Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15268 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2017, 03:01:33 pm »

(bump)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2017, 11:48:30 pm »

Been working on the turn the past few days, expect an update later tonight or late tomorrow.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2017, 10:56:23 am »

Turn 6
Middle of the Year 639 of the Jakken Calendar. Taxes and upkeep are NOT calculated this turn.
Spoiler: >Important Notices< (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Government (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Government Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Federal Budget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maps Page (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: National Census (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: National Constitution (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Recent Events (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:15:34 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:55 am »

"My dictator, I am afraid I bear some bad news about the thought of implementing an increase in taxes.  The recent collection of taxes by the Stormguard has undone every single ounce of goodwill we could have used to keep the populace from going into full rebellion if it is implemented.  Further, their actions have also caused the improvement the economy had recently made to be undone.  Actually, that understates just how big of an impact it made.  The actions have quite frankly put us on the verge of complete economic collapse from all the businesses that were shut down from people needing to pay triple taxes, being jailed, or killed.  I strongly recommend that we give those hit by the triple taxes vouchers so they do not need to pay taxes this or next year and do not increase the taxation rate."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2017, 02:58:04 pm »

"They knew the risks when they chose to dodge their taxes. There will be no vouchers; they paid for their lives with that money and to reverse that would be a weakness and fracture in our authority. The taxation rate I could agree on, so long as the tax reform is going ahead as planned. The only goodwill that has been lost is that with the landowners; the rest of the population are effectively content at the moment.

Furthermore as those assets were seized, reorganising and using them to economic benefit isn't out of the question. Besides, I'm pretty sure you've said we've been on economic collapse before, this will hardly be different. Reform will be painful and we will have to do it. Better now before we've built up the economy significantly."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2017, 12:52:29 am »

(Okay, DontBanTheMan made the edit to include the accidentally excluded Ministry of the Economy and Taxation Service.  I wonder if the budget has been filled out...)

Current Wealth: 0.00 wealth in government coffers.

(Oh.  Well, that could be a problem.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2017, 04:16:09 am »

Government Assets: 2.33 wealth.
Personal Assets: 16 wealth.
((We're fine with the upkeep of the army, for now.))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2017, 06:14:13 am »

"My Dictator, I must ask how long this rogue general will be allowed to run free.

I also bring dire news. Doom is coming to Estrella."

The end is nigh. All hell will rain down on the Empire. While seeking signs that could corroborate the story emanating from the Capital, you discover something seriously wrong. The earth has the slightest tremor, noticeable only when the ear is placed against it - and even then, only by an experienced listener. A thundering, crashing cacophony of sound bleeding into the earth. You investigate further, and discover several more signs. The Red Star, one that only appears every month, has tripled in size. This has always preceded events of great bloodshed. Another - the animals seem to be preparing for a drought. Another - the wind has been blowing toward the Capital from the sea furiously. Another - several species of bird have been seen flying west en masse. Another - mercantile activity has steadily been decreasing. Another - the temperature has gotten far hotter than it should’ve, and it’s been far wetter than is normal. You’ve noticed dozens, potentially even hundreds of signs and cannot make heads or tails of it. Normally, you catch on to one sign and can make a prediction of what will happen from there. In this case, however, you’ve found too many signs to count. They could be foretelling anything, but all you know is something terrible is about to befall Estrella. In all likelihood, multiple catastrophic things. Your only concerns are whether the Dictator will believe you, and whether you’ll be able to figure out what will happen before it does.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:23:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2017, 06:57:26 am »

"Carlos, I am highly disinclined to believe it is. Bloodshed, sure. Drought, plausible. But an intangible and vague appropriation is something I cannot believe. Even if I did the information presented is useless, as it is far too vague to even act upon.

As for the rogue general. Moreno; I want Rodwitz's head on a pike. Ensure the wall is properly manned then use what units you can spare to bring the rogue general to defeat."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2017, 07:03:57 am »

EDIT: Herpaderp

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2017, 08:56:03 am »

With the lack of conversation, the Meeting Phase is wrapped up and it is now the

Action Phase

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2017, 11:56:28 am »

Action 1: Audit all the things
Action 2: Survey our conquered (?) territory
Action 3: Continue trying to get more information on the upcoming catastrophe(s)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:29:31 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]