Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101253 times)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

At Quetzalxochitl's question, Sybil retrieved a letter opener from her desk and shallowly slit her thumb and added her bloody thumbprint to the contract.

"I must admit it has been some time since I've signed with my own blood. Where do you hail from that you still employ blood contracts?" By the time Drest entered her study the wound had already healed itself, emitting a light green glow during the relatively quick process.

"You must be Drest. I hadn't expected to see you without your mask so soon, if at all."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:38:32 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 1: Supply Run
« Reply #1036 on: May 30, 2017, 10:02:17 pm »

"You are correct, I am Drest. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Sybil."

"And unfortunately, both sipping tea and societal norms required me to put my mask away."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

"Ah yes, pesky things such as those aren't avoidable."

"But I'm sure you came here with a purpose, no?  The contract perhaps?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 30, 2017, 10:58:06 pm »

"Yes, the contract." Drest searched inside his pack one-handed, pulling out a tube which he opened to take out a feather and an inkwell from.

"I have met your pupil. She seems talented."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

Sybil pulled yet another contract out from her desk and handed it to Drest.

"Yes, she is indeed. She has to potential surpass me not only in magical prowess but also in theory. If she had any desire to, that is."

"But alas, I am but her mentor and, as foolish as it sounds, I don't want to force my ambitions on her."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 30, 2017, 11:30:51 pm »

Drest wet the tip of his feather and signed the contract with the careful, practiced calligraphy of a scholar before putting away his writing material.

"I did notice she seems... Sleepy."

Not forcing her ambitions on the girl, hm? Caimnhe didn't seem to have any ambitions, and she was still much harsher when teaching him. The old woman felt more like a force of nature.

"Has she already produced theoretical writings with academical value?"
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

Another contract signed, another for the massive pile in her ever shrinking drawers.

"What she has produced cannot even begin to be called writings. But it's value is unquestionable. I'm not sure what you saw while with her group, but she developed a method of transferring the magical charges of tomes to gemstones. I'm sure you can see the advantages to this discovery."

"I can do the same. But only after spending a great deal of time deciphering what came naturally to her and what she could offer for explanations. Without her, I'm not sure I would have been capable of understanding, let alone performing, such a thing."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 31, 2017, 12:20:48 am »

"I noticed her usage of gemstones in lieu of tomes. And yes, I see the advantages." That sounded like a genius of sorts, then. A lazy one.

"Are you publishing the material? I am sure you can translate it into a tome."

>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

Sybil vaguely gestured to one of the bookcases behind her.

"I already have it ready to be published actually. It's been ready for months, in truth. But I'm going to wait until this whole business with the relocation is resolved. Publishing it earlier could have... unintended side-effects on said relocation. I'm sure you understand."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 31, 2017, 12:39:51 am »

"Absolutely." Drest replied, slowly stroking Fael's fur.

"You sound proud of her and it is good that you found a successor. What about your own studies?"
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

"As for myself, I've been focusing on my golems in between putting words and explanations to Seaiga's natural talent. You didn't have to experience them yourself because of Zephyr's blunder, but I've made great strides in their advancement. I'm no longer restricted to purely natural elements for their composition. The simplest explanation is that I can now make, with enough material mind, golems out of refined material like iron."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 31, 2017, 01:13:40 am »

"I did have your golems explained to me by some of the group's members, at least as best as they could. And iron golems? That is quite formidable. Can you make them out of alloys?"
>Yes?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile

"I've tried more than once after mastering my iron golems, but currently they're too far removed from nature for my method of magical control to last more than few seconds. I'm sure with enough time and practice I'll be able to make my method efficient enough sustain them one day." Sybil glanced at the clock. 9:03.

"As much as I enjoyed chatting with another scholar I'm afraid I'm going to have cut out time short. I've much to prepare before we set out tomorrow and I'd like to get some sleep."

"Perhaps we can speak again like this when time isn't bearing down on us."

A familiar clanking interrupted the few conversations still going on in the dining all.

"Listen up, all of you! Tomorrow's a big day and it starts early. If you don't get up You. Will. Be. Left. Behind. We're already far beyond behind schedule thanks to your sage Council's tricks. If you want a chance of getting sleep I'd turn in now unless you fancy yourself one hell of a sleepwalker."

As the man clanked away the dining hall quickly cleared out; no one was willing to risk their reward for a little more social time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:29:19 am by I_Like_Pi »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Caius gets up noisily from his chair.

"And there's my cue. Gods know I haven't gotten any good rest in weeks as it is. Night, everyone."

He departs quickly, staves in hand.
Black lives matter.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile

It's been a few days since I've met these guys, but I still can't find a way to have an actual talk with them. Way to go.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 151