Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Birth of the Bureaucracy (6/∞), Turn 6  (Read 15284 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (0/∞)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:43 am »

Actually, i would have used 26, I wouldn't have 26 left to spend, or am I misunderstanding this, and it gives us more points?
Negatory, that was a typo. Meant to say you've used 26 points, have 4 left.
Ah, K. Sheet Finished Now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:35:58 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 06:36:23 am »

What does the race bit mean in the info part of the sheet, do we have the ability to be non-human in that regard or...?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:01:03 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 06:42:45 am »

What does the race bit mean in the info part of the sheet, do we have the ability to be non-human in that regard or...?

Everyone is human, but say you wanted to be of a foreign culture you could specify a different race. For example, you or your ancestors may originate from another region of the Empire, or another country altogether.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 09:48:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:55:03 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 05:05:51 pm »

Alright, try to finish up sheets in the next day or two. First turn will be starting soon. New sheets will be welcome at any point during the RP, there's no limit to joining.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 10:23:58 pm »

Ooo.

Hmm.

Let me think...

Is there an economic minister yet?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 09:01:56 am »

Nope, not as far as I can tell.

Anyway, finished my sheet.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

The Ministerial positions players will be filling hasn't been decided yet, but there is still one more slot open. The four set will be Civil Service, the Economy, Interior, and Exterior; but the number of positions and the positions themselves can be changed throughout the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:26:55 pm by DontBanTheMan »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 05:07:07 am »

Turn 1.0 (Meeting Phase)

Spoiler: Current Nation Map (click to show/hide)

In the six hundred thirty seventh year of the Jakken Calendar (named so after a prominent Emperor in the empire's early days), the Orvendian Empire collapses as a result of internal strife and pressure from surrounding nations. Facing civil unrest and bankruptcy, the Magistrates turned on the Emperor and, in their attempts to grab at power, spelled the empire's doom. Though a few managed to maintain power, your own regional magistrate was reduced to a figurehead in the north. Seizing the opportunity, a region-wide revolution took place, with your own little rebellion being led by Alavar Taisenel, a lower-class citizen whose own quick actions united the upper and lower classes behind him. Aided by the advice of the Royal Academy's astronomers, the new dictator found himself being lifted into power with the assistance of one of the old Magistrate's most influential star-readers, Carlos. Carlos' influence among the administration allowed him to sway many of the Regional Generals to his side, giving the new government nearly full control over the local military. Among them is the powerful Lord (Warr) Warrickalneus, who commands a full six units of well-equipped and well-trained Imperial soldiers.

The rebellion hasn't been easy, and the nation is far from united. However, a rather unsavory woman by the name of Camila has risen to prominence among her peers, directing many of the counter-insurgency operations and near single-handedly quelling unrest within the Capital. With little choice but to take her assistance, she's been given a prominent place within government.

At current, the standing government is as such:
Dictator: Alavar Taisenel (Taricus)
Adviser: Carlos (Demonic Spoon)
Ministers: Kanami Awerick (flazeo25), Lord Warrickalneus (TankKit), Camila (micelus), [Open Vacancy].
Senate: Three-hundred forty two prominent politicians, bureaucrats, generals, and businessmen (note: any players without sheets may speak and vote as a senator).

The most important items on the agenda are:
- [OOC] Decide the time period.

- Name the nation.

- The gathering of data. Until this is performed, very little information will be available to the government regarding the current state of the country.

- The looting and distribution of Imperial assets among the various government branches.

- The drawing of provincial lines for assignment. Each province will be an "asset" that must be managed by the Dictator/Adviser, a Minister, or a Senator. Provinces that are too large will be unmanageable, while too many small provinces will be too hard to govern efficiently. The recommended pop. units for each province is between 10 and 20. Cities can be assigned to provinces or be independent assets.

- The assignment and/or re-thinking of Ministries. Currently there are the Ministries of Civil Service (Education, Healthcare, Law, Religion), Economy (Infrastructure, Agriculture, Domestic Trade, Industry, Banking, Unions), Interior (Police, Corruption, Intelligence Services), and Exterior (Diplomacy, International Trade, Military, Foreign Intelligence). Ministries can be removed/added altogether, or can be tweaked (ex: giving Civil Service the authority over Unions). Restructuring requires that the Dictator use an action for each major change (adding one ministry, removing one ministry = two actions) and one for multiple minor changes (Police to Civil Service, Religion to Interior = one action). Each Minister should be assigned a Ministry, and a fourth Minister should be added (can be NPC).

- The establishment of a simple constitution.

- The settlement of unrest, and organization of the military.

Current Government Assets, Units, Subordinates:
Imperial Gen. Warr, 5 Imperial Units + 1 Riverguard Unit [currently in capital]
Imperial Gen. Rodwitz, 4 Imperial Units [currently in north]
Imperial Gen. Narváez, 3 Imperial Units [currently in southeast]
Imperial Gen. Rosales, 3 Imperial Units [currently in west]
Imperial Gen. Moreno, 2 Riverguard Units [currently in capital]
10 Revolutionary Units (directly controlled) [scattered; mostly in urban areas]
Capital City (to be named; historically named Crevari)
5 Other Cities

GM Notes/Notes to Players:
Let me know f you have any questions regarding anything that was stated. Every sheet except for flazeo25's adds up, but he can put the finishing touches on it while we begin the game. All new sheets will be available at any time going into the future, to be added to the pool of prominent citizens that the Senate represents. Characters will be given their own section when necessary; as of yet there is little need for me to list what assets people have (since most have only one thing or next to nothing). This'll probably change very soon. Characters can thus begin the meeting phase; the action phase will begin when conversation dies down OR the dictator declares an end to the meeting phase, whichever comes first. The meeting phase is a mixture of one-on-one conversation, government discussion (ministers, dictator, advisor, key senators* [by invite]), and senatorial discussion (all 300+ members of the senate, and the government leaders).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:50:47 am by DontBanTheMan »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of the Bureaucracy (5/∞)
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 06:10:15 am »

Lord Warr(red) and Sir Lootington(orange) enter the room. "Greetings." "Greetings."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 11:02:30 pm »

Government discussion:
A quiet man in impeccable attire enters the government conference room and begins passing around some files to his fellow interim leaders. (Grey)

Proposals for Consideration:

- [OOC] Classical antiquity
- Nation Name: Estrella
- Capital Name: Crevari
(Keep the original name)

- Data-Gathering: The M. Civic Service is to immediately carry out a national census, to be repeated every decade. In addition the M. Interior must audit all current government assets and do a survey for any assets of the previous imperial government that may have been missed. The audit should also be repeated every decade in an effort to fight corruption. The M. Civil Service or M. Economy is to survey existing imperial infrastructure.

Spoiler: Imperial Assets (click to show/hide)
- Allocation of Imperial Assets:
Six City Halls: To be used for the administration of each province, the chief court of law of each province and a forum where the public can air their opinions and debate.
Provincial Capital Building Crevari: Use as the main seat of our Nation's government.
Royalist Population: Leave alone.
Forts: The lion's share, and possibly all, are to be given to the military, and thus the M. Defence, on the condition that they co-operate with the M. Interior to fully survey and put together a report on the forts. Depending on the information in the final reports (appropriate location, sufficient forts), possibly reserve a fort in each province for use as local headquarters by the police forces.
Previous Government Property: All property of the previous government we don't already possess is to be seized. Art will be either placed in public museums, or used to decorate rooms that will be used for foreign diplomacy or audiences with the Dictator, or placed into storage to be used to decorate future embassies. This is to give our new-formed government a image of sophistication and refinement, vital for recognition by our neighbours.

The furniture and rugs will be used for similar purposes bar the museums, and also to furnish various government facilities, government officies and the forum of the senate as required. All the silk is to be sold. Business properties are to be retained to help support the finances of the government, residential properties are to be either used as group dormitories for government officials, converted to other purposes like being used as public libraries or for archiving government records, or finally, rented out to the citizenry at reasonable rates, once again to support the finances of the government.

Any properties not falling under the above provisions is to be handled on a case by case basis.

- National Budget
Actual distribution of the income from the properties and the sale of the silk among the ministries and provinces should be decided by the Dictator, along with the rest of the national budget, including income from taxes etc, with the caveat that if the Dictator has been found to be abusing this authority (determined by the senate), he will automatically be stripped of his position. The Dictator will have a reasonable salary, decided upon by the senate.

- Province Map: Something like this? We don't actually know the population distribution so hard to tell what size province is too big or too small. I tried to give each of the provinces one of the cities to act as a provincial capital.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Ministry Restructuring: Transfer responsibility for infrastructure to the Civil Service and Unions/Guilds to the Interior. Form a new Ministry of Defence, responsible for the Military, Navy and the construction of new fortifications.
- Suggested Ministry positions:
Civil Service: Kanami Awerick
Economy: NPC (paging @TheBiggerFish)
Interior: NPC
Exterior: Camila
Defence: Lord Warrickalneus

- Constitution: Inalienable rights of our citizens to not get taxed into oblivion or executed without due cause and the right to vote for senators to represent them in the senate. Upon the death, abdication or stripping of office of the current dictator, a new dictator will be voted into office by the senate, through a first past the post system. In the event the senate is unsatisfied with the current dictator, he can be removed from office through majority vote of at least 60%. Star-Readers may not be persecuted for witchcraft. >_>

- Unrest and Military organization: I'll leave this to the Ministers and the Dictator to discuss, though I will note building our own navy is of relatively high priority.

- Diplomacy: The M. Exterior is to send ambassadors to establish relations with the Suderland Republics, esp. our immediate western neighbour. At the very least establishment of trade relations should be beneficial to our economy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:14:30 am by Demonic Spoon »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 12:08:36 am »

A government bureaucrat tells you that the nation is currently made up of around 70-80 pop. units, so the makeshift provincial borders will probably do for now. A census will need to be done, but what is known is that the south is much more densely populated than the north, and the majority of people have clustered around routes between the major cities (rivers > coasts > roads).

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:31 am »

A government bureaucrat tells you that the nation is currently made up of around 70-80 pop. units, so the makeshift provincial borders will probably do for now. A census will need to be done, but what is known is that the south is much more densely populated than the north, and the majority of people have clustered around routes between the major cities (rivers > coasts > roads).
- The looting and distribution of Imperial assets among the various government branches.
What imperial assets are on hand to loot/distribute?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 12:36:37 am »

"Unfortunately the Magistrate's Palace was farther north, so many of the finest Imperial loot is outside our borders. However, we still have control of six city halls (one for each city), a Provincial Capital Building (located in Crevari), approximately 3 POP (1 in the Capital) that are known Royalists (and thus could be seized and exiled if desired), and several forts (unsurveyed, most currently in use by the Imp. Generals). There are an estimated hundred Gold Orvens worth of art, furniture, silks, rugs, and property that was owned by the previous government that can be seized and/or sold, and another several hundred owned by the Royalist citizenry (a Gold Orven is worth a good deal, enough for one to live out his days in comfort; ten would be enough to equip a Unit pretty well). There are also several administrative and military buildings under our control, but these are taken into account with the Cities (barracks, temples, schools and the like)."

"We'll need to conduct surveys of the infrastructure the Empire had in place before it collapsed, so that we can better ascertain what needs to be managed and by who."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 12:40:38 am »

Is the Royalist population a credible threat with the empire as fractured as it is?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17