Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101238 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

By the gods! This "employer" of Sea's was even more striking than Gilbert had dared hope.

: Gilbert, you old so-and-so, I dare say that being arrested might have been the smartest thing you ever did! Now that Dale had introduced him, the vagabond stepped forward and bowed extravagantly, producing a rose as he did so.

: "It is a great pleasure to finally meet you, madame. I am Gilbert, a humble healer, and it would be the height of honor to serve your house in return for the aid your retainers rendered to me."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"Yeah, Zephyr's not a danger magnet. Both attacks were most likely targeted." Eric pulled forth his clump of note scraps. "We found this on the leader of the bandits who attacked us, along with a pair of Ludohan military horns. It's pretty torn up but based on some of the words I found intact, I think its safe to infer that these men were offered a government pardon to intercept your cargo and delay your hired swords. So we should probably hurry up and get the fuck out of here ma'am."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The situation had been explained fairly clearly without Sea needing to speak up, so she just smiled and nodded at Sybil, glad to be back here even if it was clear they wouldn't be staying long.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Well, at least business is going to be good going forward. . ."
"Miss Sybil, who'd you upset? Usually the guards aren't this bad, so it's gotta be someone important, right?"
She looked awkwardly down and to the side after a moment, somewhat belatedly realizing that the woman may not take the question well.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

"Well, it seems that they have already proved themselves in that case. So long as they are willing to work for me and sign a contract they are welcome in my employ." Then Gilbert spoke up. "Do you mean to say you do not require payment for your services? While unexpected, I won't disallow it."

In between shifting gears to address Eric and Ava, Sybil offered a brief smile to Seaiga.

"So it wasn't just happenstance," Sybil said with a sigh. "I had expected something was amiss when you were late with Zephyr of all people guiding you. But for the nobles themselves to be involved was not something I thought possible."

Sybil narrowed her eyes at Ava.

"I can imagine a few people who would hold onto a decade old slight, but that's not important right now. What's important right now is that, as you can see by looking around, we're leaving soon. The ever wise Council have already rotated and enacted the magic ban. One whole week early."

"You've all had a long day I won't put you to work hauling. For now, you're all free to do as you please so long as you don't interfere with anyone who is doing work or venture into any locked rooms. I'll be in my study if you wish to speak with me, and I expect you newcomers will stop by for you contracts before it gets too late." With that Sybil retreated into her mansion.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

"Ah, you must be the Lady the others told me about. I am Nick Lendel, a humble swordsman. I hope you don't mind that we came, but the offer seemed too good to resist. However, as my employer, I feel I should tell you that they found me by breaking me out of jail. It was a minor offense, but nevertheless."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Man, I hope we have time to get something to eat. If they haven't packed up the food yet."

Dale sighed and dismounted, tying Horse's reins to a nearby fence post, then headed inside to look around for something to eat. Maybe there were some leftovers in the kitchen.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

"Okay, but what's actually in the contra-" And before Brady could finish his question, Sybil was gone. If she didn't pay so well, I wouldn't stick around for this job, he mused internally.

Brady stepped forward to follow Sybil into the mansion, but stopped himself.
"Uh... what should I do with Muffin? I bet Sybil doesn't want a Pegasus clomping around her nice house, but I don't want one of the haulers to treat her like a pack animal while I'm inside..."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dale stopped on the way in.

"Just put her next to Horse, there. I don't think they'll mistake a pegasus for a hauler."

And then he continued on his way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brady tries not to let his discomfort show too clearly on his face. I don't like leaving Muffin unattended like this, but I don't have much choice, he thinks to himself. He tries to console the pegasus as much as himself as he ties her reins to a fencepost.
"Just wait here for me, okay Muffin? I'll try to find some baked goods for you while I'm gone, you did great today." He gives her a parting once-over as he leaves. "And maybe some ointment or something, you've got a couple scrapes on you. Be good, Muffin."

And with that, Brady heads into the mansion to discuss contracts.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

Sybil had barely sat down at her desk when Brady entered her study.

"My, I thought you'd at least have some matters to discuss with the rest of your group before coming to see me. Here for the contract already?"
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I am! But I came straight to you because everybody else either doesn't know the answers to my questions, or refuses to answer.
You have a public ad out that you're paying well to transport goods, I didn't see any military policing the roads on my way here, and it looked to me like your transport group didn't see it coming when they tripped over a bandit's den in bandit territory. It's one thing to demand privacy about your possessions, but you understand my concern when I say this job sounds suspicious? If you're going to order me to walk into a trap, I'd prefer you be up-front about it.
" Brady does his best to respectfully stand up straight and not look angry, but his small tirade has made the temperature rise in his neck.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Gilbert winced. He hadn't meant to imply that he didn't want gold. Damn this language!

As the man with the fat pegasus had already gone after Sybil, Gilbert would just have to explain himself later. For now, he'd focus on filling his belly and relaxing...and possibly chatting up some of his new companions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Wynne had been a bit quiet when meeting Sybil, only nodding when she asked if she aimed for employment. She was glad she hadn't had to fight the golems after all - doing that right after the earlier fight would have... not been fun, to put it lightly.

But that didn't happen, which meant, she could go and get some food. She was starving.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 151