Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What additional things would you like to see added?

Character Information sheets for dorfed characters.
- 1 (12.5%)
Lore sheets
- 0 (0%)
Music links for the mood
- 0 (0%)
Descriptions of how some of the mods work from time to time
- 2 (25%)
Kill counts for dorfed people
- 2 (25%)
All of the above
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The tale of cobaltcopper (Accepting dorfings, MASTERWORK, Pictures, Story!)  (Read 7450 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile

"A few soldiers came to my contact area to request that I proceed to "Remove Elfbab". I don't know about my men, but I shall not enact on that racial bias. Although the elves may be tree hugging hippies sometimes, They dont need to be removed. They arent terrorists.
No, no matter how much you play music at me in protest, I won't "Remove elfbab". On another note, The recovery effort from the war is going well... I'm going to bring out a weapon that the world has never seen before to prevent this sort of thing.... A weapon to surpass the bronze colossus itself..."

I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I remember my evacuation from the old kingdom.... It all started with the first attack, but that will wait for another day... After the fist attack, I returned to my home which was a bit distant from the breach. The hammering from the pits, the sound of cannons and the firing of ballistas grew louder. I felt pangs of fear as soon as I heard footsteps entering my house.... I drew my trusty shortsword and went to investigate. It was no foe, but Whitelighter, my young artilleryman friend, weary, streaked with blood and dirt.... He informed me about the true power of the demons... They had some sort of colossal machine... A bronze colossus... Working for them at another breach.... his squad was wiped out, and he was the only survivor. Hundreds died in that attack, maybe even thousands... Then I was informed another breach happened in Daggerhead, where my fiance lived... and where Whitelighter's Headquarters was. We headed there together...."-Urist mcwells

(If you get the allusion which Is an allusion and adapted under fair use, Good for you)
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Ryukan made an amazing artifact... not much to compensate for the many lives lost... But.... It brings joy seeing my friend back in action. Another thing to note, I have begun training animals for war.... If we are to limit the casualties of dwarves and the inteligent races, we shall send out animals."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Amazing indeed. Shame it wasn't steel or adamantine, but 2H swords have second highest penetration and highest contact area in game; a strong and big human should be able to wield it one-handed to lay waste on flesh unarmored beings.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have begun to mass train any animals we capture, For hunting and for war. Remember the awakened stone I mentioned earlier? Those can be trained..."

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm currently using the Spacefox tileset. If you have any questions about what's what, just take the tile and ask.

Also, in the case that this fort falls, I'm going to be making a new one in the same world. Alright?

Character info soon.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sir, you have to see this! someone engraved something... Strange in ryukan's room!"

I put down my pen, and followed the young dwarf who alerted me of this... "What now...."

I was shocked.... This image was odd indeed. what the fuck is this mess? Why is there a low quality drawing of a dwarf over ryukan's blured face.... Damn it....

Strangely.... Ryukan themself has no complaints about it...

I have to explain this thing now...

"Well then... someone really likes their baron..."

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I suddenly heard an argument coming from downstairs... a heated one at that. I headed down there... and I came across this clash of words.... "Alright, what in the name of the fucking old kingdom are you doing... This is my personal forge, and I'm the fucking baron!" "Baroness more like it, You should always watch your drink. Now move over, I'm claiming this workshop to make an artifact..." Suddenly, I realized why ryukan hadn't visited me much... Someone spiked their drink with some form of gender changing magical poweder... Probably a failed assassination attempt... It seems permanent.... Ryukan adventually gave up... and now that bastards claimed his... or now her... workshop... I feel like ryukan might file for a legal name change... ah, there she is... Oh, airith, sure... That's fine... Done!"

Alright, out of character talk. First of all, I had adressed the sex change thing before, and I still am not 100% sure why that happened... but it did, and I decided it was cannon.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:41:17 pm by ReynTheLord »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just FYI: I wasn't kidding about Flesh unarmored beings. If your weapon material doesn't win, larger contact area just makes it worse; I expect that 2h sword is probs going to go "pling" and bounce off harmlessly on bronze colossus, even with the sharpness bonus from artifact.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just FYI: I wasn't kidding about Flesh unarmored beings. If your weapon material doesn't win, larger contact area just makes it worse; I expect that 2h sword is probs going to go "pling" and bounce off harmlessly on bronze colossus, even with the sharpness bonus from artifact.

I know. But it was engraved, therefore its a thing.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I hoped it wouldn't come to this point, but I must execute one of my own to send a message....  but someone decided to make a useless artifact with an infuriating image on it... The king in question is never going to be close in my heart... He decided to take power the year after the old kingdom fell..... Through bloodshed and torture.... Not through the acts of a kind leader.... Plus, who the hell puts spikes on a splint!"

The announcement which made me pissed.

WHO PUTS SPIKES ON A  SPLINT!

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A courrier arrived... They informed us that ryuk... airith is now the duchess of cobaltcopper, a dutchy capital, along with the mayor of cobaltcopper.... I'm impressed."

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, dwarves, men, elves, and everyone else who is joining me for this speech. I, Now known as Wells alliedceiling, formerly Urist Mcwells, am now king, as of nomination, and the recent overthrowing of the old king... It's finally time I left the safe santuary of the overseer's nest... I am assigning the role of overseer to My comrade, Urist Mc Lovecraft.... As of now, cobaltcopper is the new mountainhome, and the place where we shall begin bringing back the ways of the old kingdom!"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves love spikes. They will even pay extra for those decorations.

Change in viewpoint character?

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves love spikes. They will even pay extra for those decorations.

Change in viewpoint character?
Yeah, but I changed my mind...

"Bloody hell, that lovecraft fella wouldnt take the job... I, urist mctolkien, shall take up the overseer's hat... Now, I shall get started soon..."

Now, first, I didn't want to shit on lovecraft's works, or screw up his mannerisms, plus I had a better idea for a more resonable approach, so I did this. Second, I might not update that often, as I have school and homework.

Oh and, You'll love what I'm calling the outpost liason
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6