Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 41824 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #285 on: March 13, 2017, 08:25:35 am »

I figured to ask for one anyway, since well, I had to attend an all day exausting event and I might have needed some more hours in case I just got roped into something soon as I woke up. I didin't and so I was able to get things done on time at least.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 13, 2017, 12:43:22 pm »

For my part, I tend to routinely engage in some very bad habits when setting delays as admin - they can probably be summed up as "liking round numbers" and "not finalizing my own turn when others ask for extensions so I 'have some skin in the game' and am motivated to keep an eye on things". On the plus (or possibly "plus") side, another bad habit I have is feeling extra motivated to do semi-related things when there's something I arguably should be doing, which last night meant pale one nations got ancient olmspawn added, olm got implemented as a stand-alone secondary-only race, and I got far less sleep than I should have...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:57:23 pm by E. Albright »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »

Hm... I have an interesting bug (probably not with nationGen) one of my commanders (Takultu, 8th from the top) is in the hall of fame but he hasn't got a heroic ability (red star thing.) Has this happened to anyone else? Ever?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2017, 06:37:53 pm »

If you're willing to give out that info... what's the unit chassis (you can hit ctrl-i in the unit description window if you don't know the monster id off the top of your head)? There's a specific command to exclude commanders from the HoF entirely, but I wanna say it hasn't been since Dom3 that you could have units in the HoF w/o getting an ability...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2017, 06:46:48 pm »

I will PM it to you for bug-fixing.

And I would like to take this opportunity again, to stress how awesome it is to do 2 turns in a row, when you are the last person. It's better than crack, they say [citation needed][who?].
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:18:02 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2017, 08:10:18 pm »

Okay, yes, that's a Dominions thing. I'll PM you specifics.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2017, 01:05:04 am »

Empty, are you looking for an enemy?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2017, 01:52:31 am »

Not really.
I just want every province around my capitol without having to pay money every turn for it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2017, 09:10:59 am »

Never rains but it pours  ::)

If you could... I dunno... fight each other, so that I don't have to deal with you all separately, that'd be great!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2017, 12:34:29 pm »

Never rains but it pours  ::)

If you could... I dunno... fight each other, so that I don't have to deal with you all separately, that'd be great!
Stop taking my provinces, then well talk.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »

Um, those are MY provinces that I'm re-taking, sir. I fully remember building that castle before you started flying your flag over it.

Edit: I can't believe that I'd even have to say that. Seriously, the gall of someone who stepped all over words of friendship to stab me while my back was turned dares to claim that I'm the aggressor here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:27:59 pm by AlStar »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2017, 04:21:07 pm »

Seriously, the gall of someone who stepped all over words of friendship to stab me while my back was turned dares to claim that I'm the aggressor here.
You have literally, not said a word to me before that quip about how my army was too small. Not mention before trying to take provinces so close to my capital.  ???
So, as much as it pains me (which is not at all), you can go drown in a blood lake.  :P

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2017, 04:32:54 pm »

I honestly have no idea where your capital even is - I was just trying to take a bunch of water provinces while they were still under indy control. I certainly hadn't made any further moves aboveground since I took those two provinces.

Not that it matters, we'll get rid of your hordes soon enough.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »

So, as much as it pains me (which is not at all), you can go drown in a blood lake.  :P

For someone who was critiquing trash talk upthread, I must say you disappoint me. Can't we at least have a little more personalized flair? Is it too much to ask, fer'instance, that instead of generic blood lakes you swear to drown them in a lake of monkey blood?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2017, 06:20:40 pm »

That was a humorous callback to this bit:
enemies of the Illithids will drown in blood. And burnt grey matter!  Also, maybe, lakes...

How about "we'll beat you so bad they will call you Dark Blue Ones"?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or "We'll go Illincoln on you ass!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And of course "yo' momma's so fat, she has Unequaled Obesity" (I know it's very general, but I love it  :P)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:29:24 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36