Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77377 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »

If it's just to run away, how's this instead:  A skill that simply removes the fact that you have to pass a dodge move before running away. Call it Autoflee. The cost will be that you can't act the following turn, even if they catch up with you.
Sounds interesting. How much knowledge? And not acting, does that just include an action post, or any and all rolls (eg. Defensive ones)? What would prevent an enemy to just walk up to me again the next turn while I'm standing there?

Also, how much knowledge for the ability to shift around attribute points upon reanimating something? With potentially a sort of extra loss to compensate (eg for every 10 points moved around 5 more points have to be deleted, meaning less overall points).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2017, 02:52:40 pm »

From a metagamey perspective, might be good to have someone manipulating the deep alongside RC right now. Perhaps the Bore should be radio'd? Do we have any other shamans?

Kinda lapsed into watching, but I could make a sheet for my mole monk in the new system and help out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2017, 02:54:50 pm »

If it's just to run away, how's this instead:  A skill that simply removes the fact that you have to pass a dodge move before running away. Call it Autoflee. The cost will be that you can't act the following turn, even if they catch up with you.
Sounds interesting. How much knowledge? And not acting, does that just include an action post, or any and all rolls (eg. Defensive ones)? What would prevent an enemy to just walk up to me again the next turn while I'm standing there?

Also, how much knowledge for the ability to shift around attribute points upon reanimating something? With potentially a sort of extra loss to compensate (eg for every 10 points moved around 5 more points have to be deleted, meaning less overall points).
Yeah, no actions or rolls. All peeing yourself. lets say 250 knowledge.

So like an imperfect death respec kinda thing?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2017, 02:56:29 pm »

Yeah, no actions or rolls. All peeing yourself. lets say 250 knowledge.

So like an imperfect death respec kinda thing?

Sort of? But mostly for reanimating things, not reincarnation or ressurection (though if that can be added for no extra cost, that's just fiiine by me). So I don't have a bunch of minions with uselessly low skill in everything.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:44:21 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2017, 03:44:29 pm »

The skills of a resurrected body are entirely decided by the thing you put in it. Afraid I can't change that.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »

The skills of a resurrected body are entirely decided by the thing you put in it. Afraid I can't change that.

Wait, really? Not the level from which the creature came? Cause this is what the rules currently say:

Reanimation is the act of animating a once living body, but without returning its original mind to it. Instead the animated body is filled with creatures from the Deep Sea; their competence and capacities are highly dependant on what creatures are used. . In order to do this, a player needs to enter the Deep Sea and subdue a creature via beating it in combat. Once this is done, it is placed into the body via a successful transcend roll. The depth of the creature determines the stats of the newly raised body. Bodies begin with a base 25 in all abilities for first level creatures  and gain +5 to all abilities for each level from 2 to 5 and +10 for each level from 6-10. So Depth 3 would be 35, and depth 7 would be 65 in all abilities. The max at 10 is 95 in all abilities. Anything below 40 will be mindless servants that do as they are told, but the higher they get, the more intelligent and difficult to command they may become.

So did the rules change in this regard, or did I misunderstand something? Or are you just saying no to the idea of the ability itself? Lore-wise the idea is that I would mold and bend the mind to fit the purpose I need, at the cost that this damages the mind itself (and thus lowers stat total).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:21:26 pm by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2017, 05:09:19 pm »

Wait, really? Not the level from which the creature came? Cause this is what the rules currently say:

Reanimation is the act of animating a once living body, but without returning its original mind to it. Instead the animated body is filled with creatures from the Deep Sea; their competence and capacities are highly dependant on what creatures are used. . In order to do this, a player needs to enter the Deep Sea and subdue a creature via beating it in combat. Once this is done, it is placed into the body via a successful transcend roll. The depth of the creature determines the stats of the newly raised body. Bodies begin with a base 25 in all abilities for first level creatures  and gain +5 to all abilities for each level from 2 to 5 and +10 for each level from 6-10. So Depth 3 would be 35, and depth 7 would be 65 in all abilities. The max at 10 is 95 in all abilities. Anything below 40 will be mindless servants that do as they are told, but the higher they get, the more intelligent and difficult to command they may become.

So did the rules change in this regard, or did I misunderstand something? Or are you just saying no to the idea of the ability itself? Lore-wise the idea is that I would mold and bend the mind to fit the purpose I need, at the cost that this damages the mind itself (and thus lowers stat total).

No, thats just what I mean. Their stats vary depending on what they are and what they are is defined by level, if that makes sense.

I may have to mess with those numbers though. make it so its more like they start at 50 in all and get +5 per level.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2017, 06:44:22 pm »

No, no, the current system makes a lot of sense.  If you want something that isn't just cannon fodder, you have to actually put a lot of effort in.  Being able to grab things with 50 in everything (I.E. triple the total stat points of a player) from L1 is ludicrously powerful.  Especially if the difficulty to control them increases to match, since that would mean a player could have lots of powerful but mindless servants for little more than the cost of the bodies.

...Although, I could see increasing the later depths stat bonuses more, so that level 10 stuff is beyond 100 in everything.  If L10 is editting how reality itself works, you'd expect a being that lives there to just autosucceed under normal circumstances, at the very least on Transcend rolls.  At the same time I don't think the lower levels should grant more than +5, for the above stated reasons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »

No, no, the current system makes a lot of sense.  If you want something that isn't just cannon fodder, you have to actually put a lot of effort in.  Being able to grab things with 50 in everything (I.E. triple the total stat points of a player) from L1 is ludicrously powerful.  Especially if the difficulty to control them increases to match, since that would mean a player could have lots of powerful but mindless servants for little more than the cost of the bodies.

...Although, I could see increasing the later depths stat bonuses more, so that level 10 stuff is beyond 100 in everything.  If L10 is editting how reality itself works, you'd expect a being that lives there to just autosucceed under normal circumstances, at the very least on Transcend rolls.  At the same time I don't think the lower levels should grant more than +5, for the above stated reasons.
Fair enough. As is beings on level 10 have 150 in all stats so their earthly bodies should be fairly similar.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2017, 08:57:21 am »

Sy, you don't do more damage because you have a starting weapon. I mean, I can throw in a thing about criting if you roll significantly more than the other guy, but I feel you're gonna regret that when you roll 79 and some mook rolls 2 and one shots you.

Still, if you'd like we can do it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2017, 03:38:38 pm »

Fair enough. As is beings on level 10 have 150 in all stats so their earthly bodies should be fairly similar.

I rather agree that the starting skill numbers don't need to be boosted. Hell, for all I care the starting statpoints could be nerfed if that opened up the possibility of shifting a few points around in some form.

Sy, you don't do more damage because you have a starting weapon. I mean, I can throw in a thing about criting if you roll significantly more than the other guy, but I feel you're gonna regret that when you roll 79 and some mook rolls 2 and one shots you.

You could maybe adapt the overkill rule?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2017, 05:11:46 pm »

Just ignore me, I'm always going to find things to complain about.  System works as-is, shouldn't change it just because the Munchkin is unhappy about something.
Lets make it so that 30 more than an opponent is double damage and 50 more is triple damage.

I rather agree that the starting skill numbers don't need to be boosted. Hell, for all I care the starting statpoints could be nerfed if that opened up the possibility of shifting a few points around in some form.

You could maybe adapt the overkill rule?
I'll think about how to handle it. If I wanted to go REALLY weird, I'd just say "Sparks give +1 to dex, Cinders give +1 to fire, Glow worms give +4 to X , etc"

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 31, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »

Huh. I might need a new body after this.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 01, 2017, 12:31:04 am »

OOC, I now know what Bargthor is going to want a rifle bipod made out of.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51