Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101241 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetz looked around the mansio as people dispersed. Once the people with the beasts of burden (Horses and pegasus?) went inside, she walked over and inspected the beasts.
They whinnied at her.
She pulled up some grass and offered it tenatively, then reached out and solemnly patted them on the head. They were kind of cute, in a ugly sort of way. She wondered what they tasted like.

Flight. It would be troublesome to fight, she imagined. The flying feathered serpents of her own homeland would accept few riders, being godspawn and haughty, and the Feather Caste was small in consequence. If they could breed these beasts, it would be troublesome to fight. Textitlan would have to have plenty of archers.

She looked around again. It seemed like the master of this house had wanted them to come and "sign a contract", whatever that meant. It could wait.

She stalked inside, looking for food.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Eric made his way inside as well, being careful to keep out of the way of the movers. He made his way to the kitchens in search of meals as well.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

"Just what are you implying, young man? First of all, I don't know what ad you read, but mine mentions nothing of transporting goods outside of me relocating should the magic ban be reinstated. Which it has. Second, I have no control over the military so I don't know what you want me to do about their dissatisfactory work. Third, I don't have control over where Zephyr decides to travel. From what I understand he was delayed in town and, knowing him, made the choice to take some of his more dangerous shortcuts to arrive in a timely manner. If he stumbled upon a bandit's den then that's his fault. I was going to meet with him about that... slip-up anyway."

"I will admit my offer is suspicious for such a menial task. But one would gather that there is a certain amount of risk behind such an offer. If you thought this job would be free of risk and consider the risks involved to be suspicious, then you're more naive than I thought."

While this lovely conversation was going other members of the group managed to find their way to the dining hall. Dinner was already being served and there were numerous other employees already eating and telling each other of their assignments. They were still a few open tables left that could accommodate half of the group.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once inside the dining hall, Eric collected for himself a generous portion of soup and a fair chunk of bread before retreating to one of the tables to start packing it in. While eating, he watched the others around him, listening for interesting bits of conversation and attempting to size up the Sybil's other hires.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Nick decides to eat dinner before discussing employment with Sybil. She seemed a little angry at Brady at the moment, so it seemed best not to disturb her. Well, that, and he hadn't eaten anything but stale bread since he was imprisoned.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

"No, I fully expected fighting. But to be honest, your supplies and team would have been lost in that forest if me and my traveling companions hadn't been nearby at the time. If you're going to be more careful in the future, then that's fine. But if you don't want me knowing what I'm transporting, will you at least tell me who you suspect I'll be fighting?"
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sea slipped into her room, glancing around. Everything was still where she'd left it. That was good. She had hoped that the frenzy going on outside hadn't touched in here and it looked like her wish had come true. Making her way over to a small trunk, she carefully opened it, and reached in to grab a few small trinkets. Placing them on the ground, she glanced over them. A small rock streaked with purple was tucked into the pouch at her waist, along with the small four leaf clover and what appeared to be a feather from a baby bird. The final item she hesitated on before picking it up. A small wooden carving dangled from a simple string. She smiled sadly at it before looping it around her neck and tucking the small cat charm just below the neckline of her dress.

Making her way back towards the dining hall, she selected a small portion of bread and pork to make a quick sandwich before settling down near Eric.

"You aren't... You aren't upset with Master Sybil, are you?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eric held up one finger as he chewed the mouthful of bread that he'd been working on when Sea had sat down. Once his mouth was empty, he spoke. "No. I don't really see why I would be. I haven't been asked to do anything unreasonable yet and there have been no indications that I should expect a breach of contract." Eric tore another, smaller, piece of bread free from what he'd brought to the table, waiting until after he'd asked his question before popping it into his mouth. "What makes you think I would be upset with her?"

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

"You'll be transporting my belongings. That particular transport was special in a way, hence why I risked my pupil to manage the transaction, so that's why it's contents are private. Given the information presented to me by Eric about the note and the military horns, it seems as if the nobles are going to move against me if they've gone to such lengths to halt my transports. That group was not the only one set upon by bandits. They must be using the magic ban as an excuse to silence me."

"In short, there's a chance the military might attempt to fight us, as well as coordinated bandit attacks. That's why we're leaving as soon as my belongings are loaded. The less we have to deal with outside interferance the better."

My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Others seem to be.... And you don't seem... happy with the situation. But you also sort of seem like you're... in charge? Of the group? I guess... I don't know. I just wanted to see I guess. It's goodthat you aren't."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"If there's anything that I'm unhappy about, its Zephyr. He was not only demanding and rude in a combat situation, but he also does not pay me. And despite that, he was trying to give me orders. Also I'm not thrilled about Caius and Ava having their weird hate relationship, but hopefully they curtail that in the future." Eric didn't choose to respond to the point of leadership. If the other mercenaries were willing to follow his lead, that was fine by him, but the appearance of leadership did not determine leadership. He had a spoonful of soup while considering this, no longer paying attention to the other people in the room.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Caius eyes Drest's backpack for a moment before entering the mansion.

Inside, he gathers a modest plate of food and sits himself beside Davle.

"Hey, Dale, I just remembered something about that Quetz lady. She mentioned something about 'washing up'... What do you think she meant by hat?"

Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh. That makes sense. I guess... I mean... He didn't mean anything by it. Well... I don't think he did. Normally her contacts are... professional but not rude. I think he was just stressed."

She glanced down at her plate, fiddling with her sandwich before quietly asking,

"You aren't mad at me, are you? I mean... You were trying to protect me, I get that, but I can fight too and I just... Sitting back while you all got hurt wouldn't have worked. I just couldn't..."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Brady thought for a moment, cupping his chin in his hand.
If we're fighting against the military, that could land me with a criminal record... in this country. But I'm able to move around fairly easily on my own. And if we're fighting other nobles... they probably won't hate me personally, as a hired hand. Brady looked back up to give his answer.

"Alright. I'd like to see the contract then."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eric pressed a fingertip against his forehead and mumbled something inaudible before speaking so that Sea could hear him. "Look, you want to fight if the need arises, I get it. And I am fine with that, really I am. I just get frustrated by the way you approach battle because..." Eric groaned, and rubbed his hand across his forehead before setting it down upon the table. "Because you approach it carelessly. You clearly hold your own abilities in high esteem, and I see that you obviously have reason to do so. But it doesn't matter how talented or skilled or powerful you are. You can die. And even if you don't think Sybil would care, hell, even if she really wouldn't, I see no reason to let you go throw your life away while we're on the same side." Eric was looking at the tabletop, rather than Sea, as he continued. "You're running out in front and it puts you in a vulnerable position where other people could be. People better suited to that particular task. You don't put archers and mages up front, you keep them to the rear. This is basic tactics. It might not have been your field of study but I learned quite a bit about it when I was growing up, so if you could take me at my word and do your best to mitigate risk to yourself, it would help me relax greatly."
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 151