Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15320 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2017, 09:59:17 am »

(Curious, what positions are unfilled and need to be filled at the current time?)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2017, 11:06:53 am »

((Minister of civil service and minister of economy right now.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2017, 11:22:57 am »

((Minister of civil service and minister of economy right now.))

(Okay then.  Who is in what position and what has thus far occurred in the game?)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2017, 11:33:43 am »

Dictator: Alavar Taisenel (Taricus)
Adviser: Carlos (Demonic Spoon)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomacy, International Trade): Roberto Porras (NPC)
Ministry of Defence (Military): Lord Warr (TankKit)
Ministry of the Interior (Police, Corruption, Domestic Intelligence, Foreign Intelligence): Camila (micelus)
Ministry of Civil Service (Education, Healthcare, Law, Religion): Kanami Awerick (flazeo25) <-Inactive
Ministry of the Economy (Infrastructure, Agriculture, Domestic Trade, Industry, Banking, Unions): Clemente Jasso (NPC)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2017, 12:19:17 pm »

Dictator: Alavar Taisenel (Taricus)
Adviser: Carlos (Demonic Spoon)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomacy, International Trade): Roberto Porras (NPC)
Ministry of Defence (Military): Lord Warr (TankKit)
Ministry of the Interior (Police, Corruption, Domestic Intelligence, Foreign Intelligence): Camila (micelus)
Ministry of Civil Service (Education, Healthcare, Law, Religion): Kanami Awerick (flazeo25) <-Inactive
Ministry of the Economy (Infrastructure, Agriculture, Domestic Trade, Industry, Banking, Unions): Clemente Jasso (NPC)

(Alright then.  What are the current issues, then?)

(Also, to the GM, does the act of commanding underlings, sending a message to underlings, and sending data between underlings use up an action?  I'm writing an underling focused character (see WIP sheet below), and I may need to modify it depending upon your answer.)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:06:27 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »

((You don't need the assistant minsters as underlings, the GM will assign them as appropriate NPCs. Which means you have more points to put into stats or assets And you'd need admin to manage the ministry too. Important as you'd be the person handling all of the money as well. And take energy too, you need it to do actions in general.))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2017, 05:38:57 pm »

(( Keep in mind that Underlings =/= Subordinates. Think of underlings as people who work directly for you, while subordinates are people who manage things for you. So Assistant Ministers would manage sub-ministries for you, while underlings would work under you to perform tasks. You don't need to use actions to get either to do anything. ))

Dictator, permission to move to the Senate Meeting?
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2017, 07:09:39 pm »

((You don't need the assistant minsters as underlings, the GM will assign them as appropriate NPCs. Which means you have more points to put into stats or assets And you'd need admin to manage the ministry too. Important as you'd be the person handling all of the money as well. And take energy too, you need it to do actions in general.))

(Technically, that setup has five actions since my underlings all got one.  Did nix two of them in the current iteration, but I now have six actions total, that if assigned effectively essentially gives me a 3 in non-energy categories.  Anyway, I am trying to make a guy who is loyal and charismatic, but quite inexperienced.  However, he knows this, and instead surrounds himself with competent people.  Bit better representative of that now.  Mainly doing this to try something different than everyone else.)

(( Keep in mind that Underlings =/= Subordinates. Think of underlings as people who work directly for you, while subordinates are people who manage things for you. So Assistant Ministers would manage sub-ministries for you, while underlings would work under you to perform tasks. You don't need to use actions to get either to do anything. ))

(Thank you for the information.  When was the last turn, so I can read up from there?)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »

Permission granted if the new minister in. And broaching the topic of the constitution as the start of discussion in the senate.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2017, 08:09:19 pm »

The Senate has Convened
The foremost topic on the agenda is the creation of the constitution.
Ministers, the Adviser, and the Dictator can add additional items to the agenda.
Senators are highly encouraged to provide advice on these matters to the government.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:01 pm »

((I thought ordering subordinates around costed actions? If not, I've been utilising Tulip wrong this whole time.))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »

(Sheet should be complete now, unless you tell me that I do not round up for the half point values and all the [3] points I have count as [2.5] instead, as that would mean I have 3 points left over for use.)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2017, 08:52:58 pm »

((I thought ordering subordinates around costed actions? If not, I've been utilising Tulip wrong this whole time.))
(( Giving instructions to subordinates does not require an action on your part. Think of it this way: actions are things that take you a great deal of time to perform/manage/oversee dealing with paperwork, travel, and/or labor. Spending a few hours telling someone to do something takes very little effort on the part of the character. This is also why communication is a free action: it doesn't take you any time to do unless you're doing alot of it (negotiations) or you're travelling to do so (as with the Minister of Foreign Affairs). ))

(Sheet should be complete now, unless you tell me that I do not round up for the half point values and all the [3] points I have count as [2.5] instead, as that would mean I have 3 points left over for use.)
(( You don't need to round those points, so you should still have 3 points left to use. Do keep in mind that if you assign your underlings permanent assets and responsibilities, they cease to become underlings and are then subordinates, since they will have their own things to manage and aren't part of your retinue. They'll keep their stats, it's just you'll need different stats (Politics instead of Passion) for your max number and they'll have more autonomy. ))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2017, 09:12:53 pm »

(( You don't need to round those points, so you should still have 3 points left to use. Do keep in mind that if you assign your underlings permanent assets and responsibilities, they cease to become underlings and are then subordinates, since they will have their own things to manage and aren't part of your retinue. They'll keep their stats, it's just you'll need different stats (Politics instead of Passion) for your max number and they'll have more autonomy. ))

(Sweet, adjusted.  The titles were just something I tossed out as a justification for sending them out for whatever I need them to do at the time and authority would be recognized.  Their responsibilities and assets would be liquid entirely depending upon what I tell them to get done at the time.)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »

The Ditctator proposes the following document as the constitution (Or the base of one) for the nation:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17