Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 41784 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2017, 09:43:22 pm »

To clarify, we have a cluster of three of us with two provinces between our capitals. It's... cozy. Very cozy. Possibly too cozy. We can probably survive, but seriously, this is slightly ridiculous. Especially since I suspect that I'm also two provinces from a third nation in the other direction.

We've had a slow start, so I'll understand if people want to stick with what we have and press on. But I'd say that it does at a minimum seem worth discussing, because from where I'm sitting it feels like there's barely hand room, to say nothing of elbows.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »

Since the slow start was mostly due to technical issues I feel like we could restart with no difficulties or significant time loss. The pretenders are already made so resubmitting them wouldn't take any longer than a regular turn. As such I strongly feel like we should restart so that capital placement doesn't screw over any players. It'd be more fun for everyone in the long run, I think, instead of people getting steamrolled by some nation with the resources of 4~ capitals at their disposal.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2017, 12:12:23 am »

Since the slow start was mostly due to technical issues
Was it? If I understand correctly it was entirely a series of human errors (mine included.) But I have no specific attachment to this map, so if changing would lead to a better experience, why not?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

kingkev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2017, 03:32:57 am »

If you guys want to restart that's ok with me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2017, 03:59:47 am »

I'll abstain from voting. Either way works out for me, it's just a matter of whether I wanna be lazy or not.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2017, 04:30:04 am »

I'm fine either way.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2017, 05:45:32 am »

Eh, sure - the only soft issue is people may have already gained knowledge, others may not have. I want to continue as it is simpler, but really it's E. Albrights call.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »

Although it definitely seems like close quarters on the current map, I'm willing to go with either decision.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2017, 05:13:53 pm »

That's close enough to everyone. I'll, ah, find us something slightly larger and/or less densely connected and get it set up tonight.

If anyone wants to get a feel for the corner of the torus that had RexMundi, USEC_OFFICER, and me concerned about placement, I started in 106, RexMundi in 125, and USEC_OFFICER in 85. Based on candles, I'm pretty sure someone else was in 96, 105, or 113. I don't know if the rest of you were comparably tight-packed, but that felt like a bit too many capitals 2-ish provinces from each other.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2017, 05:37:33 pm »

Eh, sure - the only soft issue is people may have already gained knowledge, others may not have.
Well no necesarily, because, if you want a new pretender, now's your chance, and if you don't- you already have one. So maybe that knowledge you got is dead wrong.  :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2017, 06:09:24 pm »

I seemed to have about 3 provinces between me and the next person I ran into, but I also managed to neighbor uh, 3 throne provinces. Anyway, do we have any map suggestions?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2017, 06:17:59 pm »

I went with Ragnarok Comes, albeit with slightly-more-aggressive nostarts. 153+28, EW wrap.

The contents of the modified map file (.map, not .tga) can be found at http://pastebin.com/uVdzb6AC ; IIRC you don't actually need them so long as you have the .tga in your map directory, though.

Game is at: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12GamesRound426a
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:05:19 pm by E. Albright »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2017, 07:16:58 pm »

Pretender re-sent.

Interesting - I wasn't even in the main crush - I was at 26 and had Ukubabbum's capital at 18.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2017, 07:31:41 pm »

That pastebin doesn't link to anything so... Hopefully it's not needed as you've mentioned. Anyways. Pretender sent. Let's hope that this one turns out better than the last map.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2017, 07:55:14 pm »

Oh right, figure I should mention that I resubmitted my pretender.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36