Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77287 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2017, 05:57:00 pm »

Mine's more: There's a bear. See it's large claws and sharp teeth? See it's snarling snout? hear it's angry growl? it seems unpleased. Best not poke it. You sure you wanna poke it? You've been horribly mauled. Wanna poke the bear again? No? How abut this badger. it's smaller, but still pretty vicious. you should totally poke this one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2017, 06:04:08 pm »

By the way, just to let ya guys know, because things are made by you in game they can vary in form. So that soldier's suit can pretty much be anything so long as its a big suit of semi-modern plate armor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2017, 10:35:08 pm »

Can we t... toy with the designs a bit, adding penalties and benefits?  For instance, piling on way more armor onto the soldier suit, reducing move/dodge/cover in exchange for extra damage reduction?
Maybe, but its gonna be limited. No getting better than higher tier armor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2017, 10:36:17 pm »

Also, GE’s Hardiman was the shit.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2017, 12:14:51 am »

"I dub thee.. Dr. Claw"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2017, 12:42:55 am »

He'll get you next time, Gadget.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2017, 09:37:30 am »

Couldn't you just use the Bore's legs? Either stand on the riverbed or grip the two walls.
Perhaps, though the water is described as being kinda wild, and I don't know if the drill's legs could stretch all the way to the sides of the cavern. Still, yeah, we have plenty of options, but since we only have 1 pilot it'll be her who gets to decide I guess.

MJ's also a pilot, and a bit more specced for offensive combat.  No dodge, but he actually has Blast, and therefore isn't useless in a fight.

Well wadda'ya know, he is. Must've missed him. That's good, now we have a backup pilot, less chance we get stranded here (we could always have someone generate a new pilot char out of thin air if we ever run out I guess, but that feels kinda lame).

By the way, just to let ya guys know, because things are made by you in game they can vary in form. So that soldier's suit can pretty much be anything so long as its a big suit of semi-modern plate armor.
Can we t... toy with the designs a bit, adding penalties and benefits?  For instance, piling on way more armor onto the soldier suit, reducing move/dodge/cover in exchange for extra damage reduction?
Maybe, but its gonna be limited. No getting better than higher tier armor.

That sounds interesting... What would be the requirements for doing this? An extra build roll? And do we have to specify such modifications beforehand?

For the record, I'm reasonably sure Pancaek won't be switching out the chance to run around in a crypto-fascist's wet dream of an armored suit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:49:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2017, 01:05:07 pm »

Oh. I thought I had control, but I'm actually counting 420 points out of 400, not included my +10 to build. Glad I looked! Time to fix that, haha.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2017, 02:00:42 pm »

For the record, I'm reasonably sure Pancaek won't be switching out the chance to run around in a crypto-fascist's wet dream of an armored suit.
Fascist armour is best armour.

The Jin-Roh armour is up there with my personal favourites for sure. Helghast armour is similar, but doesn't have the cool armoured plates.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2017, 04:36:43 pm »

Well fuck. AT&T has finally pissed me off enough to say screw it and move on to another carrier. God I hate that fucking company. Sadly, unless I go pay as you go, no one is cheaper. And none are loyal to the customer, They don't give a fuck at all. Hell, you need a phone for work and so forth, so they got you over a barrel. I Really hate phone companies. I have for 20 years now. They're worse than pharmaceutical companies.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2017, 04:39:23 pm »

we need an autopilot or for someone reliable to switch to piloting or this game is gonna be mostly faffing about in the bore while builders build and fighters spar.

Preferably an autopilot for plot stability.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2017, 04:50:13 pm »

-snip-
phone and internet companies are the worst.

You know what else is bullshit? Eyeglasses frames. I can understand that I've got to pay a decent chunk of money for the lenses, because they need to be just right and the optician needs to fit them to sit correctly on my face and whatnot. But the frames have no business costing 150+ euro.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 17, 2017, 06:35:32 pm »

We could do a small timeskip, let the builders finish whatever they're doing and get butts in seats to start exploring.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2017, 08:15:12 pm »

We could do a small timeskip, let the builders finish whatever they're doing and get butts in seats to start exploring.
We're gonna be waiting for the builder/drivers every frikken mission. PW is already manipulating time so builders can work faster while we are on missions.
if we need to rely on a player to cart us around, it's gonna be problematic. build is gonna become super unbalanced, and we're all gonna be dependent on drivers for everything. they decide where the machine goes, they decide when the crawler goes out, they decide which locations to explore.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51