Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77345 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2017, 12:10:26 am »

Oh and I should add one thing: Some tags can be added or modified on materials. Not all of them, obviously. Steel bar will not get that organic tag no matter how much gore you rub on it. But You can sharpen things, polish things smooth and make them into protective plates.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2017, 01:39:56 am »

It's almost like piecewise cannot stop making tinkering possible in his games.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2017, 02:37:52 am »

It's almost like piecewise cannot stop making tinkering possible in his games.

People like crafting. I can't help it.

Also the problem with tinker was mainly Armor penetration and the like. Shit people asked me I had no idea about because there was no mechanic.

Here there's like 15-20 pieces you can use, with 10 qualities each. And stuff like armor is a hard number.  Doing this stuff doesn't really bother me. Only problem I foresee is potentially things being OP in the long run but WORRYABOUTTHATLATER

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2017, 01:59:44 pm »

What would one need to build the following:
1) depth drive
See radio for depth drive,

I think you got cut off here? Or were you referring to Pancaek maybe?

About the mantra: since it isn't an item, could perhaps that still be acquired using knowledge?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2017, 02:36:59 pm »

1) depth drive

About the mantra: since it isn't an item, could perhaps that still be acquired using knowledge?
The mantra is found, not made. As I've said, there are things living in the Deep and you're gonna have to talk to them.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2017, 02:41:38 pm »

1) depth drive

The mantra is found, not made. As I've said, there are things living in the Deep and you're gonna have to talk to them.
Well yes, but the rules state: "Likewise, a mystic cannot construct his divine tools nor bargain with the otherworldly using petty human knowhow." which implies that getting a mantra requires, or at least heavily benefits from, gathering knowledge for it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2017, 02:54:55 pm »

1) depth drive

Well yes, but the rules state: "Likewise, a mystic cannot construct his divine tools nor bargain with the otherworldly using petty human knowhow." which implies that getting a mantra requires, or at least heavily benefits from, gathering knowledge for it.

That was old crafting. Mostly now you just need objects from the Deep.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2017, 10:14:58 am »

((So I couldn't see anything holding the crystal up?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2017, 12:21:17 pm »

You saw the spider webs that you saw earlier.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2017, 01:13:03 pm »

You saw the spider webs that you saw earlier.
Oh, thought it was a line.  Can't really shoot a web.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2017, 05:55:00 pm »

What would an armored robe require?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »

Could a person that isn't super active still make any sort of meaningful contribution? I've been lurking a while but haven't played anything lately.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »

@Piecewise
Why is sticky stuff always needed?  Is it impossible to just weld or rivet metal together?  It just seems odd that full plate mail needs glue.

Quote from: Piecewise
Both robot bodies will have the same setups, the body will be based on the roll of the builder. And are we talking full robot or robocop style? Robocop would be easier but more vulnerable than full robo.

Full robot.  What sort of materials would it need, and how would it be different from a human?

@Underwater Rifle
Russia gets the best toys... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_underwater_rifle

Oz was correct, that's an amphibious assault rifle which fires five inch long metal darts, at ~350 rounds per minute underwater.  The modern version uses much shorter two inch long bolts that are mostly inside the brass, which is much more boring, and probably less effective.

FTFY.  Otherwise, it implies you're blaming the existence of tinker fans caused you to add Tinker, which is patently false.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2017, 08:49:01 pm »

@Piecewise
Why is sticky stuff always needed?  Is it impossible to just weld or rivet metal together?  It just seems odd that full plate mail needs glue.

Both robot bodies will have the same setups, the body will be based on the roll of the builder. And are we talking full robot or robocop style? Robocop would be easier but more vulnerable than full robo.

Full robot.  What sort of materials would it need, and how would it be different from a human?

@Underwater Rifle
Russia gets the best toys... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_underwater_rifle

Oz was correct, that's an amphibious assault rifle which fires five inch long metal darts, at ~350 rounds per minute underwater.  The modern version uses much shorter two inch long bolts that are mostly inside the brass, which is much more boring, and probably less effective.

FTFY.  Otherwise, it implies you're blaming the existence of tinker fans caused you to add Tinker, which is patently false.
Sticky, as defined, is just something that can be used to attach two things. Glue counts, but so do nails, welds and rivets. As well as stitches to hold padding together inside said platemail.

Full robot would several machinery 5 as well as several structural of at least 3. You'll also need sensing 2, 3 and 5 for your senses and transmitting 2. Some sticky 3 as well to bolt it all together.

Could a person that isn't super active still make any sort of meaningful contribution? I've been lurking a while but haven't played anything lately.
Sure, probably not as meaningful as someone always helping, but currently the bore does need someone to load, aim and fire cannons.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51