Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101223 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Quetz had knelt over the men she'd killed, and the sounds of sawing could be heard. She stood up, depositing gory objects and a obsidian knife into a pouch, then the young woman brushed her hair away from her face imperiously.

"What do beast horns matter? The enemy are dead. Feathered serpents devour their souls, soon." She glanced at the masked man. "Priest. You do not do the rituals of victory?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #826 on: April 26, 2017, 03:07:04 pm »

"Yes, he is. I keep him protected in my backpack depending on the situation." Drest replied to Dale before turning to Caius. "You can."

The shaman picked up the young cat and presented it to the grumpy priest.
"Meow."

Then Quetzie drew his attention.

"I do not have any rituals of victory. What do your priests do?" he asked, apparently interested.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Caius gently takes the kitten from Drest, cradling it in his arms.

He makes a sort of weird squeaking noise that sounds like an "aaaaawww".
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Textitlan warrior frowned.
"You are not a priest, then? You wear a mask."
She shot a glance at Caius as he made a strange sound.
"Did your creature just sting him? His noise is..."
She did not have the word, adding a sharp word in her own tongue.
"Like a beast the farmers cut to not breed."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 26, 2017, 03:19:52 pm »

"I am a priest, though it is unlikely I am like the ones you are familiar with. And my familiar cannot sting anyone."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bah. Barbarian priest. What gods do you worship, barbarian priest? Do you honour the feathered serpents? A priest would offer the hearts to the serpents, to honour them, and nourish them to raise the sun."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Him, not it. Right."

He turned to the woman with all the gold. It probably didn't surprise anyone that the part of attire he noticed was more the amount of gold than the smaller amount of clothing.

"Nah, he just likes cats I reckon. Anyway I'm not surprised the bandits came after you, showing off all that jewelry and whatnot, though I dunno what they wanted with your friend there. His cat I guess, seems like people can't keep their hands off of 'em. Know what I mean?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 26, 2017, 03:35:07 pm »

"I do not worship the feathered serpents. I had never heard of them."

Meanwhile, Fael started purring after getting used to Caius. The cat purred much louder than his size would indicate.

>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

OhCaius gently and lovingly snuggles the cat in a very un-Caius-like fashion.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nah, he just likes cats I reckon. Anyway I'm not surprised the bandits came after you, showing off all that jewelry and whatnot, though I dunno what they wanted with your friend there. His cat I guess, seems like people can't keep their hands off of 'em. Know what I mean?"
Quetzalochitl made a scoffing sound, as if finding the idea ridiculous.
"My jewellery? They must have been greatly desperate." She shrugged."My rank is not high, so it is only gold and turquoise. Little of true value."
She frowned.
"They seemed more interested in my beauty. They did not recognise me as a warrior of Textitlan, but as only a woman! Barbarians!"
Abruptly angry again, she delivered a kick with sandalled feet to one of the dead bandits.
"I do not worship the feathered serpents. I had never heard of them."
She shook her head.
"Then you are lucky that our priests know, and work to ensure the sun, or you barbarians would be left in the dark. What do you worship, then?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dale scratched his head.

"You really don't know, huh?"

He looked at Drest and gestured at Quetzalochitl.

"You didn't tell her?"

He turned back to her.

"In these parts, gold is real valuable. Taking down one person and selling as much as what you're carrying is a lot easier and about as profitable as knocking over a bank, and it doesn't leave any witnesses, know what I mean?"

"You're lucky more scrupulous people like us were around."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 26, 2017, 04:08:32 pm »

Drest turned his head to check on Fael and saw that Caius seemed to be having the time of his life with the cat. The priest seemed to like his familiar.

"It is a secret." he calmly told Quetzalxochitl, patting the heavy book by his side. He still hadn't pieced up a proper translation.

"We have only recently paired up." he replied to Dale. Which wouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone who noticed how many questions she was asking him.
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quetz offered Dale a look, like she wasn't entirely certain he wasn't just pulling her leg.
"What value is gold? It is common and little use. It is not like copper or your grey metals. But then, the sailors too, wanted gold..."
She frowned again, and errantly fiddled with the largest turquoise on her necklace.
"Stupid. Also, what is a bank?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Just seems like something that would have come up."

He turned back to Quetz.

"Sounds a bit backward to me. Over here, iron and steel is fairly common, but damn if you can find some unclaimed gold."

"Also a bank is where people store their money. Like, uh... your people have farmers, right? And they keep all their chickens in one place, know what I mean? It's like that. But gold instead of chickens."

"And a whole hell of a lot more guards too."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No. What are chickens?"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 151