Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission Two - War on the horizon 5/7 players  (Read 5394 times)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kindred: Mission Two - War on the horizon 5/7 players
« on: January 14, 2017, 05:35:30 pm »

Executor thread to be found here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161834.0

It has been twenty years since the fledglings have been embraced. Most have adapted well, through immersing themselves in madness, working to become a functioning member of Kindred society or by earning the favour of those higher up the proverbial (or literal) food chain. The neonates are not well in control of their vampiric hunger for blood. At this stage all have remained in Cardiff, be it because of the prince’s favour or because they have learned other domains are often less tolerant of the young. Each has etched a small place for themselves in Cardiff, the other vampires coming to know them well, though some of the aniclla still look upon them with mild disgust, it is more as though they are a misbehaved child than the worms they used to feel like.

The domain itself has made little progress in saving its northern borders, the northern prince making slow but steady progress in taking territory. North Wales is expanding. In addition, their prince, Mary, a Toreador with a fine love of classical music has been doing an exceptional work at driving out the Sabbat who roam through her lands wreaking havoc. Instead, they are also being driven down into South Wales. Her domain’s leadership takes up residence mostly within Caenarfon Castle. Though her domain is lesser in number, her warriors are old, experienced and reliable. Her leadership has kept them in good stead and steady progress is being made.

Meanwhile in South Wales under the leadership of Prince Malachi, the domain is feeling the impact of the reducing territory. There is tension amongst the soldiers, Sabbat raids are becoming more common, neonates defending the territory are spread thinner by trying to fight the wild Sabbat packs that roam the countryside. The prince’s temper is growing shorter by the night. The Gangrel of the domain have mostly left now, living as independents outside the prince’s rule, as neither friend nor foe. Confidence in the ruling Malkavian is dropping quickly.

There have been two new batches of neonates in the time that the party has been alive. Each has netted only 3-4 survivors, half of them Brujah being trained for the front line. They believe they will be ready. They believe they will be good soldiers, that they will be a match for the ancient vampires who rule the frontline. They have been told that they are being taught in a way that they will become stronger. Numbers will win, they are told. Overwhelm them.

The prince has become more reclusive lately, and now all of you have been called to his throne room. The summons comes hours before sunset, most of you are woken by the messenger from your daytime sleep. It is the frantic little Nosfaratu most vampires refer to as Rat-face, and he is panicking that you must come see the Prince. He visits you all, one by one.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:17:00 am by Sialia »

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission Two - War on the horizon
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:36:16 pm »

CHARACTERS

As the GM I will at times be intervening as the party's handler, Mirella.

Mirella will only intervene if I require her to do so for some reason. For the most part she will remain uninvolved.

Spoiler: Mirella (click to show/hide)

Current Player Characters

Spoiler: Nikolai Kakashosnof (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ash Alpine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John "Wesson" Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arete Zolotas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:18:21 pm by Sialia »

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:38:35 pm »

And open. You may now post.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:46:14 pm by Sialia »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 05:58:03 pm »

((Nothing to post yet, just posting for notifications))

Nikolai is awoken from his sleep by a frantic knock at the door. He grumpily gets up and yells "Если вы не либо красивая женщина, или коммунистическая кукла кровь, я тебя убью.", only half joking. He picks up the pistol from his bedside table, just in case.

After Rat-face delivers his message and scurries off, Nikolai gets dressed in his finest suit as quickly as possible. He would only appear in front of the Prince looking his best, even if he had been sound asleep just a few minutes ago.

He then goes to meet with the Prince, after concealing his pistol and knife within his suit. Can't hurt to be careful.

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:13:08 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »

Cesar is awoken from his trance-like state by the screeches of the Nosferatu, Rat-Face.
"Shh, Rat-Face. If you keep yelling like that, you'll wake the people in the walls.. I'll be there soon." Cesar grinned at Rat-Face childishly.

Cesar pulled Spoonicus out of his pocket and wiped his face a bit with part of his shirt. "Got the sleep out of your eyes?" He inquired to his Count. Why, yes. Thank you, Sir Cesar.

Cesar checks himself over, making sure his possessions are all on him and his bullet-proof vest is secure under his baggy, backwards t-shirt. He considers straightening his shirt and turning it the 'right way', but only for a moment.

As described, Cesar collects his things and goes to meet with the Prince.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 03:18:20 am »

Startled awake, Smith pulls himself up from the dusty mattress that he uses as his bed. Putting on his duster he takes care to conceal his revolver like always and shoulders his rifle. As rat face sprints away. Smith waits for a moment, and then activates celerity and takes off sprinting for Serge.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 06:09:54 pm »

Ash opens the door to see Rat-face and listens to his message.

"Okay, cool. I'll be down in a moment."

She grabs her backpack with most of her weapons and the bandages in it, straps her greatsword to her back, tosses her first aid kit in, and walks to the throne room.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 07:37:14 pm »

((Nothing to post yet, just posting for notifications))

Nikolai is awoken from his sleep by a frantic knock at the door. He grumpily gets up and yells "Если вы не либо красивая женщина, или коммунистическая кукла кровь, я тебя убью.", only half joking. He picks up the pistol from his bedside table, just in case.

After Rat-face delivers his message and scurries off, Nikolai gets dressed in his finest suit as quickly as possible. He would only appear in front of the Prince looking his best, even if he had been sound asleep just a few minutes ago.

He then goes to meet with the Prince, after concealing his pistol and knife within his suit. Can't hurt to be careful.

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

Mikolai opens the door to find a frantic Rat-face.

‘Come! Please come! The prince needs to see you! The prince!’

Rat-face is on the verge of hyperventilating. Nikolai considers it ironic given the fact Vampires don’t really NEED to breathe. Rat-face pleads once more.

‘Oh, you must go see him, you must!’

Barring any further questions Rat-face will scurry off to find the others.

Cesar is awoken from his trance-like state by the screeches of the Nosferatu, Rat-Face.
"Shh, Rat-Face. If you keep yelling like that, you'll wake the people in the walls.. I'll be there soon." Cesar grinned at Rat-Face childishly.

Cesar pulled Spoonicus out of his pocket and wiped his face a bit with part of his shirt. "Got the sleep out of your eyes?" He inquired to his Count. Why, yes. Thank you, Sir Cesar.

Cesar checks himself over, making sure his possessions are all on him and his bullet-proof vest is secure under his baggy, backwards t-shirt. He considers straightening his shirt and turning it the 'right way', but only for a moment.

As described, Cesar collects his things and goes to meet with the Prince.

Cesar knows the halls very well now, having patrolled them for Count Spoonicus more times than he can count or remember. It is not an oddity to Cesar that he is being called, after all, which prince would not want to speak to a count and his knight at least every once in a while. Cesar is loyal, brave and true. An example to all within the count’s lands, and the longest serving knight of the realm of Dining Hall.

He sets out to meet with the prince. Upon arrival the large Brujah blocking the door to the throne room asks him to wait for others to arrive. As a lucid thought within Cesar’s scattered mind he acknowledges the brujah is Joe, one of Smith’s training buddies. The large, solid specimen of vampire is an ancilla, and one of those embittered by the experience of being pulled from the frontline. The prince even disallows them from working to control the random Sabbat attacks that have become so prevalent.

((See also Ash’s section))

Startled awake, Smith pulls himself up from the dusty mattress that he uses as his bed. Putting on his duster he takes care to conceal his revolver like always and shoulders his rifle. As rat face sprints away. Smith waits for a moment, and then activates celerity and takes off sprinting for Serge.

Smith does not take long to find Serge. Upon his arrival Serge is obviously concerned.

‘You can’t stay here, not when the prince has a summons on you. I think it’s likely he will be sending you to war, but… If he isn’t then you will bring a bounty on your head for nothing.’

Serge continues to think for a moment.

‘Tell you what, you go speak to him. You find out what he wants. If he tells you to prepare to ship out, I will prepare to go AWOL. You have to do as he says or he’ll blood hunt you, but I am not letting you alone out there. I will protect you.’

Serge and Smith have grown very close over the course of twenty years. Their relationship falls somewhere between best friends and father-son. Smith has no doubt in his mind Serge means what he is saying. Serge may be punished for leaving his post, but it isn’t disobeying a direct order. There will be no blood hunt, and even if there was, Serge may be able to live through it and escape to another country, perhaps. For Smith, it’s a death sentence.

Ash opens the door to see Rat-face and listens to his message.

"Okay, cool. I'll be down in a moment."

She grabs her backpack with most of her weapons and the bandages in it, straps her greatsword to her back, tosses her first aid kit in, and walks to the throne room.

Panting, Rat-face then runs off. His frantic, terrified mind is a constant source of amusement but he does not set the norm for Nosferatu amongst the Kindred of South Wales. Rather, most of them do not live within the Exchange, choosing instead to inhabit the sewers of Cardiff, surrounded by their rats, bats and cockroaches. Storm-water drains are filled with the Nosferatu, who seem to overall respect the prince less with each passing day. By that token, Rat-face’s blind devotion is an abnormality.

The gear all strapped on feels very heavy. Ash, having a little more strength than the average neonate can carry it all, but the greatsword particularly feels cumbersome at times. Even so, she realises the need, having grown accustomed to her headmates.

Ash soon joins Cesar waiting by the door to be let in to see the prince.

((Ash, Cesar, tell me a bit about your interactions over the 20 years. What do you think of each other? How do you interact as the only two surviving Malks of Mirella’s brood? Talk to each other.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 07:44:45 pm »

Nikolai hurries to meet the Prince, and makes his best attempt to rub the sleep out of his eyes.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 08:28:55 pm »

((Hmm... Well,
Vampire Ash saw Cesar as odd due to his interactions with an inanimate object, although she doesn't know if Count Spoonicus is a real being or not.
Reckless Ash barely noticed Cesar.
Careful Ash expressed interest in Cesar's interaction with Spoonicus, attempting to learn what more Cesar knows than any other Malk could because of his derangement.
Lyssha avoided Cesar.))

"Cesar, isn't it? Any thoughts on why we got called to the Prince's throne?"

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 09:34:24 pm »

((Cesar grew somewhat fond of most of his fellow Kindred over the 20 years. He respects Mirella and Ash the most, in that order- Mirella is his sire who gave him his power over his madness, so he is appreciative of that. As for Ash, he feels an inherent connection with because they are both Malkavian and share a sire- he sees her as a sister.))

Cesar turns to face Ash as she finishes speaking. "Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Ash! Yaaaaaay!" Cesar does a 'golf clap'. "Wait.. Why am I clapping? Oh. Hello, brood sister. Cesar it is, salad I am not. As for the Prince's reasons to summon us.. No idea. But it must be important!"
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 11:57:09 pm »

Smith nod's Got it hoss. and don't worry, I'll be careful around the prince as always.

Smiths says goodbye to Serge and activates celerity again sprinting off to the Princes antechamber. but slows his pace to walking speed just outside of the antechamber. calmelly walking into the room near where Joe is.
Heya Joe, say, since Rat face just woke me up, babbled something about the prince, and then scampered off leaving me a little, you ah got any idea what we're here for
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:19 pm »

Smith nod's Got it hoss. and don't worry, I'll be careful around the prince as always.

Smiths says goodbye to Serge and activates celerity again sprinting off to the Princes antechamber. but slows his pace to walking speed just outside of the antechamber. calmelly walking into the room near where Joe is.
Heya Joe, say, since Rat face just woke me up, babbled something about the prince, and then scampered off leaving me a little, you ah got any idea what we're here for

‘You’re gonna find out.’ Joe grins. He clearly knows what is happening and is quite ecstatic about it. That’s a bad sign, Joe would be most excited about being shipped out to the front line. Smith’s worries grow, as this is becoming more and more likely.

Nikolai hurries to meet the Prince, and makes his best attempt to rub the sleep out of his eyes.
Nikolai drags himself in to that waiting room. He notices everyone else already there, as Smith’s celerity has returned him from his conversation with Serge before Nikolai had time to reach the room.

Cesar turns to face Ash as she finishes speaking. "Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Ash! Yaaaaaay!" Cesar does a 'golf clap'. "Wait.. Why am I clapping? Oh. Hello, brood sister. Cesar it is, salad I am not. As for the Prince's reasons to summon us.. No idea. But it must be important!"

‘Of course it’s important.’ Joe is excitable in that he is extrovertedly speaking to people from other clans, usually he keeps well enough to himself. ‘Anyway, now that you’re all here.’ Joe steps aside, letting the neonates through. He then follows behind.

Once inside the neonates see that they are not the only ones called. The two younger batches of neonates are both there, totalling at 7 other neonates younger than the party, but other older neonates from various broods are also scattered about. The prince sits, overlooking the young vampires, all so eager and excited to be called here. Many have been expecting this for a while, and every one of them is revelling in the attention of the prince.

The prince stands, striding forward toward the neonates.

‘You have long known you are the future of this domain. You have been but children, however now you are the kindred of my domain. You may have heard the rumours that we are losing ground. You may have heard the unfaithful to me state that we are not what we used to be. Rest assured they spread only dissent and lies.’

The prince now walks amongst the neonates, looking up and down each one. In spite his kind words he looks critical of the neonates in his cold stare.

‘We are as strong as we have ever been, and now, I want to send you, our strongest and brightest young warriors to send a message. You shall all move to attack into enemy territory, basing yourselves rom Aberystwyth.’ The prince does not look Welsh, or speak with a Welsh accent, however, he speaks the name without hesitation and with the surety of someone who has great experience speaking a language that omits 90% of vowels. ‘Only once there will you receive marching orders, I will not have their Malkavians read any more from your minds. You are soldiers of my realm now. You will bring greatness to my name and to my domain. Your future is bright, you shall be heroes of South Wales.’

The prince commands as though it’s second nature. One must wonder how long he has been in power, whether he always had this commanding a presence.

‘Once you come back victorious, each of you will earn land and a hunting ground to call your own domain within my lands. Of course, you will still answer to my command.’

The prince looks each neonate in the eye as he speaks, looking around.

‘Two of my older soldiers are being taken off the frontline, but first they will lead you out to Aberystwyth. Please proceed to organise yourselves to leave come dusk.’

With that, the prince turns his back to the neonates and begins striding back to the throne.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission Two - War on the horizon 5/7 players
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 07:17:16 pm »

"Of course, мой принц. I will make haste in my preparations."

Nikolai clicks his heels together and bows deeply to the Prince. He then turns on his heel and marches out of the throne room. On the way back to his room, he contacts Mirella and tells her what he has been ordered.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission Two - War on the horizon 5/7 players
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 07:45:38 pm »

"I have a few things to buy. Oh, and something from my room. The armory is closer though..."

Walk to the Armory and purchase the following for $4,020:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Afterwards, if I have time, grab my other sets of clothing from my room.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4