Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77411 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2017, 09:48:57 am »

We now have a wiki, thanks to the indomitable RC

Even a nice image text thing to get to it. I have added it to the OP.  And I think I'll pay knowledge to our wikignomes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2017, 11:26:22 am »

Edit: I put in a list of characters. I believe it is basically accurate to date. I haven't checked the ooc thread for stragglers though.
Eh, if the actually active people are on there that's a good start already, thanks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks go to syv for helping me get the logo right and improving the tab icon, as well as dev for help with the background. And people like midjag and adwarf (and others I'm shamefully forgetting) for general feedback on looks. I have an aesthetics sense of approximately negative ten, so any help on that front is appreciated.

I'm gonna start porting over the rules and info from the docs files before moving on to info from the thread. We'll see how far I get today, but as always any help, no matter how small it may seem, is welcomed.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »

I made a basic character sheet template. it's nowhere near as polished as the ER one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2017, 12:00:00 am »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2017, 12:12:53 pm »

@Piecewise
Is the Lexicon game part of the Digverse, or are they just thematically similar?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:34:12 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »

@Piecewise
Is the Lexicon game part of the Digverse, or are they just thematically similar?
I'm crowdsourcing the backstory of Dig~

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 06, 2017, 01:25:29 pm »

@Piecewise

Called it!

I'm 300% going to make it more Metro: Last Light even if it kills me or Fishman.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #427 on: February 06, 2017, 01:59:25 pm »

@Piecewise

Called it!

I'm 300% going to make it more Metro: Last Light even if it kills me or Fishman.
Really I just stumbled across the lexicon system (Whenever I make systems I end up doing a hell of a lot of research on other systems, looking for good or similar ideas to incorporate) and liked the idea a lot. I chose this topic because, well, DIG's backstory was intentionally never going to be examined; Bad shit happened up there, we don't talk about it, and few people even know exactly what happened. But I figured it might be interesting to see what people think up.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:10 pm »

Hmm, another technique idea shot down, seems like I'm thinking in the wrong direction here.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 07, 2017, 07:33:53 am »

You were. A good pilot.
Is it weird that in my head Nameless sounds like Richard Harrow from Boardwalk Empire?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 07, 2017, 02:43:41 pm »

You were. A good pilot.
Is it weird that in my head Nameless sounds like Richard Harrow from Boardwalk Empire?
Had to do a little you-tubing to find out. Saw him on a killing spree, then saw him talking to some kid from behind the bar. Seems legit. Only thing is, Harrow looks to have some pretty fly blast skills, whereas Nameless is entirely Fight.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 07, 2017, 04:12:55 pm »

Recipe request

A distillery we could use to turn some organic things into booze (chemical) for use to make healing, or to trade with the denizens of the deep.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:15:18 pm by The Lupanian »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 07, 2017, 08:17:06 pm »

Migrating to OOC:
(So.. how is permanent damage healed?)
((I believe it is something like "at a rate of 10 an hour while in a safe place like the bore. Assuming, of course, that the bore isn't itself in combat during those times.))
((If only we had some sort of location where information like that could be archived... ( :P)

Anyways, here's the healing info from the docs file:
Healing
After combat ends, each surviving participant rolls Recover. If they succeed, they regain body and mind points equal to the success of the recovery, up to full. If they fail, however, any of that damage becomes permanent until they return to the Bore or other safe place, where they then heal at a rate of 10 per every 20 hours. This can compound. So, for example, if a player has 100 body points, loses 20, and then fails their recover roll, then their max drops to 80. If they lose another 20 and fail again, then their max drops to 60. That means that even if they succeed on other rolls, their body will be capped at 60.  This lost health can be recovered with items. So a player with their body capped at 60 who used a first aid kit and got +10 body would go up to 70 max body and recover points up to there.
Emphasis mine.

In other words, since each square on the map is 5 hours of drilling, 4 squares per 10 healing body and/or mind.))

I think this rule should be changed to something like 2/3 body/mind regenned per space drilled.  Either slightly faster or slower, but requires less bean counting.  I also think it might be best if the amount regenned is increased, just to make things move more quickly--as is, unless I'm severely underestimating the number of spaces drilled per interesting thing found, people will barely regen any body and mind between expeditions.

Then again, healing rolls could offset that.  If body can be healed with build and a medkit, then builders might be able to make sure everyone has full body before each expedition.  Mind is still a problem though, unless it can be healed with Transcend or something.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 07, 2017, 09:33:50 pm »

That feels like an argument primarily in favor of those without decent endure or recover stats. I think upping the recover rate will make those stats less useful and reduce the value of straight combat builds in favor of transcend and build ones.

Note that in that last combat: R_C's character could do things the rest of us had no effect over, while his actions had immediate and deadly consequences for the rest of us.
I nthe same way, drivers hold our fate in their hands.
And builders, well, as long as they stay on teh ship, they can basically make whatever their little hearts desire at this point

so - fighters and gunners already are at a disadvantage, reliant on pilots, divers, and builders before they can do much of use.

Ah, wait, i see. You have no recover at all! On a fighter build, no less. So, upping the 'safety' recover rate gets you (and the divers) out there quicker, but makes my point distribution less valuable.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2017, 12:56:48 am »

Per space recovery would help with the bookkeeping.

two-three points per space doesn't sound hugely broken.  All said, I'd rather keep regeneration low overall.  As long as we can keep things moving.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51