Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: It's Bigly! It's Yuge! It's Monsters are You(ge)!  (Read 16302 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

Go back to my cave and sleep.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be an a-hole: Monsters are You!
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2017, 07:43:37 am »

Spoiler: Banta the Necromancer (click to show/hide)

Banta summons a wind sprite, and commands it to lighten her body via magic. She then continues West, seeking a town, and leaving the horde a few hundred feet behind her at all times, so as not to draw attention.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Starve: Monsters are You!
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2017, 10:02:31 am »

... Sooo, did i get the hunger and happiness or did he? What did I even do? Did I destroy the gates?
the GM messed up the quote

You find nothing but a small deer. It's a light snack for a dragon your size, but better than nothing. Barely.

+2 hunger!
You roar, infuriated that you haven't found the girl.

-1 happiness!

Thanks, I'll go fix the post right now  :P
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2017, 10:32:33 pm »

((Agh. Missed the turn cause I wasn't feeling well.))

"This night was shit. Let's just find somewhere to rest my undead bones for a while..."

Look for a cave/hole in the ground to trance in
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It's Bigly! It's Yuge! It's Monsters are You(ge)!
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2017, 07:00:47 pm »

Turn 11 has started! Time: Midday
Everyone loses one hunger!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Raid the grain silos. It's better than starving.

You start to head towards the grain silos, when you double back and look at your four captives. Gods, you wish you had the guts to just smash the little imps right then and there.

All right, you guys saw what I did to your captain, right?

They nod.

I'm going on a trip right now, and you're coming along. If you don't, you're about to meet the same fate as your beloved leader.

You extend your hand to the ground. They hesitate before stepping onto it. They look just about ready to wet themselves. You head out to the outskirts of Pinefall, and reach the grain silos in no time. You start to pull one out of the ground when you hear shouting. You see a mob of people, ranging from knights in steel armor to toothless axe-wielding peasants. They're all running towards you. You figure that there must be a bounty on your head. You tug on the grain silo again, but it refuses to budge. It's probably dwarven in origin - all stonecrafts this large are usually purchased from the mountainfolk. Stone is particularly heavy, and you give up on trying to haul the grain silo. You start just trying to smash a hole in it before the angry mob draws any closer. Unfortunately, dwarven masonry is generally extremely strong and menaces with spikes of microcline, and you barely make a crack in the polished microcline granite surface. You curse as the first member of the mob, a horseman with a spear, draws close to you.

If you want to live, I suggest you turn around and leave.

The horseman's eyes go wide, and he steers his mount away.

"The monster speaks!" he screams, driving his mount to go faster.

Of course you can speak. You muster one final punch at the grain silo, and drive it at the very top of the building.

Holy wot you just rolled a -14

Your fist bounces off of the silo and ricochets into your face. You stumble back, angry at nobody in particular, and try slamming into the silo. You miss it by a good few feet and propel yourself towards the mob. You fall right in front of a young squire, who is staring at you wide eyed. The mob cheers as they rush you. You release your captives, and watch as they run away. One of them even tries to get the mob to leave, insisting that you mean no harm, but her voice is drowned out by the shouts of the horde. You yelp when a sword is driven into your arm. Although it's only the size of a relative needle to you, it hurts a lot. You scramble away from the crowd, and close your eyes. You channel your rage and frustration into the ground, and watch as it bends to your will. A huge hill rises in front of the crowd, and falls down upon them, entombing a number of blood-frenzied peasants in the ground. The mob, however, regroups and charges once more. A number of the people manage to grab onto your clothes, and start driving their various weapons into you. You shout, and start brushing them off. More, however, start hurling spears and darts at you.

-3 hp!

You continue fighting, but the mob only grows as more treasure-seeking humans run at you. You summon a mountain to act as a barricade between you and the mob, but they simply scale over it, using their now high ground to leap at your head. You swat at them as one would wave at a cloud of gnats, smacking a few of them to fall out of the air to their deaths below. Most of them, however, either grab onto you or simply miss and fall at your feet. All of this for just a little bit of food! You look around, but escape seems impossible - the mob now rings around you. Pinefall is to your North, your cave to the South, and endless forest to the East and West. An eyecatching boulder lies just a few hundred meters North, and a ranch to the West. What should you do...

And you're so hungry!

-1 happiness!

head home and get some sleep

You return to your abode and rest. When you awake, you feel refreshed. Bob faithfully waits for you, party hat at the ready.

+1 happiness!

Go back to my cave and sleep.

You return to your cave, but only sleep fitfully, not able to truly slumber while knowing your shiny is missing. Your Rage-o-meter decreases significantly, but you're not about to let some wizard steal your greatest treasure.

+1 happiness!

Banta summons a wind sprite, and commands it to lighten her body via magic. She then continues West, seeking a town, and leaving the horde a few hundred feet behind her at all times, so as not to draw attention.

You may want to add Summon Wind Sprite to your list of skills.

You perform the summoning, and cover your eyes when a flash of bright light flashes directly in front of you. When you open your eyes, a tiny humanoid creature with sky-blue eyes, hummingbird wings, and wispy clothing hovers in front of you. It lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Just for your information, I don't grant wishes. I've had so many fools ask for a ton of gold that I've started assuming that you're an idiot."

"I'm no fool, sprite. I trust that you will come to understand this."

"Oh, okay." says the sprite, smirking. "You're the scary summoner, raising an undead army to conquer th-"

You grab the sprite by the wings, and dangle it by your face as it protests.

"My first command - no more witty comments. I hope we have an understanding."

You release the sprite. It falters, shakily hovering from side to side, before regaining its balance and scowling at you.

"Fine. What do you, want? I don't have all day."

"Lighten my body. Let me move faster."

The sprite laughs.

"I can do a lot of helpful things, don't get me wrong. Breaking the laws of physics, however, is beyond my capabilities at the moment. I can certainly make you swifter - hell, I can even carry you in a miniscule tornado, if that's your thing. Now, what'll it be? No more shenanigans involving destroying the laws that govern the universe."

You say nothing.

"I can make you faster, fine." says the sprite.

The sprite flits around you, and you feel a draft. You draw your robes tighter about you as the wind gets colder and more fierce. Just when you're about to fry the sprite with a blast of lightning, the wind stops.

"There you go. Try it out."

You take a hesitant step forward. Nothing happens. You start walking West, and you suddenly feel a strong wind at your back, guiding you forward and making your steps significantly longer and easier. You cover a lot of ground in this fashion, and soon enough you stumble across a town. A handful of cottages lay scattered around a town square, in which you see a tavern, a metalsmith's forge, and what you can only describe as a general store. In the distance, faaaar to the West, you see something huge, although you know not what.

((Agh. Missed the turn cause I wasn't feeling well.))

"This night was shit. Let's just find somewhere to rest my undead bones for a while..."

Look for a cave/hole in the ground to trance in

You quickly dash out of your hole, groaning as the sunlight hits you. It burns. You force yourself to continue, and eventually sit in the shade underneath a tree. It helps, but you won't last much longer out here. You look around, and spot a nice secluded cavern in the distance. You dash towards it, and tumble inside just as you're about to expire in the sun. It was painful, but satisfying.

-4 hp!
+1 happiness!

You settle into a trance.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »

Banta orders the horde to hold, then enters the tavern and purchases food. Once she is done with the meal, she exits the tavern, and summons a fire elemental directly in the door way. With an order to slaughter everyone inside in a creative fashion.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2017, 07:24:11 pm »

Start eating people. Then go over to the boulder and flatten a few of them(the people)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Rage-o-Meter: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2017, 03:36:47 am »

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN. Hmph. I guess now is time to get my shiny back." Go in the direction of the tower.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2017, 06:14:29 am »

Get Bob and set him to go gather berrys while I go back to the town I left the girl in and check in if they are dead. Finding they are not tell them that there had been something chasing the girl when I left her there and I left to try and lure it away. Ask for some food while I wait to talk to the girl and question what did she do to piss off a dragon.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2017, 05:54:36 pm »

Remain in trance to heal and pass time.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2017, 03:13:36 pm »

Turn 12 has started! Time: Sunset

Banta orders the horde to hold, then enters the tavern and purchases food. Once she is done with the meal, she exits the tavern, and summons a fire elemental directly in the door way. With an order to slaughter everyone inside in a creative fashion.

You enter the tavern. It's mostly empty, save for a drunkard and the barkeep. You sit on a stool and ponder your next course of action. The barkeep walks up to you, polishing a tankard.

"What'll it be, miss? We ain't got much nowadays. Money flow is dryin' right up."

"I'll have food. Whatever you think is best."

The barkeep nods and pulls out a couple tender cuts of meat. He starts frying them in a shallow pan. The drunkard bolts down the last of his mead and moves over towards you.

"What's a pretty lass like yer -hic- yerself doin' in these partses...?"

You ignore him.

"Not much fer -hic- talkin', eh? Fine then, let's geet rigiht to it! Ya got -hic- any friends ouwt thar? If ya dun't, I'd be quite pleeased to make meself yer ackwaintance!"

You say nothing. The barkeep looks at the drunkard and shouts at him.

"Leave 'er alone, Rulein! Git outta my tavern if you're gonna act like that."

The drunkard snarls, but he leaves the tavern, muttering angrily.

"Sorry about that, miss. Rulein there is a rowdy drunk, and he's a nasty man with a nasty temperament. You've gotta show those ruffian types who's boss or else they won't leave ya alone. Anyways, your meal's done. It's on the house, as an apology for that troublemaker's behavior."

You eat the meat. It's gamey, but tastes quite good with a small dish of rice.

+4 hunger!
+1 happiness!

You thank the barkeep and leave. You simply can't bring yourself to kill the man, considering how kindly he treated you. You wonder where to head next. You decide to go check on your horde. On your way out, however, you feel something roughly pull you aside. Rulein, the drunk, clasps one hand over your mouth, while he waves a knife around with the other.

"Izz rude to ignore a geentleman like meself when 'e asks yer a queschun!" he says.

You sigh, and summon the wind sprite again. The drunk howls when the bright light blinds him. You then take the opportunity to give him a few kicks, steal his knife, and kill him with it.
You get

Steel boning knife

Start eating people. Then go over to the boulder and flatten a few of them(the people)

You look around at the angry little people, shouting at you and waving weapons. You take a step forward, and they scatter in a chorus of shouts. You pick one of them up. It's the squire that was staring at you when you fell. He's in tears, shouting something indiscernible and struggling in vain to escape.

You try not to think about the moral and theological implications of what you do as you swallow him. The rest of the mob, watching this, starts to flee. You grab a few more of them, and force yourself to eat them.

+4 hunger!
-1 happiness!

You burst into tears after the last of the mob has departed. You try to justify your actions to yourself. It wasn't really self-defense, though. You could have crushed that mob easily. You finally manage to break open the grain silo with the boulder, and cry even more when you see that it's mostly empty. You take what little grain there is back to your cave.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN. Hmph. I guess now is time to get my shiny back." Go in the direction of the tower.

You fly. It isn't long until you see a spire of white marble, reaching up into the sky. It's rather large, and the only tower in sight.

Your shiny is inside.

Get Bob and set him to go gather berrys while I go back to the town I left the girl in and check in if they are dead. Finding they are not tell them that there had been something chasing the girl when I left her there and I left to try and lure it away. Ask for some food while I wait to talk to the girl and question what did she do to piss off a dragon.

You return to the town after giving your horde orders, and find the guard who you spoke to earlier. He says that the girl should be at a nearby hospital, and leaves for a few minutes. He quickly returns, and says that the girl is ready to see you. You follow him to the hospital, but you're stopped by a physician.

"Guard! That patient you visited! The moment you left, she dashed away, even with her injuries! She was faster than everyone else, and she escaped!"

The guard looks at you, shrugs, and jogs out of the hospital. Huh.

Remain in trance to heal and pass time.

You do pretty much that.

+6 hp!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: It's Bigly! It's Yuge! It's Monsters are You(ge)!
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2017, 03:39:06 pm »

Store the grain in my cave, then go visit the old woman for comfort.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2017, 03:45:11 pm »

Banta raises the corpse with a smirk. She orders it to return to the horde. She then looks around town a bit more for any interesting things, or just people to kill and raise.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »

"I need blood relatively soon.. otherwise, things will get ugly."

Rest to heal some more. Once the sun has set, it will be time to hunt.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2017, 06:52:17 pm »

Go find some place that serves food and trade work for food
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8