Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15308 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2017, 01:15:49 am »

The Senate once more grinds to a halt, though a small majority of senators have ended up supporting the Dictator's proposed constitution. At the end of the meeting, no consensus is reached on this or other matters.

Action Phase
Very few instructions have been given out, though the census will certainly make it easier to manage the affairs of the nation and its peoples. The withdrawal of Kanami Awerick from public life has led to an opening in the government; Minister Jasso has requested transfer to this Ministry, while a prominent Senator by the name of Albertus Miroslav is campaigning for the position of Minister of the Economy. Though relatively inexperienced with administrative work, he wields great influence among the Senate.

(( I'm probably going to merge the Action and Meeting phases, so as to waste less time. If the Senate is more active I might re-split them, but for now we'll just have one phase (two if there's a major event that needs reacting to. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2017, 01:31:29 am »

Action 1: Force through the constitution; Though use of executive power force through the constitution in the senate to ensure the nation has this critical document implemented.

Instant action 1: Financial division; Assign 12 wealth to the ministry of the economy to stimulate the economy and increase taxation efforts. The bureaucracy is assigned 4 wealth for upkeep and expansion, The ministry receive 6 wealth for the upkeep of the police forces.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:04:54 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2017, 03:39:17 am »

1. Deal with General Rodwitz, try to be diplomatic with him at first but if he refuses to be diplomatic then stop him with force.

2. Gaurd the area bordering the West Administration, once again only attack if I see a good opportunity, and try not to take to much, otherwise we might end up spread thin.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2017, 07:08:28 pm »

Personal Actions:
1) Order a survey analyzing the level of taxation rate upon the various elements of society.
2) Once the data from the surveys ordered to be performed has come in, utilize it to determine and enact the economic plan for the year.

Bendt Vacek Orders:
1) Utilize relevant portions of the Ministry of the Economy to perform an analysis of the nation determining what the primary economic production of areas within the nation are for use in planning infrastructure improvements.
2) Utilize relevant portions of the Ministry of the Economy to perform a cost analysis routes following locations along the following Minor Road Proposals:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aser Winther Orders:
1) Utilize relevant portions of the Ministry of the Economy to perform an analysis rating the usage of ports along military and commercial uses to determine which ports have the most and least use for those two categories.
2) Utilize relevant portions of the Ministry of the Economy to perform a survey of the natural resources of the nation.

(Not doing much on the practical side this turn, but the data will allow for me to do more in the future.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:17:51 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2017, 07:04:39 pm »

(won't be able to write action for a day or two; am travelling right now))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2017, 02:34:26 am »

(won't be able to write action for a day or two; am travelling right now))
(( No problem; if the turn is posted before you get back, you can do your actions retroactively. ))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2017, 10:22:47 am »

Turn 4
Half-way through the Year 638 of the Jakken Calendar. Taxes and upkeep are not collected or paid this turn.
Spoiler: Current Government (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Federal Budget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maps Page (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: National Census (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: National Constitution (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Recent Events (Turn 3) (click to show/hide)

GM Notes:
Turns will be performed all at once to avoid wasted time. Since there are very few players participating as senators, there is no point in having a seperate meeting phase. From now on the Action and Meeting phase will happen simultaneously, with the reaction phase only taking place if necessary (in the case where an event occurs where all/multiple players have the chance to respond). Reactions have only been occurring via PM up until this point. By the way, keep in mind that the turn summary is only updated with information available to the Peoples' Bureaucracy; that is, information made public knowledge or delivered to Carlos. If it's sent to you via PM, the Bureaucracy won't know until you let them know.

PS: I significantly reworked the economy and solidified unit/POP mechanics and numbers, so the numbers have been rebalanced. A lot of prices (especially wages) dropped considerably.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2017, 10:29:38 am »

(Just to check, should I have gotten a message from you?  Or were my actions delayed since I wasn't there at the start of the turn?)

Edit: (Nevermind, seems you were in the middle of sending it off when I saw the turn was up.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »

"Well, I am please to announce that that a few oversights with the finances have been found and rectified. This should reduce the financial burden of the army and the Stormguard considerably and leave some additional finances for invest and what have you.

Now, having taken some time to ponder the the suggestions of factories, I have recently taken a trip to [Insert city 2's name here] and found a few promising inventors and engineers from the royal academy there and I will say what some of the alumini have come up with is frankly fascinating; mass production of glass, steam pumps, mass production of wine. There was one that was working on a way to fly using helium. The school itself producing these brilliant minds however is struggling a little, due to financial difficulties.

Vice happens to be on a disturbing uptick within the capital however, predominantly in the slums. Now this is something I require to be obliterated in earnest, and if I find that it is a person that has a position within government that has been sponsoring this, they will be removed from office in a permanent manner."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2017, 06:12:25 pm »

"My Dictator, I recognize the benefit of the funding of schools, the limited analysis I have been able to run for the sake of making informed policy decisions shows that the tax system is currently in a horrific state.  There is little understating the problem, as the current situation has only the capital itself able to be taxed reliably.  Combining this with the current very low tax rate of ten percent of earnings, the income of the government from taxation is only <1 wealth>."

"Even with major efforts in order to rectify this, I must warn that I am uncertain as to exactly what degree the taxable income will increase by.  Further, the analyses of the Federal Budget and existing wealth have yet to be completed so our current exact financial situation is unknown as a result of a lack of records I am aware of from my predecessor.  While the possibility we have significant wealth may exist, we may just as easily be upon the brink of collapse."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:40:01 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2017, 01:56:21 am »

((Sorry didn't notice this updating for some reason.))
Lord Valerius' Isles: Negative. De facto part of the Suderland Republics.

- Lord Valerius has betrayed our trust and has instead joined the Suderland Republics. Further details are unknown.
((That bastard))

The People's bureaucracy presents a report
The Peoples’ Bureaucracy gets busy surveying the nation’s forts, and makes a good deal of progress on compiling information regarding defensive structures. They begin primarily in the Belt, and provide the following information regarding the Major and Minor Forts. Information received from Camilla and General Warr were of great help in completing a fast survey of the Belt.

Each fort is organized on a scale of 1 to 5 for both Class and Size, with a larger Class being a tougher defensive position and a larger Size being able to station more soldiers (1 unit per size). All Minor Forts are a “1” by default for both Class and Size. The Major forts are ordered from left to right across the Belt, with Mount Sapario starting the chain in the mountains on the western border and Camillo’s Fort ending the chain on an island in the middle of the river.

Major Forts: Mount Sapario [Class 4, Size 2], Sala’s Fort [Class 1, Size 2], The Bustillo [Class 3, Size 4], Camillo’s Fort [Class 3, Size 1].
Minor Forts: 12. Western Belt: 5 [west of the Bustillo], Eastern Belt: 7 [east of the Bustillo].

Though the surveys of the rest of the Forts in the nation have not been completed, your bureaucrats have given you a rough estimate of the numbers. There are believed to be four minor and one major fort near the southwestern border, two forts protecting City 4, and eight forts (two major, one minor) protecting City 2 and the Capital. This brings the estimate for the total number of forts in the nation to thirty-one forts. Border areas and vital commercial centers tend to be very well protected, but there are quite a few gaps in the defensive matrix. Provinces 2 and 3 are particularly undefended.

Carlos presents a concerning, if unfortunately vague, report to the Dictator and Ministers.
You take some time away from your administrative matters to walk among the Palace Gardens and read the stars. During your sixth week of speculative gazing, you notice that the Aggridon’s Star seems to be missing. Consulting your sacred texts and discussing at the Academy, it seems it may have something to do with the man whom after the star was named.

In myth, Aggridon was a warrior of great renown who, enamoured with the King’s daughter, wished to marry her. However, the King - arrogant and haughty as he was - told the warrior, “If you wish to marry my daughter, you must go forth and beat the champions of seven great kingdoms”. Aggridon did this, and upon returning once again asked for the daughter’s hand in marriage. The King once more refused, and demanded, “It is not enough. You must lead my armies into battle and beat the armies of three of my enemies”. Aggridon rode forth and fought these battles, driving off the enemies before returning to the King. But still the King was not pleased with Aggridon’s offers. He once more demanded, “You must go forth and bring me a King’s head. And then you shall have my daughter’s hand in marriage.” Aggridon slew the King’s guards and severed the fool’s head from his body, laying it in his hands. He announced, “My tasks are complete; you have been delivered the head of a King.” He stole the King’s daughter away, only to have her break a spear in his throat while he slept.

You are not quite sure what this myth might signal for the future, but several weeks later you come across a dead cat, impaled through the throat by a tree branch. A tree had fallen over and caught it in the neck. Whatever it means, you do know this: it is a grim portent.

- An unknown fleet has blockaded City 3.
((Important!))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:01:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2017, 08:28:28 am »

- An unknown fleet has blockaded City 3.
((Important!))

(Which one was City 3?)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2017, 01:55:12 pm »

((I'm guessing the port in State 3, which would point to the Westerlanders))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2017, 07:15:43 pm »

((I'm guessing the port in State 3, which would point to the Westerlanders))
Correct. Each City # corresponds with its respective Province.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2017, 07:42:25 pm »

"Noted Albertus. However, I do recall one of your tasks was to establish an effective taxation network able to service the entire nation, and that there was funding towards this goal given to the ministry for this express purpose. Which leads me to question what you have done with such funds in lieu of this.

And Carlos, while I wish I could say I would heed the warning of such prophesies, we both know very well that the future is mutable, doubly so since we are living proof of the future's malleability. As such I have more important things to worry about than superstitious omens.

Now, the blockade of [Insert City 3's name here] is worrying, but not too concerning given the recent 'flip' of Admiral Pontius to our banner. We can likely send him in to deal with the blockading threat, odds are it is a reprisal from the western administration. The loss of the islands to the south to the Suderland republics is of no great concern for now, as we have the naval base and the trade hub in the region. I'm open to ideas on limiting the republic's expansion in the area; a naval base under their banner would make things there messy."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17