Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101231 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

"My rank? I'm self-employed, if that's what you mean. Although I'm hoping Ms. Hallewell will hire me."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"...I'm what you would call a commoner, I suppose. Nothing very special about me either. Maybe if I actually join a church..."

"Er, yeah. People here can look all sorts of ways. Don't your people, too?"
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"My rank? That's a funny joke. Though Ma used to say somethin' about my dad being a lord or something. Or was it grandpa. . . ? Either way, she was probably full of crap, and it doesn't really matter now."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'm just a guy a far as rank goes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

None of them seemed to know what caste they were. This was... no wonder they had such a chaotic society, plagued by bandits and hunger.
"You do not have castes? This is... How do you determine your leaders, your farmers, your warriors?"
"No wonder you have such troubles."
"Er, yeah. People here can look all sorts of ways. Don't your people, too?"
"Of course we do. We differ in height, and in features. But our hair is white and our eyes green. All of us. We are one people. Why would we have different colours?"
She crossed her arms over her considerably endowed chest.
"Except, of course, the Empress. But she is a goddess, so it is to expected."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:53:43 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"We just kinda pick what we want to do for ourselves, unless you're born into a high-ranking position like a king or something, or you're taken on as an apprentice like the little miss there. Based on what I do, in your society I'd be whatever the hunter caste is primarily I guess, though I'm not exactly a stranger to shooting people that deserve it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #861 on: April 27, 2017, 02:52:09 pm »

"There is no formal caste system in these lands, but the existent social stratification works in about the same way. I am a priest and dark magic spellcaster, take that as you will." Drest replied.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"And what is... the empress like?"
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

: "You say that everyone in your land look as you do? I find this hard to believe; surely such beauty must be rare, else the world would look drab by comparison."

: "But this caste system, it sounds dreadfully droll. Life is adventure!"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetzie frowned at the contradictory answers.
"What? The priest says there is one, if not formally, but others say there is not. I am confused. Is there or not?"
She shook her head again.
"This is why civilisation has a caste system. Never confusion. Always order."

"And what is... the empress like?"
"Perfect."

: "You say that everyone in your land look as you do? I find this hard to believe; surely such beauty must be rare, else the world would look drab by comparison."

: "But this caste system, it sounds dreadfully droll. Life is adventure!"
"Bah! You have copper tongue."
"I am no great beauty in my land, either. The most beautiful are taken to serve the Empress directly, but I was not chosen. I hope, perhaps I..." she trailed off.
"It is no matter. Where is your Empress?" She paused, then added suspiciously. "Do you even have one, barbarians?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No, I mean her appearance. Is she like you? Really... tall, maybe?"

"As far as I know, this country doesn't have any empress. Just a load of kings murdering each other every few decades."
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

: "I shall take that as a compliment! But there are no Empresses in my homeland. A pity. Just a bunch of the old men running things."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

"They're nobles here Caius, not Kings. And they rotate, not murder each other. Nearest king is south of here, in Ilim."

"As to the caste system things. There are a couple classes of people who live better than commoners. Nobles, of varying stature, and royalty, but they aren't everywhere. Nobles have certain obligations that come with their title, royalty even more so. At least in theory. The common man, on the other hand, can do what he wants, when he wants, so long as he pays, be that payment in time, effort, or consequences."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

"Basically, we don't think about our 'castes' much because almost everyone is in the... uh... normal-people caste, I guess? It's possible to move up if you get rich, but you have to get really rich, and it's hard to get rich if you don't start out rich."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Wynne frowns at the odd woman's talk - her nation certainly sounded interesting, but the way she called them 'barbarians' was a bit irritating.

"If I can ask, why do ya keep callin' us barbarians? It's kinda rude, truth be told."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 151