Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15340 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:30 pm »

"Revised the document a little, but otherwise it looks like a solid foundation. While the removal of the illegality of drugs and the like seems like a distateful decision, such an article has no place in the constitution, but as a separate piece of legislature."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2017, 05:44:13 pm »

Than shall we convene the Senate, Dictator?
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2017, 06:18:06 pm »

Convene the senate!

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »

The Senate is now convened.

The largest item on the agenda is the creation of the constitution for our great nation.

Any additional items may be brought up by Senators, Ministers, or the Dictator.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2017, 10:31:11 pm »

After several Senate meetings filled with long discussion during which very little of import is decided, the Senate adjourned. It is now the....

Action Phase
The ministries have been solidified, and (arguably) capable ministers put in charge. With the transfer of the Bureaucracy to the control of the Adviser, he's likely to have much more influence on the nation. Many senators fear the power Camila wields, though to be fair she's done a fantastic job in maintaining order and establishing a police force. Lord Warr returns north to the Bustillo with Moreno, while the rest of the Imperial Generals clean up any remaining opposition to the government. The isles are likely to fall under national control, and the Suderland Republics appear to be up for diplomatic contact. On top of this, the census and national surveys have been under way for the last several months, and are likely to finish in the upcoming months. The country appears to be on very stable footing.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2017, 01:07:52 am »

Action 1: Continue the Survey of National Infrastructure [People's Bureaucracy]
Action 2: Continue the Survey and Distribution of Imperial Assets [People's Bureaucracy]
Action 3: Have the bureaucracy assist diplomatic efforts however we can.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:16:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2017, 03:01:13 am »

While I'm there, keep an eye out for any weak areas that I could easily take control of without too many problems.
Also survey the forts.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:07:35 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:34 am »

"Do remember Mister Warr that we must survey the forts."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2017, 03:33:24 am »

Action one: Administration; Assign all cities a mayor, and assign them under three state governors. One state is compromised of the two northern provinces, the second managing the central and easternmost provinces. The final state consists of the western province by it's lonesome, the dictator taking personal management of the capital.
Action two: Stormguard; Continue overseeing and administering the training of the stormguard. In addition take over the direct logistics of the stormguard, directly overseeing it's equipment and composition.

((Presumably the ministry of foreign affairs will do it's assigned tasks without needing someone to guide them with an actual action?))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2017, 03:39:16 am »

((Presumably the ministry of foreign affairs will do it's assigned tasks without needing someone to guide them with an actual action?))

(( You can instruct them to perform certain tasks as you can with any other minister; they may choose to ignore you depending on the loyalty of the Minister. But yeah, NPC Ministers will continue to perform actions depending on their own agendas and the agenda of the government. ))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2017, 05:09:02 am »

(( You can instruct them to perform certain tasks as you can with any other minister; they may choose to ignore you depending on the loyalty of the Minister. But yeah, NPC Ministers will continue to perform actions depending on their own agendas and the agenda of the government. ))
((I just want to help since the minister complained about me hogging the bureaucracy iirc. :V Time to mire everything in paperwork.))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:10:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2017, 05:21:52 am »

((I just want to help since the minister complained about me hogging the bureaucracy iirc. :V Time to mire everything in paperwork.))

(( It wouldn't be a proper bureaucracy otherwise ^.^ ))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2017, 05:55:21 am »

Does public education exist yet? Cos once these surveys get finished I think we should start setting up public services for stronk country. Then Camilla can spy on the west administration area, since not only is that our biggest threat, it's also the best area to expand into and export the revolution.  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:58:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2017, 10:48:01 am »

Not yet as such, but that's due to the minister for that not being active :P

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »

The Reaction Phase has passed, being done privately. It is now the...

Meeting Phase, Turn 3

Six months have passed since the Senate was adjourned. Despite the previous meeting ending in gridlock, there are hopes that one of the constitution drafts will be put into law this month. During this time, the government has continued to establish itself. The national census has been completed, States have been established, and the Ministry of the Economy announces that they have put tax collection efforts into motion. The Suderland Republics seem welcome to diplomacy, and Corneddo has accepted our overlordship on the condition that they remain their autonomy economically and politically. Lord Warr has just returned from a military expedition to the West, while Camila has come back from surveying forts in the north. The government is on its feet, but despite this the lack of outspoken politicians has led to an unorganized and unified Senate. A void has opened up, a need for a voice to make the Senate's demands heard. Right now they're about as disorganized as the rabble who got them their positions. In any case, things are stable. One can only hope it stays that way.

The Ministry of Civil Service has finished the national census. The following statistics have been generated with a believed accuracy of plus or minus twenty-five percent:
Spoiler: National Census (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: State Map (click to show/hide)

Diplomatic relations have opened up with the Suderland Republics, more specifically the Republic of Anhoven. Positive relations with Anhoven will act as a door to opening up relations with the rest of the Republics. They haven’t agreed to anything specific yet.

The Ministry of the Economy has begun collecting taxes from the cities, utilizing the census to get an accurate read on the population. Taxation is currently Low, with Very Few citizens paying taxes currently. This is expected to improve over the coming months, as more tax revenue funds more tax collection. They announce they are currently collecting 4 wealth annually. They’ve also claimed the profits of government businesses and residences (as the Ministry of the Economy), and report the profits from these to be 5 wealth annually. As well as restarting the revenue system, they’ve also created several reports on the state of the Economy, and through analysis have established it as currently Destitute. Fortunately the state of the Economy appears to be temporary, a result of the Empire’s collapse and the ensuing chaos. It is on the rise and within the year should be at Very Poor. The Ministry has retained 4 wealth to assist in boosting tax revenue, while the other 5 wealth has been delivered to the Dictator.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:53:05 am by DontBanTheMan »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17