Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG  (Read 12119 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2017, 04:11:52 pm »

((Can I be wearing earmuffs or something, so the blast of my blessed shotgun doesn't KO me every time?))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »

Action: Examine the immediate surroundings, and also consider what species that the prince is.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2017, 05:18:30 pm »

Go to the hospital and see what has happened to the queen.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:41:28 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2017, 08:55:22 pm »

Send out some trusted minions to gather intelligence on the attack.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:18:11 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2017, 11:33:59 pm »

Go to the hospital, and ask the queen about the situation.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2017, 08:14:13 pm »

"Oh joy, a quest to go after some assassins, I'm so glad I'm a detective...."
Go to the hospital and see the queen, clearly she's the best bet to figure out what happened, or at the very least the scene's of the varying attempts.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2017, 09:04:54 pm »

"Aisha wants to meet the letter writer himself."

Aisha attempts to get an audience with Prince Alo.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2017, 07:24:59 pm »

((Can I be wearing earmuffs or something, so the blast of my blessed shotgun doesn't KO me every time?))

Sure!

Also, as you might have seen, I haven't done overall stats for the last two characters, nor have I updated one of theirs with their re-rolled stats. Well, after too many times of sticking to one stat out of being sure that I hadn't messed it up, I skipped it for the last few characters. Sorry!

Lorath's finest and highest quality Hospital and Hospice Care, The Lorath Medical Institute, stands tall and mighty, with guards and steam-powered carriages littering the front of the massive building. The naked Carcosian detective, Elena Etsby, flashes his ID at each guard as he makes his way to the front. At the front, two guards stand tall, with one carrying a sword and the other a halberd. "State your business," the guard on the right says, the blade on his sword glistening in the light, "And then state the reasons behind your nakedness. It's freaking me out.". Elena nods and speaks with a simple tone, "Elena want to see the Queen. Queen knows what happened. Alo sent Elena.". After a quick flash of the letter, the guards let him through, though Elena hears, "But yeah, why is he naked?"

Suddenly, as soon as Elena walks through the door, a man in a gimp suit suddenly strolls up to both door-guards in a normal, yet uncanny manner. Sum Whan, as soon as he makes his way to them, opens up with the point of his sudden appearance, "Well, hello. I am the divine Sum Whan. Prince Alo sent me for the reasons of socks-helping the Queen with finding her conspirators against her. Can you tell me what happened, exactly? Motives and such?". While his outfit leaves them suspicious, another quick flash of the letter leaves them silent. The guard on the left, a female with silver armor and the aforementioned halberd, says, "Well, since his Highness said so...alright. We can tell you what happened. It all started two months ago, when a chandelier fell during an awards banquet after a military campaign in Equinox. We assumed it was nothing, and then it happened again,". The guard on the right then says, "Then, whoever the culprit is got more desperate...or, well, intelligent. An alchemical bomb was detonated in the Queen's chambers, mercifully while she was delivering a tour of peace conferences and talks with leaders in Greater Maladria, our neighbors to the north, Cygnus, Staal, and Equinox. Finally, the recent one. A bit of poison in her Majesty's wine. So, now she's bedridden. The dastard was sneaky, too. We only have superficial evidence and clues. With your help, though, we can get them."

With all ten of her arms clenched into a fist, and a request under her breath for the deaths of the pests in front of her, Anglo Hale surveys the area, looking for anything amiss. [d20: 18] Other then the humans, which she feels are amiss, there's only one thing that catches her eye, that being the gimp suit wearing individual calmly chatting to the guards. With a grimace, she tries to remember the species of the Royal Family. [11] "Carcosians. All of them. Can I consider them human or not? Hmm...", she says to herself as she waits outside.

Floating down from above, Dankrad lands on a windowsill and looks through it, spotting Queen Tamina. She is a Carcosian, a pale humanoid, with long black hair. She is in a hospital gown, and actually looks to be bouncing back slightly, as she's awake and grabbing sips of water from a nearby glass without weakness in her bones. Next to her, in official regalia, is her son and the party's employer, Prince Alo, sitting in a chair and reading from a book labeled in a language Dankrad can't understand, which, admittedly, is most of them.

Suddenly, two giantesses show up, the ground shaking under them, as they approach. When they get to the front, the pink-haired giantess leans down and politely speaks, though with a reserved and nervous tone, "Um, our king couldn't come here, yet. O-Official duties. Can you tell us what happened, so we can tell him. Please?". The guards tell her the same thing that they told Sum Whan, and thus they begin their trek back.

Something almost blows Dankrad off of the windowsill, as someone, a Telrac, pops up into the room. "Holycrapholycrapholycrap! My queen, or not my queen, but well, y'know, are you alright? Oh, I hope you aren't coughing up anything you shouldn't! Oh, when Morty hears this-", though she is silenced by a wave of the Queen's hand. "Relax, Ms...?". The Telrac bows and says, "Jane. It's an honor to meet you. What happened?". Prince Alo, looking up and smiling politely, says, "In due time. We're waiting for the rest of my summons. If you'd like to take a seat, Jane.".

"Oh joy, a quest to go after some assassins, I'm so glad I'm a detective....", says "Stone Cold" Sam as she walks through the door to see a nervous Telrac sitting in a chair and a Svain on the windowsill. Next to the Telrac is Prince Alo, reading a book, which makes Sam cough in nervousness. Bumping past her, Elena walks in, which then makes Sam adopt a face of disgust as she, too, walks in.

Popping in around the corner of the door's frame, a Pelagic breathes in before speaking out with, "Aisha wants to meet the letter writer himself.". Prince Alo beckons them in, allowing Aisha to walk in.

With everyone wishing an audience with the Royal Family in the room (save for Dankrad, who's in the window), Queen Tamina smiles and says, "Well, Alo's hired some interesting characters. It's good to meet you all, no matter appearance or background.", to which everyone bows politely. Alo says, "I suppose you need our perspective on the events that transpired. Two months ago, attacks began on my mother in public places. The guards and my letter may have told you what happened, but my mother knows some things about what happened that not even the guards do.". Queen Tamina says, "I only know one thing about my would-be killer, yet I had to keep it secret. They work for me. I don't know what job, though. Gardener, inventor, cook, maid, I'm not sure. I hope this helps you.", before smiling again. Alo then hands them paper showing the names and basic appearances of the rest of the party. "Here. These are your helpers. One more thing. This whole operation must be off the books, so that the public doesn't know. The guards will, from now on, only directly assist in your business if I allow it. You also need an internal name, so as not to be confused with our Royal investigators. Good luck."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »

"Aisha wants to leave the planning to the smarter folks."

Aisha watches and waits.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »

"The divine Sum Whan says: Shouldn't we just execute all of your eployees then, just to be sure? That seems like the easiest solution."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2017, 08:00:54 pm »

On the horizon, the Agent appears and makes its way to the hospital, peeking through the window.

"My apologies for the delay shortfolk, countries do not run themselves."

The Agent's mask turns to face Sum Whan.

"Even in the real world, such zeal would be a mistake. In my superior opinion, I suggest that we begin with interrogations of the staff."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2017, 12:39:37 am »

Sam rolls her eyes at Sum's idea and says in a clearly sarcastic tone. "Oh thats a great idea with no repercussions at all, I mean, its not like doing that would cause a large amount of skilled, loyal, and innocent people to die or anything, oh no, in reality they are all conspiring against their rightful ruler." she then glares daggers at him before sighing and turning back to the queen and saying. "Do you know of anyone who isn't a suspect? Like, any particular people who couldn't possibly be related to all this?"
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2017, 11:26:08 am »

"There is no need to be so sarcistic towards the great and divine Sum Whan's idea. Sum Whan simply said that it would be the most straightforward and effective method to eliminate any traitors on the staff payroll.

The great and wonderful Sum Whan is totally okay with interrogating the staff one by one."

Help out with interrogating.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:38:20 pm by Pancaek »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2017, 05:00:01 pm »

Action: Request a list of employees, and information about them.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2017, 05:18:11 pm »

"I... know a cure..." growls Dankrad. It would be inaudible had he not been face to face with the queen. "It requires many ingredients. I need... to see your gardens."

If allowed, Dankrad goes to the gardens and begins looking around.

((And so the confidence scam begins!))

((Also, what does "Diggy Hole" do?))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10