Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 41820 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2017, 01:18:07 pm »

...that's a very odd claim to make. "On turn 21 I control 25 or so provinces (with maybe a paltry quarter of that being wasteland), am aggressively expanding, and the longer I hold those provinces the more all of them are going to rot because I took toxic 'I must blitz everyone' scales... but there's TOTALLY no reason to want to attack me..."

Somehow I think the self-proclaimed August Master doth protest well more than a little too much...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2017, 01:23:02 pm »

Fine, I'm not at war with anyone but you, nor do want to - and only you since you attacked other nations very early and that made you what you think I am - big.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiight. At my peak, I had less than you did before you blitzed me this past turn - and I had a similar proportion of the wastes you so loudly lamented. Your efforts to downplay your large size and aggressive expansion is currently entirely hinging on you portraying yourself as a decent little guy whose backstabbing is really standing up to a despicable big bully and not just gross opportunism. ... I fear to say you really, truly do protest too much, and anyone with any scouts in the region (or who's been on the receiving end of your "diplomacy") isn't going to buy that.

You're quite plainly the aggressor here, and you're trying quite hard to distract everyone with your tiny fig leaf in order to trick them into forgetting that you hold noticeably more territory and thrones than anyone else. To say nothing of how you've snaked your territory through your neighbors' borders so them "being at peace with you" is just another way of saying you're strangling them while you go from "big but exposed" to "huge with an enclosed homeland" before casually swatting them.

So yeah, no: when a 20-ish-province nation grabs 5 provinces from a 15-ish-province nation in one turn, it actually isn't a not-big nation attacking a big nation. Neither math nor geopolitics work like that...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:59:48 pm by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2017, 05:33:12 pm »

You used your gold to buy mercs and attack Teleboda - and didn't invest into PD as far as I can tell - why not exploit your aggression?

You are not losing this war, you didn't even fight it yet. You can ask others to fight it for you after we had a actual army-army fight.

All the thread Propaganda makes me think I hit at just the right time.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2017, 09:31:44 pm »

Oh, if only you knew. There's more than a little sardonic humor in knowing the other side of the things you've been self-servingly speculating about...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2017, 11:21:46 am »

That's not very good trash talk.  :-\

So I would like to declare that enemies of the Illithids will drown in blood. And burnt grey matter!  Also, maybe, lakes...  :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:55 pm »

Crocodile tears more then trash talk, Albright is doing fine.

However, very fitting for a glamour nation.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2017, 09:42:17 pm »

The person who saw my armies in Teleboda vanish as they started taking back their territory, and immediately started preening self-righteously about Ukuian nobility and nonthreatening character while keeping keeping Teleboda from "capitalizing" on their "success" by ninja'ing T-Bod's former territory before they could take it back... is now going on about deception and croc tears? Really? I mean, you've already shown yourself to have no sense of shame whatsoever, so I guess I really shouldn't expect anything else.

I assume you bring up my being a glamour nation mostly to remind yourself, because frankly it looks an awful lot like your birdbrains forgot I was one. Sorry you're having to fight a war instead of stealing Teleboda's kill like you thought you were going to...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:46:30 pm by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2017, 03:39:06 am »

Alright now its trash talk - then again its just a game and I can't even connect all those nation-names to forum users yet without looking it up each time  ::) -
Also, aren't your armys always stealthy, so why would I see them vanish? My scouting network isn't that big/good I only heard from people that you are expanding rapidly and the ingame information supported that mostly...

Edit: While we are updating the OP, add this for easy checking on turn progress?

Game Name: Bay12GamesRound426a
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:48:36 am by ThtblovesDF »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2017, 03:42:24 am »

Yeah, that is annoying.

Albright, could you put this in the OP?
edit: here's a better one:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:07:05 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:52 am »

Get your story straight - did I overrun Teleboda with mercenaries (scary! nefarious! I mean, MERCENARIES!!!!), or did I do it with national troops?

And it was trash talk before, but it was all flowing one way and was laced with effusive self-aggrandiziment from the largest nation in the game - who's got themself a nice little (okay, not LITTLE) corner carved out - trying to paint their opportunistic aggression as civic-minded nobility. For the record, prior to my counter-invasion last turn, you had never been invaded and were around half again as big as me (who had by that point been on the receiving end of 3 unprovoked invasions and one very provoked one, TYVM). But yeah, sure, being larger (with 3x the thrones, let's not forget), more secure in your homeland, more aggressive, more manipulative, and less honest definitely makes you neither stronger than me nor aggressive nor expanding rapidly.

Also, ya might wanna avoid piling on the trash talk yourself if "it's only a game". Again, be decisive!

Cry me another river of crocodile tears, you glorious saint, you.

--

Main post updated.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:34:45 am by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2017, 09:27:14 am »

I dunno man, Score graphs are off, but you seem to know everything better anyway - you where also the least friendly of all nations next to me and the only nation of those I knew that attacked someone else, so I'd most likly make the same choice again given the circumstances.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2017, 09:55:59 am »

Well duh, of course you would. You saw what looked like my offensive in Teleboda folding, so you figured you could easily kill-steal a 50% increase to your empire size and secure your southern flank while spinning it as "not aggressive" and "not expansionist" so as to diplomatically mask your quite-aggressive expansionism until it was far too late for anyone to do anything about it. And now you're sore because I made everything publicly diplomatic instead of silently "dueling" you, so you're having more trouble enacting the divide and conquer you'd planned.

And FWIW, if I was the least friendly of your neighbors, the rest of them must have been offering you gifts while kissing your pinky ring.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2017, 12:17:13 pm »

They didn't attack anyone ; )

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2017, 08:41:08 pm »

Sadly that seems to be changing. I sent you gems many many turns ago and still not receiving my agreed item, have no choice but to come take one, as I hear you have enough to equip them.
Let it be known on this 22nd moon, the high moon council declares war on your unholy death domain.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36