Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77709 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #675 on: April 07, 2017, 07:38:50 pm »

I'd have to be "preserved" according to PW.

I'd only prefer Verne's old body if I'd be a zombie in either case.
But Tony is on ice, while Verne's completely poisoned, which might make a difference.
So I'd rather use Tony's body if it made me... fresher.
Either can be preserved. The point is that because the body isn't alive, its gonna start rotting and that will render it unusable after a while. Grab some chem 3 and you can embalm it to stop that.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 07, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »

Mechanically, what would be the difference between Verne, just before he poisoned himself, and a new character? Let this one die and make a new one - yu haven't lost anything, and we gain a corpse with additional tags.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 07, 2017, 10:31:05 pm »

"Let yourself die because you're just as good as a new character." That is so, SO METAGAMEY, and I hate it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 07, 2017, 11:08:31 pm »

I am asking a metagame question about progression.

I don't care what NJW does with Toxic Pete.

Though, the best solution would be to get some deep and some weird materials and live on, as he is, forever a health risk to those around him, constantly in danger of damaging sensitive equipment, and routinely losing hair, skin, teeth and other bits around the Bore or in fights.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 07, 2017, 11:41:52 pm »

TBH, I'm amazed that radioactive crap hasn't been spread everywhere.  There's been tons of radioactive accidents where exactly that happened.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 08, 2017, 04:00:14 am »

Thanks for the info. In that case, I guess I'll keep Verne's body.

Thinking about it, if I'm radioactive, wouldn't that kill microorganisms and fungi?

Evidently the solution here is to consume more toxins...

I like the "toxic blood" perk too. Definitely Verne.

Yeah, most efficient thing would be to get a new character with more efficient stats. Or two of them. Or hell, why not six? But even the degradation of my body appeals to me. Something about DIG's system makes me want to carry the torch of transhumanism.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 08, 2017, 07:46:28 am »

Figured you would. I'll change my action. We can worry about building a still to make preservatives later.

Plan 'choke a bitch' is a go.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 10, 2017, 07:57:09 pm »

How does getting knowledge work again?  Just action "lol get me sum noleeg?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #683 on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:24 pm »

How does getting knowledge work again?  Just action "lol get me sum noleeg?"
Its gonna be handed out at the end of our current hijinks in this area. It works kinda like tokens in ER, where you get more for doing things. So like finding the moth will get oz's character's some if they had anything to get it for.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 11, 2017, 02:16:58 pm »

Since it'll probably come up: can Sif's body be repaired into decent-enough condition, or will we have to find a replacement head?
If it's the latter, would a lvl.2 deep sea ball (deep 2/smooth 4/Organic 4) suffice?

Oh, you better not.  I've spent the whole game trying to get out of that body, and you have plenty of time to obtain a superior one.  Just take some otherwise worthless storeroom metal and make something out of that, and then use all the wonderful tags contained within the human body for whatever.  That way, it's a win-win.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 11, 2017, 03:31:24 pm »

I'm sure Bargthor will be willing to shoot you again.

((Oh, you'll have to sort out getting your weapon back.  I didn't figure the vultures would be quite so quick.))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:01:03 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 12, 2017, 06:29:03 am »

Since it'll probably come up: can Sif's body be repaired into decent-enough condition, or will we have to find a replacement head?
If it's the latter, would a lvl.2 deep sea ball (deep 2/smooth 4/Organic 4) suffice?
Oh, you better not.  I've spent the whole game trying to get out of that body, and you have plenty of time to obtain a superior one.  Just take some otherwise worthless storeroom metal and make something out of that, and then use all the wonderful tags contained within the human body for whatever.  That way, it's a win-win.

Lucky me then that you're in no position to make demands, mr. disembodied ghost  :P

But seriously, given the deep sea heat level there is right now I don't think it'll take all that long before something tries to eat your soul (or attack mine while working). Moreover, there's other things that I already promised people I'd help with (building reinforced suits to send backup down, build those clawgloves, a still to prevent Verne from falling apart, to name a few), and if I put you into a patched-up body now there's nothing preventing us from then transferring you again later. That'll also give us (or Engie, should he return) the time to construct a really good body instead of rushing things now.

Finally, did Sif ever mention his wish for a better body to Joshua in-game? I know you've mentioned it before, but I'm unsure if my character was ever around to hear that.

FAKEDIT: wait, didn't midjag try to build a terminator at one point? Might have been during the old build system though, so he probably didn't finish it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 12, 2017, 07:33:05 am »

Nameles is always up for physically tearing someone's head off. He'll start a collection.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 12, 2017, 01:07:39 pm »

You wouldn't be rushing anything, Sifeebt has 81 mind, and loses five per turn.  You have sixteen turns to build a body, which requires a grand total of two successful rolls, neither of which actually require you to do them; they could just as easily be done by any of a myriad of idlers on the bore.  Beyond that, there is a cost to reviving him now and then building a body later--he'll have double the revival penalty.  And that's if being temporarily revived somehow makes people more willing to help make a body, which I find doubtful.

Oh, I just remembered that the doc says a body is completely destroyed if it takes twice its body stat in damage.  So you don't have a choice.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 12, 2017, 01:09:50 pm »

Totally up for assembling a body out of cardboard and poison for Sifbeet.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51