Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 41838 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:16 pm »

Yet again, brave Illithid citizen-warriors take the field only to find themselves faced with Atlantean slaves. Do thanes of Kathan have no honor, that they will not fight their own wars?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 20, 2017, 09:13:18 pm »

They suffer from a poor education system, and a lack of good role models for their children. Some quality time with a couple of companies of patriotic vanara volunteers should show them the value of the former while straight-up providing the latter.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:10 pm »

Honestly, it's more that they're better armored then their 'masters'. I'd much rather field a bunch of guys wearing plate (even if they're 2 less strength), then a bunch of guys wearing scale (at +1 morale).

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 21, 2017, 01:32:06 pm »

Thanks for the extension.
Looks like I wasn't the only one needing it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2017, 02:25:35 pm »

Looks that way, yes.
So, USEC, Rexmundi, kingkev and our gracious host, Albright, might want to make sure they sent in their turns (it sometimes happens that they don't process)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 21, 2017, 05:40:51 pm »

Yeah thats why I pm people all the time over in 25, happens so easily - really wish lammaserver would allow to set 2-3 reminders, like [Yes, Mail me with I'm the last one that didn't submit a turn]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 21, 2017, 09:12:18 pm »

Good news and bad news: it looks like I might be away from internet for an extended time starting next week. I will keep you updated, but I'll probably have to go AI this weekend.
This is excellent news for Kathan. Bad news for any allies I leave behind. And mildly nice news for everyone else, since less players should mean faster average turn length.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2017, 09:30:35 pm »

Perhaps better to find a sub? As far as I can tell, you seem to be in a strong position overall.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2017, 10:45:39 pm »

Perhaps better to find a sub? As far as I can tell, you seem to be in a strong position overall.
D'oh! I keep forgetting there are other people interested in this game.  :P
Can we update the OP?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (looking for sub)
« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2017, 03:01:57 pm »

I can sub in!
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2017, 04:01:31 pm »

'Kay, get the map and mods from the first page, mess around a bit to figure out the abomination you're inheriting (K'narwa), consult with a1s if you so wish, and PM me an email addy. a1s, lemme know when you're ready to hand off; I'd recommend next turn at the earliest, but as you please.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (sub found)
« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:47 am »

Could I get a 12h extension again? Sorry, forgot to send my turn yesterday :(

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2017, 03:16:51 am »

a1s, lemme know when you're ready to hand off; I'd recommend next turn at the earliest, but as you please.
Now, I guess. That way I can answer some questions if they arise.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2017, 10:50:28 am »

Eww. So we had A LOT of stales, but we have enough wars in progress that rolling back is probably bad. If the hosting deadline had fallen at a different time of day, I probably would have seen the stales coming and pushed it back, but I was, well, asleep. [As I've mentioned before, knowingly waiting to submit my turn until really close to the deadline is a bad admin habit, but this is essentially the sort of thing that encourages me to do it...]

Do we want to just go ahead and make hosting intervals 48h?

Also, DFNewb swapped in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:55:04 am by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2017, 11:33:24 am »

All you need to know is that RexMundi can't be trusted ; )

48 h seems fine

E: I'm kinda happy all my (former) provinces are wastelands with death 3 and disease spreading sites, may your armys continue to rot as they hide.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:30:30 am by ThtblovesDF »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36