:10 pm »

Drest had wanted to talk to Sybil, but a moment spent on his tome was all it took for the owner of the fat flying horse to take the vanguard. In the end, he chose to follow the rest of the group to the dining hall and try an audience with her later. He picked up some bread and herbal tea for himself and a few treats for Fael, who was freed from the backpack.

"It is interesting how in the end many of us were late to join Lady Sybil's group but ended up hired in any case." he commented as he sat. "My name is Drest Aedān, for those that didn't get it before. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
"Meow." the small cat called, receiving his treats and focusing on eating them in an adorably clumsy way.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hey, Dale, I just remembered something about that Quetz lady. She mentioned something about 'washing up'... What do you think she meant by that?"

Dale finished the bread he was chewing before responding.

"Hmm. Bathing maybe? Either that or cleaning the dishes and she doesn't look like the type to do housework."

The archer finished the old bottle of wine he'd been carrying from the start and set it on the table for a servant to dispose of.

"Did she say when she'd be doing that?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"I don't think that's what she's meant, Dale."

"...Oh! She said 'washed up on the shore', now I remember. That, uh, probably makes more sense."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Shame; Gilbert's going to be sad about that."

"Anyway. If she washed up on the shore here, then that means she washed up here from somewhere else. And just 'cause we ain't found anything out there yet doesn't mean there might not be a golden somewhere to find, know what I mean?"

Dale thought for a moment.

"Look, Caius. If all the women look like she does, and gold is so common there they don't give a damn about it... you think maybe heaven's a real thing, or not?"

"I'm certainly giving some thought into a nautical life after we're done with this job, that's for damn sure."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...I sincerely hope you aren't telling me that pretty girls are the only thing you can think about."

"There's so much more in life you could unhealthily obsess over. Like helping others, or getting famous, or becoming a master archer, or *mumble*."
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 30, 2017, 06:44:07 pm »

"And Quetzalxochitl's tribe certainly seems hostile." Drest added, turning his attention to Dale and Caius. "What was that talk about golems I heard before?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Um, Sybil's defense system. Tried to kill us when we first showed up. It was pretty great."
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I... But that isn't fair either. Me sitting in the back while you and others risk your lives... It's not ok. And it's not like I'm safe in the back lines either. Look at what happened this last battle... I'm not... I need to help."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"No, no, I'm saying something and you're hearing something completely different. I'm not asking you to stay 'safe' in a fight. I want you to not take unnecessary risks. Attack when you can do so relatively safety, or if you can put something down. Leave slogging it out and holding the line to me. Your job is to bring down people with heavy armor. Am I making sense yet at all?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Don't sell me short, Cai. Freedom to do what I want comes first, gold is second, women are third. That's how it is with ol' Dale."

"And I'm just saying, two out of three is not bad at all."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 30, 2017, 07:14:11 pm »

"Golems? Outstanding. Could you describe them to me?" Drest asked while Fael played with a piece of food like it was a mouse.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Caius didn't seem in a rush to answer, so Dale finished another piece of bread and did so himself.

"Big and muddy. Not really much to say, know what I mean? They were like... big guys with short legs and long torsos and arms, and they went down to arrows plunking them in the face easy enough. There was one who was made of hardened mud that was a little tougher, but it was nothing me, Cai, Eric, and Ava couldn't handle. And hell, I didn't even have a horse then."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 151