Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: \Duplicity/ Proelium! Phase III  (Read 8935 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: \Duplicity/ The First Lodge
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2017, 09:32:35 pm »

The real world:

"Listen, prep. I know we gotta stick together for safety and all that crap, but what happens if Jamie catches us unawares? We'd be trapped inside with nowhere to go. If someone can tell us when to clear out, we'll have a better chance."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2017, 10:06:33 pm »

The Real World
Shay rolls her eyes at Terrence. "Well, fine, whatever your face is. Ugh. If somebody is going to get killed because they were waiting outside for us, ain't my fault."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »

Real world:

"That won't be much of an issue, assuming at least one of these two is a halfway competent guard. But hey, how hard can it be to notice a giant murderer coming your way?"
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2017, 01:50:20 pm »

Terrance calls out deeper into the cabin and receives no response. Upon examination of the puzzle, it looks like a picturesque impressionist painting in jigsaw form. The board games contain some plastic trinkets and paper cards, but no valuable resources.

Mattew moves closer to the fireplace. Not only the fire warm, but heat is coming off of the fire poker as well, evidently it had recently been used.

Jack moves around the cabin, searching for a coveted First Aid Kit. The living room and corridor area have no medical supplies.

Lana and Jimmy head back outside the front door and stand watch at the front of the cabin together. The long, moving shadows cast by the trees and the sporadic hooting of owls do not make this job any easier.

June snatches up the fire poker, which fortunately has cooled off enough that the handle is warm but not scalding hot. She explores the other rooms in the lodge, followed by Shay and Mattew. The first room contains little of value besides a cot and a desk, a closet and a single window, the standard layout of a lodge room. All of the furniture is open and empty. In the second room, a mess of discarded consumables lies in the center of the room. Among them are a few unopened sandwich wrappers and fresh beer bottles. The third room is of interest as this one contains an additional feature, a wall safe.
As soon as someone takes a step into the room, each person's Module begins to vibrate.

Betsy scribbles down each new order from the Party. By now it's past midnight, and most patrons have left the bar, McFadden has even convinced the last couple drunks to take an Übermensch Cab home. Even with the Party's chatter and the cheering from the televised sports game, it's pretty quiet for a dive bar.

The bell connected to the bar's front door rings as it slams open.

An armored man, sword sheathed at his hip, enters the bar and scans the area. His garb is covered in Roman style and insignia, if he is a cosplayer he is meticulous in his hobby. His eyes glide over McFadden and Betsy but then immediately center on the Party. He is followed by several men, most of whom are armed and armor to a fuller extent than he is. While some appear to be your prototypical Roman infantrymen, there are a couple wearing little more than furs and pants, and one man simply wearing long robes. It is clear that the first man who entered is wearing the most decorated armor.

McFadden breaks the silence, "The pub is closin' early tonight boys, sorry for your troubles but I-"

The leader of the Romans raises his palm as if to garner authority and speaks, "Do not mind us." He takes a seat at the bar, leaning back against it as he faces the Party. "My name is General Bullucious Primus, and I have received reports that a so-called gathering is taking place between those who speak ill-will and dissent against Lord Atlas." He picks up a half-empty glass on the bar and takes a sip, immediately spitting out the contents. "Bah, filthy plebeius drink! As I was saying, the sanctity of Lord Atlas's rule can not be called into question, he is of even greater stature than the Gods; Lord Atlas preceded the Gods, and so he has outlasted them, as those false deities are nowhere to be found now. As such, their lands have fallen to anarchy, and Lord Atlas is working to restore peace, and shall extend peace to all of these barbaric lands eventually." He gestures to the entire Party with a 'come here' motion, "If you would follow my unit and myself to our outpost, surely we can save you all of ignorance before you do something you will forever regret..."

McFadden has disappeared during this speech, but he reemerges from underneath the bar, behind all of the Romans who have their eyes fixed on the Party. McFadden creeps closer to General Primus, raising a wooden baseball bat above his head. Before the bartender can swing, Primus spins around and smashes the glass bottle against McFadden's head, and he falls to the bar floor. General Primus shouts at his men, "Take all of them dead or as prisoners, none of them can escape!" His attention goes back to the fallen bartender, while he reaches underneath his plate armor, equipping a thick dagger. The Roman draw their weapons, and begin to march towards the booth section of the building.

"Aw shit," mutters Betsy as she grabs an empty bottle and smashes it against the edge of the Party's table, creating an improvised weapon.

Roman General - Bullucious Primus
Looks like Atlas has reformed the ancient armies of Rome, and they're in need of another Sacking. This guy's a General, so he's definitely got some tactical tricks up his sleeve.
Inventory: Roman General's Armor, Pugio, Gladius

Legionnaire I
The standard heavy infantry of Rome. While incredibly effective in large legions, they were not known for individual combat.
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Gladius Sword, Scutum Flat Shield

Legionnaire II
The standard heavy infantry of Rome. While incredibly effective in large legions, they were not known for individual combat.
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Gladius Sword, Scutum Flat Shield

Adstatus
Roman spearman specializing in fighting cavalry and highly armored opposition.
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Spear, Scutum Flat Shield

Sagittarii
Roman archers, they are more commonly found on horseback.
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Compound Bow, Pugio

Jaculator
Special Roman infantry that fight primarily with thrown weapons.
Inventory: Roman Infantry Armor, Javelin, Throwing Darts

Berserker
A Barbarian Mercenary that towers over your typical Roman soldier. You won't like him when he's angry.
Inventory: Dual Battle Axes

Veneo
A Barbarian Mercenary equipped with weapons primitive but highly lethal.
Inventory: Blowgun, Poisoned Spear

Sacerdos
A holy man with a connection to the powers of the Gods, particularly the Gods of the Elements.
Inventory:

Allies:
McFadden
The owner of McFadden's Tav', your first stop for beer, ball games and battles against the legions of Rome.
Inventory: Baseball Bat (Dropped)

Betsy
A hardened old waitress no stranger to rowdy drunks and bar fights.
Inventory: Broken Bottle

Spoiler: Shay Waters / Rochelle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred Johnson / Fred (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mattew Kentwood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  June Wildes / Yun (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Duplicity/ Proelium!
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2017, 02:07:42 pm »

"Game" World

The Scourge laughs it's creepy and drawn out laugh again. Before launching out one of its two tentacles straight at the berserker(tentacle strike)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2017, 02:32:55 pm »

Real world:

Terrence, satisfied with his search, follows the others into the third room.

"My module thingy just vibrated, do you have any ide-oh! A safe! Hey, Brief, you're an engineer, do you know anything about getting into safes?"

"Game" world:

Dunkelsteinn watched the display before it with a heaping measure of aloofness. That is, until the Veneo came into the room. The moment, it saw the blowdart wielding poisoner, Dunkelsteinn's face flushed with unspeakable rage. And now that fighting has broken out...

Not today.

Dunkelsteinn springs from the booth and draws its enormous glowing sword in one smooth motion, then takes a wide stance and winds up for a powerful slash despite not being close enough to any of the enemies to actually hit them. When it finally swings its sword, a crescent beam issues forth, a moonlight beam fired straight at the blowdart sniper scum!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2017, 03:03:34 pm »

Jimmy Smith

Continue keeping watch.

Giant Dad

Giant Dad sighs, and reluctantly downs the rest of his ale.
"Time to go to work. . ."

He then rises to his feet, and unsheathes the Bass Cannon.

Cast "Power up the Bass Cannon"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2017, 03:08:11 pm »

Mattew Kentwood

"Huh. Looks like it has."
Mattew looks down to his module, content to let the engineers and other techy people do their job.

Karlston Meakin

"And now an actual fight breaks out... how dreadful. Can't we settle this peacefully?"
While saying this, Karlston throws out a barrage of Coiled Swords, one aimed at the gentleman who seems to be in charge of their opponents(Bullucious Prime, if it wasn't clear), the other at the Legionnaire I.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2017, 03:21:25 pm »

The "Real" World

"Ooh, yeah, I've spent some time on locks and things like that. I should be able to handle it. Admittedly I don't have most of the normal equipment though, but I can give it a try anyway if you think that would be the better option than trying to find the code."

he went to try and crack the safe
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:51:07 pm by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2017, 06:33:13 pm »

Lana Clarke

"Hmm? O-Oh my, I get to play something!"

Tobias Creed

Transform into a bat and flank the Veneo, before turning humanoid and jumping on him while attempting to bite him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:46:09 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:30 pm »

Real world
Jack Checks to see if one of the bathrooms has a medicine cabinet in it. If it doesn't then he'll return to the rest of the group.

Game world
Surprised by this sudden turn of events DOOMguy swallows the last of the chicken  wings he's been messily devouring before Jumping up and with a maniacal gleam in his eyes.
DYNAMITE! DOOM guy screams as he uses his rip and tear you huge guts ability to charge up to the Veneo and punch his hand through his chest.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:13:22 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2017, 03:25:42 am »

The Real World
Shay Waters

Shay tries to encourage Briefs in his attempt to open the safe, her face set in deep concentration. "This may stress you out, but we are ALL counting on you. I don't know you, but I believe in your ABILITIES to open this safe, so come on, DO IT!"

The...Game?
Rochelle

Rochelle takes a deep breath, and then picks up her axe from the floor. "It. Is. ON. So come on, let's beat these people's asses!"

Brandishing her axe, Rochelle runs and tries to flank the Sagitarii, before attempting to Axe Them a Question.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:09:16 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2017, 11:08:29 am »

Real world:

"I'm gonna check to see if there's anything we missed. Good luck, bud."

Terrence goes to shuffle through any furniture and containers not previously seen to be open and empty.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:21:21 pm by ironsnake345 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2017, 12:09:32 pm »

PTW. Might make a character sheet later.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2017, 11:20:13 pm »

Reality

June grabs the sandwiches and beer, and stores them somewhere on her person, either in a pack, or if unavailable, in any available space.

Game

Yun uses Psychokinesis to crush one of the legionnaires body with their armor plates, before flinging their body at the other legionnaire.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9