Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG  (Read 12093 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2017, 11:33:41 am »

As impatience builds outside of the greenhouse, teeth bared in annoyed and angry circumstances, Dankrad Diethard decides that he's had enough. Popping his Svain claws from his fingers, he walks out and charges towards the door, [Strength Check: 4+4 (Racial)+5 (Weapon Specialty)] and with his hidden weapon, the corpse of the recent kill of Kyrk the Svain Hunter he had undertaken, the door pops open, revealing the bondage wearing Sum Whan and a Telrac wearing white, including a grey shirt and pure white gloves. Crouched down, he enters a berserker rage as he says, "WHO DARES TO INTERRUPT MY PLAN?!!", before yelling and charging [Targeting: 13] in the direction of Siesta. [Attack/Defense: 17+4 (Racial) +5 (Weapon Specialty) +5 (Appearance: Physical) v 10+7 (Overall Defense)] With a large crack of dead skull hitting living skull, plus the sheer fury of the rage and the power of the blow, Siesta's body flies out of the greenhouse, his severed head following close by. Due to Telrac biology, however, he's not only still alive, he's screaming in pain from both the blow, and the sunlight he's been exposed to.

Aisha wishes to continue their carriage ride, except that they're already at the castle, staring at the Telrac screaming.

With a finger raised and mouth open, the Great and Fantastical Sum Whan was just about to say something witty about Siesta's attack meaning his involvement, only for Dankrad to rush in, smack Siesta with a human corpse, and decapitate him. Walking out, he stares slack jawed at Siesta's head, and only says, "S-So, um...are you going to go in for questioning, now?"

Cracking his fingers together, which sends a small shockwave through the area as though an earthquake had taken the ground into a furious frenzy, The Agent says, "Very well. Let us meet Dr. Allcright.", to which the Giantesses nod, and the Giant merely clasps his hands together. They walk towards the castle...
The sound of thunder clapping and the earth shaking doesn't even faze the door guard anymore, who's calmly walking out of his box to lead Sam to where she wants to go. Looking at the small print of the warrant, which the angel helps him read, he sees a door leading underground, which is where Allcright should be. Tapping the finger against the door as carefully as possible [Strength Check: 6+6 (Racial)] The door does dent slightly, but it stays on it's hinges. Opening the door, a man comes out. He is a small fellow, with white, frizzed out hair and a white beard, who is wearing a green shirt with a black apron and black gloves. He is also wearing some form of pants, and small shoes that *clack* with each step. Looking up, he sees a fox mask for a split second, before being grabbed and held up to meet the man face to face. "Who attempted to murder the Queen? Who would want to? What do you know about it? I'll break your legs if I have to!". [Intimidation Check: 17+3 (Racial) +5 (The Red King)] The small doctor says, his voice panicked and squeaking slightly, "All right, all right! It was me! I did it all! I severed the cat's tail!". Silence, and then, "...What?", followed by Allcright's, "Oh, sorry. You scared me so much that I didn't even parse your actual question. Okay. I'll give you what I know. I don't know the specifics, but I know that the would be killer is a member of a group called Quinto Gestoal, "Ninth Life" in Staalin. I don't know the reason, please put me down!". [Sincerity: 9] Yet something still seems fishy. Maybe some more questions...or acting on a promise.

While he's still in the kitchen, the sound of vegetables getting cut providing a small melody, Elena Etsby holds his hand out and tries to perform a charm he's done a few times. [Affinity Check: 3+6 (Racial) +7 (Age) +3 (Weapon Specialty)] With the wave of a hand, a compulsion falls under Gunter Elh, to go to the gunboat. Gunboats are cool. Stopping the vegetable cutting, Gunter turns around, revealing a scarred face with two yellow eyes. After walking out, Elena casts the same spell on Patricia, [Affinity Check: 14+16 (Previous Bonuses)] who then turns on her heel and walks to the gunboat. Thus, the three of them head there...

With squinted eyes and a small frown, the picture of Allan Nell coming into better focus, the Blaspheme known as Anglo Hale can plainly see that the guard in front of her isn't Allan. Walking over to him, she notices that when he turns to look at her, his face adopts a look of horror. "Hey, I need to find Allan Nell. Do you know where I can find him?". A calm, simple, and not intimidating question. Nodding, the guard says, "H-he should be watching the cells back that way." while pointing behind himself. Nodding, Anglo walks behind him, and there he is. Blond hair, green eyes, a trademark scar burned around his left eye. Allan Nell, one of the people who wronged her so long ago.

As the two of them walk through to the barracks, silence befalls them both as the door opens...
Sam walks in to see a couple of guards talking, three more eating, and one, wearing different armor, standing there with arms crossed. The guard says, "Alright, we have two guards that have the places in their patrol routes. Sylvia Bane, she's eating, and Trek Iro, he's the stern Captain of the Guard."

(Idle): Jane sits in silence, the patient queen drinking some tea as she waits for the Telrac to speak.

GMN (Game Master's Notes.): Boom! New turn. Hope you liked it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2017, 02:33:03 pm »

"Uh... Aisha is confused."

Aisha draws her baseball bat. Because something's probably going to happen.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »

"You know an awful lot about this plot, doctor. I find this very suspicious. I shall give  you one last chance to tell me everything you know. I suggest you get a better sincerity roll this time."

Hand Dr. Allcright to the runed giant.

"You know what to do."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:40:50 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2017, 08:27:03 pm »

"This Trek sounds like such a good guard seeing all that has happened, let me tell you." Sam would remark before looking Sylvia first, seeing as she seems to be the more easy to get info out of the two. Once she got to her she'd say "Hey you, I need to know about what happened during your oh so observant patrols. I think you know why I'm asking..."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:48 pm »

nevermind
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2017, 10:57:29 pm »

Take the two to the lower deck, and tie them up in separate rooms.

Get straight to the truth using "enhanced interrogation techniques," starting with the cook.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2017, 11:59:20 pm »

Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:35 am »

"Look, the great and wonderful Sum Whan really doesn't have anything against you personally, so he'll drag you out of the sunlight, okay? Then we can get to the interrogation."

Feeling divine pity for the Telrac, the great Sum Whan will drag Siesta's body and head back into the greenhouse out of the sunlight. Don't get the head and body close together yet though, that's for after the interrogation.

If Siesta stops screaming once back into the shadows, ask him if he has anything to say now about our investigation. If he gets uppity about it, throw the head back out the window.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2017, 05:26:58 pm »

nevermind

Erm...what?

My brother and I share the same computer, and I forgot to switch to my account before posting, so I quick-editted it to erase it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2017, 05:54:50 am »

nevermind

Erm...what?

My brother and I share the same computer, and I forgot to switch to my account before posting, so I quick-editted it to erase it.

The implication I'm getting from that is that you and Tomasque are brothers, which is cool if true. Even if it isn't, thanks for the explanation.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2017, 11:25:54 am »

Interrogate Siesta about poisons and antidotes. What would be an antidote for the poison the queen has. Reply to every response that doesn't please me with "I KNOW IT WAS YOU!" and a slap. He should tell me the answer eventually - that's how interrogation works, right?  :P
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »

Action: Forget about the interrogation for the time being and follow Allan, paying close attention to the surroundings and looking for a way to kill him in a way that wouldn't cause suspicion; only confronting him with the warrant if I get noticed.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2017, 05:47:52 pm »

((Sorry! I'll update soon.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2017, 03:01:52 am »

With a perplexed glance towards the screaming Telrac, and a hand firmly grasped around their baseball bat as though clenching the arm of their supporters, the genderfluid Pelagic named Aisha Sokomwe says, "Uh... Aisha is confused.", as they wait to see what's to come.

With furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips, his fingers clenching and unclenching as the gasps of the good doctor wait in bated breath, the Red Agent finally bellows out, "You know an awful lot about this plot, doctor. I find this very suspicious. I shall give  you one last chance to tell me everything you know. I suggest you get a better sincerity roll this time.". Allcright looks to him, a simple "...Sincerity what?" exiting his lips, before he is suddenly flung towards the runed Giant. "You know what to do.", the Red Agent says, as the runes begin glowing brightly. [Affinity: 20] The runed giant turns to the Red Agent, and speaks in Giantanic, "Truth spell.", before passing Allcright back. The Red Agent says, "So, what can you tell me?". Dr. Allcright looks up to him, before laughing out loud and shaking around. "All right, all right. You got me. I'm the one who set off the Alchemy bomb. Gunter Elh? She, and I know they're a she, poisoned her royal disease on us all. But catching us won't solve anything. There's still our comrades in Quinto Gestoal. Giants, Telrac, Humans, Pelagic. Everything in Maladria has at least ten members in our ranks. They can kill, and they will kill. So, other than learning the truth, is there anything else I can do for you today, beast?"

With eyes drawn and staring at each guard, her fists clenched in preparation of the slightest intrusion, Sam turns to the guard and says "This Trek sounds like such a good guard seeing all that has happened, let me tell you.", before dropping her vague grin and taking steps towards Sylvia. Blonde haired, red eyed, with fair skin, she sits there eating before she suddenly sees the horned woman stride up to her, flash her the warrant, and say "Hey you, I need to know about what happened during your oh so observant patrols. I think you know why I'm asking...". Sylvia swallows down her food, taking a napkin to her lips to wipe away any mess, before turning to Sam and saying, "Well, I found evidence linking some people to the crimes. After I finish lunch, I can show you."

A carriage rushes off behind Elena Etsby, Gunter Elh, and Patricia Lightfade as Elena's gunboat rests in front of them. A flag previously bearing stars and stripes has now been carefully painted over with the emblem of the Lorath Police Department: Elena's blessed shotgun surrounded by flames, with each ember, as Elena knows, representing Lorath's heroes of myth and legend. Piling the two into separate rooms, Elena heads off to see Gunter Elh. Tied to a chair, Gunter appears to be looking around the room with an inquisitive gaze, as Elena places his shotgun up to Gunter's kneecap. "So, Elena just wants to ask some questions. If Elena doesn't get answers, Elena makes sure Gunter walks a little less. Got it?" [Intimidation: 15+5 (Carcosian)+10 (Objective)+5 (Appearance: Additional) v 5+8(Blaspheme)]. Gunter gulps down their pride as Elena asks, "Did Gunter poison Queen Tamina?". Gunter nods. [Intimidation: 11+20 (Previous Bonuses) v 13+8] "Can you tell Elena anything else?", he says. Gunter chokes back, their voice raspy and quiet, saying, "Y-yes. Ever heard of Quinto Gestoal?" [Notoriety Check: 14]. At that, Elena leans back and simply says, "Elena's gods...", knowing that Quinto Gestoal is a terrorist organization, linked to several similar events in Staal.

As he looks down at the screaming, dismembered head of Siesta with great pity, the divine and powerful Sum Whan can't help but feel sorry for the gardener as he picks the head up. Siesta stops screaming as Sum Whan says, "Look, the great and wonderful Sum Whan really doesn't have anything against you personally, so he'll drag you out of the sunlight, okay? Then we can get to the interrogation.", before throwing the head back into the shed, along with the body hitting the wall. The head and body aren't close together, however. Siesta is also not screaming, rather looking around as if scouting the place. "So, anything you want to tell Sum Whan?" [Charm: 1-5] Siesta merely looks to him and says, "...Fuck you."

Suddenly, the Svain known as Dankrad Diethard swoops in and says, "Alright, what can you tell me about the Queen's poison? Talk!" [Intimidation: 19+7 (Svain)] Siesta says, "Fine, but only if you won't decap me again! It's a rare poisonous substance called Strektentimene. None of that's growing here.", only to get slapped and yelled at with "I KNOW IT WAS-" [Spot Check: 20], interrupted by Dankrad looking up and seeing nothing that wouldn't be seen in a standard garden in the greenhouse. Turning back to Siesta, he asks "Um...what does the plant look like?", only to be yelled back with "...How the fuck should I know, it doesn't grow here! I only know about it because I did my research on it and its cure. It's antidote does come from the common Selestra plant, but it takes a while to make, through purification. Can I have my hands back now so I strangle you punks for knocking my head off?!"

As the guard known as Allan Nell patrols around the area, sweat beading on his forehead underneath his helmet [Stealth: 17], he misses Anglo Hale taking cover behind a wall as she scouts around, looking for a way to kill the poor man without suspicion. [Spot Check: 20] She spots multiple things that could be used: an anvil, a dropway of tattered, jagged stairs leading down to Solitary, a discarded pair of gloves and a clockwork pistol, and finally: a familiar looking whip. A Barbed Wire Cat O' Nine Tails, just like what was used against her. Gloves plus that equals the kind of karmic justice that keeps Anglo fighting at night. She hesitates for a moment, thinking of a plan.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:37:20 pm by Greatness942 »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:06 am »

Grunt, and ponder for a second. Then, laugh.

"Am I supposed to be offended? Foolish man, you're just like all the other nonexistent people in this world.

You are going to give me a list of names. The names of everyone in your organization. If you don't make this difficult for me, your death will be quick and painless. If not though..."

The Agent makes a tsking noise.

"Oh no, you would not want to do that.

In the meantime, we are going to return to the queen for your confession. Just to be certain that you won't run away, I shall break your legs."

Break Allcright's legs, and return to the Queen. Make sure to get that list of names!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10