Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15323 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »

The Senate is swayed by Senator Cain's argument, but do recognize the need for an immediate establishment of order. After much debate, it's decided to adopt the constitution proposed for a period of two years while the permanent constitution is drafted. During this time, any blatant misuse of government powers will be met with harsh penalties. Failure to draft a suitable constitution should be met with replacement.

Action Phase:
It is now the Actions Phase. The Dictator has assigned tasks, and though the Ministries are still facing a shakeup, actions by the to-be Ministers can be performed in the meantime. Several interim Ministers have been appointed to deal with the Ministerial tasks that the Dictator requires. He still must assign the provinces and cities, but it should take little effort on his part. But with a new constitution in hand and the backing of the Senate behind you, you can take the first steps to ensuring the well-being of the new state.

The current ministries are Civil Service, Economy, Interior, and the Exterior (soon to be defunct). Camila is now the Minister of the Interior, Lord Warr is the Minister of the Exterior (until it is split, and then he will be the Minister of Defense), Kanami Awerick is the Minister of Civil Service, and a competent diplomat named Roberto Porras is assigned to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs once it is created. Until then, he will act as the Dictator's direct subordinate as an arm of the Executive branch. No Minister has been assigned to the management of the Economy; for now, it is being managed by a prominent businessman by the name of Clemente Jasso.

It is time to cement our rule within the nation.

[ This turn will be a period of six months. Turn length can vary, but will usually be a year or half a year. Players can do their actions publicly and/or PM them to me. If things aren't clarified, it falls onto the players to decide what to do about it (for example, the province/city management situation is still pretty unclear - I won't clarify who's in charge of what, it's up to the players to sort it out). If there are any questions regarding information from the bureaucracy or game rules, I would be happy to answer. ]
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 02:54:52 am »

"Advisor Carlos reminds the Minister of the to be formed Defence Ministry and the Minister of the Interior that they are to jointly survey the forts of our nation and provide a report.

Similarly, the minister of the Civil Service is to conduct a census."

((Flaze hasn't posted since the first time he posted in the thread iirc. Could we possibly have his minister be on autopilot if he doesn't post by the time this phase is resolved please? The census is rather important.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:28:09 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 03:21:56 am »

"Well, off I go." ((Currently looking at something before I post my actions.))((Done!)) Leave my unit of Rivergaurd here and drag General Moreno with me as I go to the Northern Border. Then gaurd it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:34:16 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 06:08:40 am »

((Flaze hasn't posted since the first time he posted in the thread iirc. Could we possibly have his minister be on autopilot if he doesn't post by the time this phase is resolved please? The census is rather important.))
(( Will do. The census will be performed automatically if flaze doesn't post. ))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 08:55:27 am »

(( Will do. The census will be performed automatically if flaze doesn't post. ))
((Would the seizing and division of imperial properties as I proposed require an action? If so, I'll do that))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:48 am »

((Would the seizing and division of imperial properties as I proposed require an action? If so, I'll do that))
(( yes, it will take an action. ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 05:43:28 pm »

Alavar sends summons to the various revolutionary groups summoning them to the capital for assaying and assimilation into state service, primary among these is the formation of the Storm Guard, the personal guard of the dictator with the aim of establishing six units of them, depending on the quality of manpower. Those not fit for military duty, whether by physical standards of the army or just unwilling to join the military are sent to various institutions to provide them manpower (Which is loyal) to which they can enact their duties, even if they'd need some training. ((Presuming this only needs one action, correct me if I'm wrong.))

Alavar oversees the re-organisation of the ministries if necessary ((Don't know if I need to spend an action here or if someone else could do that.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2017, 12:52:14 am »

Action 1: Carlos will survey the infrastructure of the nation, co-opting the aid of the Ministry of Economy.
Action 2: Carlos with help to re-organize the ministries as laid out by the director
Action 3: Carlos will seize and distribute imperial assets as laid out earlier, using the authority of the Dictator to command police and military forces where/when/if needed for this task.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:28:42 am by Demonic Spoon »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2017, 07:57:40 am »

Due to a lack of necessary reactions, the Reaction Phase has been skipped. It is now the…

Meeting Phase, Turn 2
Destruction. War. Chaos. These are attributes which can be applied to much of the Empire, but certainly not your own little corner of civilization over the past six months. Under the firm directive of Camila, a national police force has been established and the results have been immediate: an almost complete stop to the unrest and infighting. This has allowed the Dictator a great degree of control and communication, and all of the revolutionary units and agencies are now under the firm control of the government. While the revolutionary fighters have been recalled to the Capital, Lord Warr has been dispatched north with General Moreno to occupy the line of forts called the Belt. Fortifying the citadel known as the Bustillo, he’s cut off all hostile entry to the country from the vulnerable north. Amidst this settling, a play has been released by the renowned playwright Tulip which has been the talk of the Capital. A sociable atmosphere has re-entered Crevari, and the people are settling down into the comfort and stability that the new government has brought them. The government has certainly not let itself relax however, as government bureaucrats have sprung into action. The ministries have been re-arranged, and an extensive survey of the nation’s infrastructure and assets has begun. A national census has also been started by the Ministry of the Economy. This should prove essential in ensuring the fledgeling country gets off to a good start.

The standing government is as such:
Dictator: Alavar Taisenel (Taricus)
Adviser: Carlos (Demonic Spoon)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomacy, International Trade): Roberto Porras (NPC)
Ministry of Defence (Military): Lord Warr (TankKit)
Ministry of the Interior (Police, Corruption, Domestic Intelligence, Foreign Intelligence): Camila (micelus)
Ministry of Civil Service (Education, Healthcare, Law, Religion): Kanami Awerick (flazeo25)
Ministry of the Economy (Infrastructure, Agriculture, Domestic Trade, Industry, Banking, Unions): Clemente Jasso (NPC)
Senate: Three-hundred forty two prominent politicians, bureaucrats, generals, and businessmen (note: any players without sheets may speak and vote as a senator).

Current Government Assets:
The Capital Building [serving as seat of government]
Crevari, the Capital [currently managed directly by the dictator - incurring inefficiency penalties]
5 City Halls [serving as provincial capitals]
5 Cities [currently managed directly by the dictator - incurring inefficiency penalties]
6 Provinces [currently managed directly by the dictator - incurring inefficiency penalties]

Imperial Gen. Warr, 5 Imperial Units [currently in the Belt] + 1 Riverguard Unit [currently in capital]
Imperial Gen. Rodwitz, 4 Imperial Units [currently in north]
Imperial Gen. Narváez, 3 Imperial Units [currently in southeast]
Imperial Gen. Rosales, 3 Imperial Units [currently in west]
Imperial Gen. Moreno, 2 Riverguard Units [currently in the Belt]
6 Stormguard Units [currently in capital]

The Royal Bureaucracy [currently managed by the government bureaucrat Joel Mendez. Counts as two assets]
The National Police, 2 Police Units [currently in cities, focused in capital; managed by Ministry of the Interior]
The Belt [largest being the Bustillo; currently occupied and managed by Lord Warr and General Moreno]

Ongoing Actions:
National Census [Ministry of Economy]
Survey of National Infrastructure [Royal Bureaucracy]
Survey and Distribution of Imperial Assets [Royal Bureaucracy]

GM Notes:
This turn update is managed by the Royal Bureaucracy to provide information for the government, and they can be instructed to arrange it differently by their authority (currently the Dictator or his Adviser). To newer/PTW players: keep in mind sheets will be accepted at any point. Feel free to throw your lot into the ring. If desired, you may also take the spot of an NPC (you can create your sheet as usual, but should try to fit atleast somewhat with established lore on the NPC you’re taking over).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:59:24 am by DontBanTheMan »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2017, 08:18:43 am »

Wait, when was the reaction phase? You didn't announce it.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2017, 08:56:42 am »

Wait, when was the reaction phase? You didn't announce it.
Due to a lack of necessary reactions, the Reaction Phase has been skipped. It is now the…

Meeting Phase, Turn 2
((OOC: DontBanTheMan, technically the Ministry of the Civil Service was to carry out the census, but it doesn't really matter.

Also, I can't help but be extremely worried about Camila being given more or less free reign with little oversight. Someone should really fix that. Paging the senators?))

Turn 2: Government discussion

"My Dictator, I would like to request permission to permanently oversee the Royal Bureaucracy (which we really should rename), to better serve you and our nation.

Minister Warr and Minister Camila, I seek confirmation that you have begun surveying the forts of our realm, or assurances that you will begin doing so soon?

Minister Roberto Porras, have we yet received any word back from the diplomats the Dictator bid you send out?

Bureacrats, could someone please provide a synopsis of the Tulip play? I was too busy with affairs of state to attend such frivolities, but it is important for the rulers of a nation to keep their finger on the pulse of popular culture, especially in a realm such as ours where the common citizens have a say on their governance."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:07:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:13 am »

((Don't worry Spoon, Edgar Hoover was completely loyal to the US of A and Camilla is too!))

"I must apologise. As ordered, I have dealt with the unrest...unfortunately, I may have been somewhat too focused on this one task and I accept the this error completely. I have not surveyed the forts at all. Suffice to say, I will have to begin this immediately."

((I maayyyyy have actually missed Carlo's recommendations completely. Oops. ))

"As for the play, there is no need to bother the bureaucrats about this. Tulip is a good friend of mine. Suffice to say, it was simply the story of a humble shop owner and his family and their experiences during the last few years. Painted our government in a good light...relatively speaking. If you're too moralising you just bore the audience. Need to keep it balanced and engaging, yes? My people also tell me the play has helped revitalise the capitol's art industries, which is a further boon for the government."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:18:11 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2017, 09:48:26 am »

((OOC: DontBanTheMan, technically the Ministry of the Civil Service was to carry out the census, but it doesn't really matter.
(( Seems one of the bureaucrats made an error; I'll make sure he gets written up for this  :P ))

Minister Roberto Porras, have we yet received any word back from the diplomats the Dictator bid you send out?
Roberto, an energetic man in his mid 40's, stands to reply, "Indeed I did, Adviser. Rather, I personally went to the Isles to meet with the ones in charge, and was actually quite surprised by their willingness to cooperate with our state. Lord Mayor - as he's called - Germanus Martinus seemed very cordial. Seems he's kept a tight lid on unrest in Corneddo, and the city's thriving off of the Empire's destruction. Would be willing to join us, but would want to keep their autonomy. The isle with the naval base - Pernocari - was pretty successful as well. The admiral stationed there has five Frigate Units along with a Flagship Unit. Didn't seem too friendly, but apparently he's running out of supplies. Is starting to get pretty desperate, but he isn't quite convinced on joining us. As for the rest of the islands - the governor responsible for them, Lord Valerius, is willing to hand control over to us in exchange for a comfortable life in the Capital and a high-ranking post within the government."

Bureacrats, could someone please provide a synopsis of the Tulip play? I was too busy with affairs of state to attend such frivolities, but it is important for the rulers of a nation to keep their finger on the pulse of popular culture, especially in a realm such as ours where the common citizens have a say on their governance."[/color]

Not many of the bureaucrats attended the play either, though one of the ones present can corroborate Camila's summary of the play.

PS: I forgot to mention. This will be taking place in the 1700s. I'll update it when I have time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:50:01 am by DontBanTheMan »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2017, 09:53:35 am »

"And what skills does Lord Valerius have? If I may be frank, putting a noble in control of a ministry might send the wrong messages. Would seem a bit at odds with our anti-feudal ideology, yes?"

"Forgive me if I misunderstand, but this Lord Mayor controls only Corneddo, which I assume is the main city on the Isles, yes? The Governor on the other hand is in charge over the whole of the Isles, correct?"

"I would also like to add that we don't necessarily need to give into these men, we simply need to export the Revolution to the Isles. Show the world we're doing better than everyone else, export this very enlightening news to those more willing to serve us and then fund the ensuing coup. As for this admiral...well the options available seem even better. Cause a mutiny amongst his fleet and simply hire the replacement. Give him a letter of marque or offer him some other lucrative deal. Quite simple.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:26:03 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2017, 10:02:20 am »

"Carlos, I can acquiesce to that request. Consider yourself in charge of the bureaucracy until a minister is active at the post for it. Rename it as you will. And ensure that they inform us on any possible crisis, I'd rather head off a problem before it becomes a problem

Between the revolutionaries being greater in number than anticipated, and the bureaucracy managing to enlist extra manpower I can safely say that the Stormguard is at full strength, though it will take time to train them to the level required of them. Along with the police force being existent now we have additional measures for keeping order in the nation. Effectively I'd say that the power structure and the rule of our law is firmly established and I'd go as far to say safe from a coup from any independent general.

After a little bit of thought rather than splitting up the provinces and cities and running half myself, I've decided to run all of the provinces myself. The Cities will have administrators appointed to their municipality and report to the provincial governor which in this case will be me. This will allow a centralised administration without overloading it.

Now, Camila, While I applaud the efficiency of which the unrest has been dealt with, the lack of attentiveness towards the surveying of the forts is worrying. You had best rectify this situation, and soon. As for the play, I see no reason to condemn it especially with the corroborating evidence of the bureaucrats that have

Roberto, the results of your actions in the isles pleases me. Martinus shall have his autonomy; given the administration here is at it's effective limit for the time being it benefits both parties. Try to find a suitable position for Lord Valerius; One that while well paying and prestigious is out of the way so that he isn't able to cause too much trouble, preferably something that also takes advantage of what skills he has. As for the Admiral, continue probing and learning about him; While I'm not opposed to straight up offering supplies I want to know what the Admiral is like so we know who we're dealing with and thus ensure that if he does flip to us he does so whole-heartedly. If we do that we'll ensure we get the full backing of the fleet stationed at Perconari."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17