Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15269 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2017, 02:44:01 pm »

"I must confess, I have not yet perused the report. Thank you Minister Miroslav for this information. If I may ask, do we have a list of merchants who deal in food and the like? Could we potentially lower their taxes if they agree to distribute their goods amongst the starving? This way, we don't actually have to announce another tax, as will as allowing the merchants a higher profit for later investment."

"As for you, Your Excellency, I suppose I cannot sway you from these policies. Regardless, I shall report any sedition that becomes apparent to me. That said, is there any one area I ought pay attention to? My network has mostly focused on domestic matters, especially in the North of late."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2017, 02:48:57 pm »

"Unrest over the Star-Reader prophecies from the old Imperial capital is a potential issue. I'll try to launch my own investigation into it soon to either confirm or deny these claims of apocalypse."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2017, 03:21:32 pm »

"The smugglers would most likely be needed to get the supplies there anyway, if it's a distribution problem. And if it's the landowners that are part of the problem they will be dealt with in the appropriate fashion in accordance to the constitution. And lowering the tax on the merchants would be pointless, since our tax is only on the landholders meaning the merchants don't pay anything at all. Might have to fix that but there you go.

As to what to focus on Camila, the elections; the senate needs to be voted in to ensure it's legitimacy of democracy, and I want the elections to be as fair as they possibly could be given the circumstances.

And the 'prophecy'? Just go around claiming it has already happened. What with the empire collapsing it wouldn't be hard for that to gain traction and should start culling the panic whilst giving people hope at the same time."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »

"I must confess, I have not yet perused the report. Thank you Minister Miroslav for this information. If I may ask, do we have a list of merchants who deal in food and the like? Could we potentially lower their taxes if they agree to distribute their goods amongst the starving? This way, we don't actually have to announce another tax, as will as allowing the merchants a higher profit for later investment."

"As for you, Your Excellency, I suppose I cannot sway you from these policies. Regardless, I shall report any sedition that becomes apparent to me. That said, is there any one area I ought pay attention to? My network has mostly focused on domestic matters, especially in the North of late."

"The Ministry of the Economy itself, which is separate for the Taxation Service, is understaffed and at the time we were running a large number of different reports.  As such, we were unable to get the names of specific companies.  Further, as our great Dictator mentioned, our taxes are mainly upon land, not the merchants."

"However, if we create a general deduction for charity work to taxes, we could get more than just the food companies.  Say, if they donate a sum equal to one-sixth of their taxes, without deductions, to a government accredited charity, then they can deduct 25% of their taxes, causing them to pay at a rate of 15% taxes rather than 20% taxes, while putting roughly 3.33% of taxes to charities.  We would set that to the maximum drop, of course, with the deduction scaling linearly.  We could even have this open to the common man, so they would pay into the charities as well.  While this would both require us to set up a department in one of the ministries to handle accrediting the charities, likely one close to the police so they can investigate fraud, as well as the creation of a governmental seal the charities would use to show they are accredited, this could go a bit to solving the problem without forcing us to have a major jump in expenditures running the organizations ourselves would cause."

"Though speaking of the north, I have a question for you, Minister Camila.  During the last meeting, I had mentioned to the Dictator that the blockade may have been caused by the West Administration, due to us having apparently declared war on them when Lord Warr took territory from them not too long ago and had not sent any diplomats to them.  Do you have any information on whether this theory may be true?  All I am certain of on the topic is the blockade seems focused on the northern cities that only the West Administration borders, Lord Warr had taken territory from them, and we have not had any diplomatic contact with them."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2017, 03:42:28 pm »

"None as of yet. I may have to open an investigation into this..."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2017, 04:00:12 pm »

"I would vehemently oppose any sort of deductions to the tax rate under any circumstance. The remainder of the charity thing is something that I am conflicted on however, while it does seems like a good idea I can't help but feel it could lead to bigger issues later on."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2017, 03:06:10 pm »

((Doublepost, but perhaps time to move to the actions phase?))

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2017, 01:48:43 am »

Alright, it is now the...
Actions Phase

(( Taricus, do keep in mind you have the power to end the Discussion Phase at any point. I don't like jumping in because I don't always know if you have anymore to say. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2017, 03:19:41 am »

Action 1: Have the People's Bureaucracy carry out and oversee the election of new senators, possibly being supported by other government organizations.
Action 2: Carry out Star-Reading to investigate the rumours from the defunct Imperial Capital.

Free Action: Increase upkeep and wages of the People's Bureaucracy to 0.3 and 0.7 wealth per year respectively.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:37:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2017, 03:47:03 am »

Action 1 (Famine Relief): Spend 4 wealth buying up food and distributing it to the famine-plagued areas.
Action 2 (The boot comes down!): Commanding the Stormguard, the Dictator aggressively pursues the tax-evading landowners. The landowners are given an ultimatum: Pay double taxes for the year to spare their families, triple taxes to preserve themselves as well as their families, or be utterly annihilated and their estate taken by the state to be redistributed later.

Free action 1: Dispense 4 wealth from personal finances to the ministry of the interior to outfit the police forces.
Free action 2: Dismiss Lord Warr from his post as minister of defence and appoint a qualified individual to the post.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:53:20 am by Taricus »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2017, 02:34:44 pm »

Action 1 (Rally the People!): Campaign aggressively in Crevari, and the nearby area. Hold rallies and give speeches, focus on inciting and inspiring the lower-classes.
Action 2 (Work Within): Find other, similarly populist Senators, and attempt to convince them to factionalize. Hopefully, we can gather a few votes together and work for the Common Good.
Action 3 (Fundraise): While campaigning, pass the hat around. Encourage anyone with a little money to spare, like small businessmen, to pitch in. This money will pay for any minor campaigning costs, and anything extra will be saved for future use.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2017, 06:29:17 pm »

Action 2: Have the bureaucracy do an audit and survey of the Federal Budget and the Ministry of the Economy so we we have actual information on what's going on here.

(I've already listed how much the Ministry of the Economy and Taxation Service cost in my first post this turn here.  Specifically, the <.5 wealth>.  That's not the Taxation Service only, that is the combined expenses of both of the organizations.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »

Canceling action

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2017, 07:23:47 pm »

Canceling action

(We do still need the budget to be fully audited, so you may want to keep that part in.)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2017, 02:56:05 pm »

Action 1: Use the wealth budgeted to the Ministry of Civil Service to begin construction of courthouses in each city, as well as the expansion of the clinical system, with priority going to finishing the courts first.
Action 2: Conduct a survey of the judicial system to find any issues or major problems within it.
Action 3: Conduct a survey of the healthcare system to find any issues or major problems within it.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17