Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nim, a Simple Game  (Read 1211 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Nim, a Simple Game
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:51:43 pm »

Like the title says, the game is simple. 2 people at a time, though I'll just say me versus all of you. 16 tokens are on the table. On your turn, you can take one, two, or three tokens, and list the new token amount afterward. Whoever takes the last token wins. One of you guys can go first.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Nim, a Simple Game
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:05:10 pm »

1 Token taken 15 remain

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:06:02 pm »

I'll take 3 tokens. 1112 remain
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:08:49 pm »

I take 2, 10 remain
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:10:48 pm »

I take another 2, 8 remain. (have to go to bed very soon, may stop abruptly)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »

Have to go now. Play the game among yourselves, if you want.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 12:43:02 am »

I take 3, 5 Remain...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 01:08:23 am »

I take 1 leaving 4!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 02:51:35 am »

Game Over! That was fun, now whats on TV?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 07:10:01 am »

It isn't game over until someone takes the last token. Sure, we could stop here and declare a stalemate but I'll make sure this has a proper ending! I take 2 tokens, leaving 2. Who knows who will claim victory?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 07:10:52 am »

I take 2, leaving 0.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 07:34:36 am »

So 1v1 these games are unfair and breakable.

But with unlimited players each trying to win and no turn order they could get funny.
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 08:00:13 am »

Good Point. I'll start a new game with 13 Tokens. I'll take 2.

Though, after a while, maybe we could start introducing twists. For example, one game might have all the tokens in a row, like so... (i'll use a smaller game as example to make it easier)
OOOOOOOO
..and you can only take consecutive tokens. So if I took the 3rd token (i'll use x as an empty space)
OOxOOOOO
A person could take the 1st and 2nd tokens on their move, but not also the 4th.  Essentially, they would break the tokens into two groups, a 2-token group and a 5-token group, and you cannot take from mote than one token on your turn. How does that sound?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:06:05 am by OceanSoul »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 08:05:08 am »

That seems interesting. I take three tokens, leaving 8.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 08:06:56 am »

2 more tokens, 6.

Pages: [1] 2