Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bay12 Time Capsule 2017  (Read 6139 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Time Capsule 2017
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2018, 03:28:09 pm »

Spoiler: Typing This Fast (click to show/hide)

Sadly, I haven't run Odd Mafia yet. On the other hand, it looks like I'm getting there...

I'm about to run FYBOR 3. Sadly, the Mafia subforum is becoming less and less active.

No and no. Good ideas, both of them... dangit I don't remember what Crown was, much.

My education is coming along excellently. ... I'll settle for computer programming. There are other passions I may pursue, but computer programming is one that'll keep my bills paid.

No, sadly. It's still on my to do list.

I didn't complete Nanowrimo. I figured out the issue: getting bored. If I'm not interested in what I'm writing, it won't flow.

Yessss. Finally.

I've improved. I can run an entire lap around the park, write papers that I expect Cs in and instead get As, I've got an efficiency-based path I intend to follow, and I think I write slightly better at least. Spiritual improvements are hopefully forthcoming.

No, sadly.

No. The dog never will stop being paranoid, will he.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2018, 03:43:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
swear on me nan I'll dek u past me right in the gabber. Otherwise, good job past me

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »

Kadzar:
  • Haven't written that much, and none of it has appeared on the show so far, but I have gotten to perform more. Though I'm wondering if I should quit the show so I can focus on other projects.
  • Alright, that hasn't happened.
  • Nah, though I'm not sure I really cared about this one so much, and a lot of other comics I know have started podcasts this past year, so mine probably wouldn't be that special/necessary.
  • No, although another another comic I know has supposedly started an RPG podcast; I should maybe ask how that's coming along and see if I can help at all. I also am thinking about starting some kind of VoIP-based game with comic friends who've moved away and suchlike, which could possibly be turned into something recorded.
  • I did that!
  • Didn't do that, unfortunately.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:37:23 pm by Sebastian2203 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »

Spoiler: For me (click to show/hide)

Well, before I even begin to answer the questions I need to address that depressing preamble you have here. The latter half of high school ended up being one of the most successful years socially speaking. You didn’t get laid, or kissed, but you ended up meeting a lot of new people. Things didn’t work out with any of them, but they’re still worth mentioning. You had lunch with the prettiest girl in school, though she was quite dull and you decided that she wasn’t for you. Still, in spite of your clumsy handling of the situation, she later ended up asking (more like commanding tbh) you to dance with her at prom even though she had a prom date. You didn’t end up dancing though cause you were afraid of her date, your lack of dance skills, and the fact that she was dancing with her female best friend at the moment. Your insecure mind thought she lost interest in you by the time the dance started since she asked you out at the very beginning of prom.

You also met a clinically depressed girl that you developed a very strong connection with. Unfortunately your schedules didn’t line up and your attempts to talk to her again scared her off. She showed a very ugly side of her personality that you ended up forgiving because it was clearly caused by depression. In the end, that wasn’t enough and you two lost contact. You hope she’s okay.

On a less interesting note, you met the person that you would eventually become in college. She was quite a loner, but she didn’t mind at all. She was happy with her life. She had no romantic or sexual ambitions, but you hung out with her anyway. You just wanted to make a new friend and you seemed to have enough in common. It was very weird. You two never got close, but you hung out relatively often due to a lack of schedule conflicts. Eventually school ended and you never saw each other again. You feel indifferent to this.

Now for the questions:

1. HaHaHaHaHa! Hell no! You broke up one or two weeks later. You both agreed not to talk to each other  for a month, but come second semester and she crawls back, desperately trying to be “just friends” with you. Surprisingly you obliged. You didn’t want to be an overt asshole to her, and your experience with other women refusing to give you closure made you want to never inflict that pain on someone else. You talk shit about her now, but your actions came from a kind place back then (most of the time).  The friendship had the same ups and downs as the relationship and honestly things weren’t that different. You appreciated the company, but the incompatibility between you was always obvious. Why could she never see it? You almost got back together at the beggining of summer, but then she did something that reminded you of why you broke up in the first place. You were much harsher this time, making it clear that you didn’t ever want to see her again. She ended up texting you a month later under the pretence of wanting to talk, but it turns out she just wanted to get back together with you. You gave her no mercy that time and you haven’t heard from her since.

2. It’s better than high school, but not the magical wonder cure people said it would be. You aren’t an idealist though so that didn’t come as a surprise.  What was surprising was that when it first started it did seem like that magical wonder cure. You met a ton of great people, you were pretty outgoing, you even got an anonymous love letter and met a couple of sluts. Unfortunately, you didn’t share any classes or programs with these people and the group eventually fell apart as the members moved on. Even the girl who sent the love letter (I found out it was her by comparing the handwriting, she has a very distinct style) lost interest in you and you have no idea why. As for the sluts, you learned something about yourself that you would have never discovered in high school, your standards. It turns out that having constant sex with several different guys (occasionally without condoms) is a big turn off. It also doesn’t help that it screams “I probably have an STD”.

As for the quality of the program, it’s pretty lacklustre so far. The professors don’t know how to teach, and you’ve been coasting by by reading the textbook. You failed math, which ended up being the wake up call that will motivate you to study harder second semester. Hopefully.

3. I almost forgot what it was, but now I remember. No, not really. You still feel a lack of purpose and direction in life, but you’ve learned how to live in the moment and not get bothered by those feelings most of the time. You have the feeling that this carefree attitude will bite you in the ass and irreversibly damage your future, but you have no idea how to save yourself.

4. You finally started going to the gym. Congratulations! I didn’t think this would happen, but it did. Ever since you lost contact with your college friends, you’ve stopped caring about social interaction (mostly) so your original motivation of becoming attractive enough to get girls to sleep with you isn’t really there anymore. Instead, your motivations have matured a little. You now believe that the person who you’ll eventually end up with (you feel a lot more confident about this happening now) shouldn’t have to choose between a man who’s attractive and a man who’s good for her. She deserves both. Going to the gym has also become quite important to you as it is the only commitment you feel passionate about. A day at the gym is incredibly satisfying and seeing your progress feels good. You aren’t where you want to be just yet due to a late start, but I’m sure you’ll get there by the end of summer.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2018, 10:19:46 pm »

Spoiler: Dear 2018 Me (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2018, 11:13:32 pm »

Uh, I guess I'm in time since the thread isn't locked yet.  So...

Spoiler: Dear Mr Henshaw (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Edit (click to show/hide)

GODSDANGIT I misinterpreted this thread entirely, oh well, I'll repost or whatever :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:19:20 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2018, 12:06:05 am »

Okay Null, this was mostly effective last time, so we're going to give it another go:

See you then.

Okay, once again this was pretty doable, though that last one is still not exactly easy.  Big boy is doing better than ever, really starting to pull through.  Little one needed some help, speech therapy was extremely useful and he's having a blast in school.  One of the guys is gone but the other is still here, that's fine, we'll handle that when it happens.  She still has problems dealing, it's getting better, but this is going to be a very long process.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2018, 12:53:24 am »

Baffler,

Also:

Also also, say the word long.

Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad. I had jokes too it seems, and use the soft g sound, though I'm not sure why I would ask that. I also accidentally posted my reply into an edit of my capsulepost, so I think I may've been away too long.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2018, 01:22:48 am »

Well shit. But at least I made some progress on other things!
._.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2018, 02:04:24 am »

*reads entry*

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2018, 02:37:32 am »

oops, thought this was a new one/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:42:30 am by Japa »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2018, 04:25:27 am »

I could have sworn I had something here...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 11:37:40 pm »

Oh hey, hi Past Self, nice to hear from you. Sorry you don't exist anymore and all that... but hey, you're me now? And that's not all bad. Things have been pretty good, so hopefully you'd not be disappointed:

1. Still got work to do on telling my Step-Dad how much I appreciate him, but I've started. And definitely made progress to rebuild Mom and my relationship. And there actually was a miraculous recovery from at least some of her health issues, in the form of a new medication. So, that's really good! Her quality of life is way up, and we're able to go out and do things again. So yeah, we good there.

2. Just rolling with a neutral nickname ATM, but got a few nice options picked out once I handle all that gender paperwork etc. Most of the family have been in-the-know, and have been way more supportive than I expected? Mom's even genuinely excited, and has been doing a bunch of reading up on how to be an ally and... it's just really heartwarming and validating and all that. No luck on figuring out how to Fashion either, but I am doing my best! And yeah, despite some difficulties, got my medical coverage all squared away. Still gotta find a local GP and an Endo and all that, but working on it!

3. I'm not posting about how my past self gave me a pep talk on Twitter. I refuse. But I have been building up my portfolio, and my credentials as a freelancer (just got into a scholarship program for a web development nanodegree), so that's been going well. More or less took the year off from Game Jams, but getting back into that lately, after meeting a bunch of chill creative types; going to make a Virtual Pet this weekend, if all goes well. And yes I have been practicing and getting better at VG music! Arguably!

4. Ashwood made it to the 1 year mark, with about 35 updates before it got Hiatus'd. I just don't have the time or chutzpah to keep on it along with everything else... and I was honestly unhappy with a lot of the corners I painted myself into narratively. I have much to learn about constructing good stories. But I will say it was good practice! I'm still writing illustrated interactive fiction stuff, and I've got another 2 projects in progress that build on the same setting, so it's not entirely abandoned either. Just living on in different forms! And I think they're already off to a much better start.

5. Shut up, Mom! Yes I did in fact meet a new datefriend and they are very wonderful and good and supportive and many other things besides. It's a complicated situation for some reasons, and I don't know where exactly it'll go in the long term? But I'm finally in a place where I can stop my BPD-type relationship instability issues from getting the better of me, and can show someone the trust and respect I want to be able to show 'em. I've met plenty of new friends too, many of whom are terminally queer, which has been wonderful! Cut ties with a few of my oldest ones, which is less wonderful I think, but was a healthy move for everyone involved. So yeah, all good on that front. *resolute nod*

6. I did not get a moped. I still want one, but vehicles are expensive, and I need to save up for my future, and to move for work, and all that. Some day though! Some day~

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2018, 11:47:06 am »

Spoiler: Hi, me. I'm you. (click to show/hide)
Oh gods dammit, I failed myself. I didn't stab anyone with the umbrella yet, I ended both D&D campaigns prematurely on a bad note, and I'm still out of any relationship. I'm not as awkward though. I've changed nothing in this world and don't think I will soon, but my meaning to life has evolved to just having fun now. Who needs personal achievement when you can just enjoy yourself? I haven't even touched Undertale in two years now, and I certainly don't plan to, and no, my friends cannot get through a story-based game that has a multiplayer function, though we have finished a few single-player games side-by-side. Thankfully, they're still my friends too, and it looks like they'll be staying.

Life was hard, I remember. But it's better now, despite the extra responsibilities and suicidal friends and massive debt hanging over my family's head. Somehow, it's just better than it was before. 2018's a year of hope for me.

On that note, do we have a new time capsule, or will this one be recycled?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5