Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Community Written Story)The Adventures of John Smith! Recently: Why?  (Read 1257 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

THEME: Medieval Fantasy

A simple game where people post a sentence, and then someone else posts a sentence after that to continue the story. All sentences will be recorded in the OP. I fully expect chaos by the end of this... I shall start. 'Once upon a time, there lived a man called John Smith.' (Yes, I know, very original.)

Part 1:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:12:35 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

He has a brother named Smith John, as his mother divorced Mr. Smith, married Mr. John, and had an odd sense of humor.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His family were extremely rich, and even ran their own little section of the kingdom.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile

Sadly, said section of the kingdom was rather bad for farming, the family's riches coming from the wishes of a mad ruler, who had given them half the treasury on his deathbed.

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The reason he gave away all that money was actualy because he was possesed by a good spirit at the time, who wanted to stop him from doing any more evil.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back to John Smith, he was training to become a knight of the Realm, and was currently a squire.

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Community Written Story)The Adventures of John Smith! Recently: Squire
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 04:20:57 am »

His training was going well, all was perfect in life, for John Smith.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

Until of course, a giraffe was suspiciously released into his bedroom.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although he was wary of the creature, he was also able and ready to tame it, and led it to the stables where the rest of the horses were.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:03:56 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As it was lead into a stall, the giraffe rose it's head, crashing through the roof, where, as the sun's final rays shone down, golden light settled upon a brown spot on the giraffe's body, forming the Smith house crest; A brown circle on a golden background.

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why was it a brown circle on a golden background?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Community Written Story)The Adventures of John Smith! Recently: Why?
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 07:30:12 am »

((Is this continuing the story, or just a question? If so, the answer is 'Why Not'.))

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 08:34:20 am »

((Is this continuing the story, or just a question? If so, the answer is 'Why Not'.))
((Continuing of story. I was hoping someone would explain why afterwards.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 04:33:21 pm »

((Hello?))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 04:43:07 pm »

John asked himself this question, and realized that, not only did he never wonder about it before, he had no memories of his family ever having a crest before.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.