Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77707 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #660 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:18 am »

Do we have radios or another form of long range communication in Dig? Or am I going to have to leg it all the way up to the bore to get some help with the (maybe)notnukedoor?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:01 am »

I could dive down and check it out/help, though I'd like to wait a turn or two longer to let that monster wander away.

We could try to adjust the diving suits so that fleshies can get down there as well. Or see about coaxing Barghtor to help, he's a robutt as well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:19 am »

Deep ascetics can be used as human radios. But someone would have to contact you.

They could even blow the door open for you.

By the way, a Deep user should try and create a cavitation bubble. It'd be pretty deadly in combat, especially in liquids.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #663 on: March 26, 2017, 09:34:58 am »

Do we have radios or another form of long range communication in Dig? Or am I going to have to leg it all the way up to the bore to get some help with the (maybe)notnukedoor?
We have radios but there's a big fucking ball of worms and rock blocking your signal currently. If you swim off to the side  a bit, you should get a signal.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 26, 2017, 07:41:14 pm »

We have radios but there's a big fucking ball of worms and rock blocking your signal currently. If you swim off to the side  a bit, you should get a signal.

Why don't you go ahead and expedite that. We're back to two people active outside the Bore.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 29, 2017, 12:59:47 pm »

It doesn't have anime eyes or anything but [...] its not horribly grotesque or anything.

>Implying that anime eyes aren't horribly grotesque on their own.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 03, 2017, 04:41:06 pm »

While Verne can keep himself busy, other characters stuck on the
Bore might be feeling a little impatient. Unless we plan to fight the worms, how about we leave  pancaek behind, and he follow the cable behind us when ready?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 03, 2017, 04:48:56 pm »

Why don't you guys try to modify some diving suits (armoring them up, most likely) so they can withstand the pressure? That way more people can explore the deep underground structures. I'd be willing to help with that once the barricade is cleared, though other people would have to make the plans/discus with pw whether that works and gather the materials (don't really have any find myself).

I don't think him following the cables would really work out given that each square is multiple hours of digging. He'd be stranded probably (though being a robutt at least he won't die of exposure).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 05, 2017, 05:54:48 pm »

Solid rock: progress is slows.

Moving ever on, I think I may need the entirety of Tony's remaining body. But I can replace everything I take, possibly with a new tag added!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 07, 2017, 09:03:07 am »

Got answer from pw:
Would it be possible to let Verne die, then just put him back in his original body? The poison will still be there, but since he's a zombie at that point I don't know if that'll still be a problem.

You could do that, yes. Though he'll be radioactive and poisonous.

So yeah, we better stick to the current plan and put you in Tony's body, lest you radiate everybody constantly (might have to get some containment for the soon-to-be corpse, in fact, or dump it to be safe).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 07, 2017, 09:07:09 am »

The corpse should only have trace amounts, so unless someone hugs it for warmth at nights, we could probably keep it for parts.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 07, 2017, 09:17:45 am »

Someone did take Tony's head. I believe someone else has been looting much of Tony's remains as well.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #672 on: April 07, 2017, 09:21:49 am »

Got answer from pw:
Would it be possible to let Verne die, then just put him back in his original body? The poison will still be there, but since he's a zombie at that point I don't know if that'll still be a problem.

So yeah, we better stick to the current plan and put you in Tony's body, lest you radiate everybody constantly (might have to get some containment for the soon-to-be corpse, in fact, or dump it to be safe).
The radiation would be minor, but his body fluids would be toxic so if he got injured he might poison people around him if they got splashed. But only if there's skin contact, and the poision effect would be minor.

Just don't  do anything that involves taking in his bodily fluids.

Oh and make sure to preserve him

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 07, 2017, 10:09:54 am »

Got answer from pw:

The radiation would be minor, but his body fluids would be toxic so if he got injured he might poison people around him if they got splashed. But only if there's skin contact, and the poision effect would be minor.

Just don't  do anything that involves taking in his bodily fluids.

Oh and make sure to preserve him

In that case: NJW, would you prefer to hang on to your old body? If yes, Joshua could choke Verne out from lvl.3 and then immediately put his spirit back, minimizing damage to the body.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 07, 2017, 02:14:49 pm »

I'd have to be "preserved" according to PW.

I'd only prefer Verne's old body if I'd be a zombie in either case.
But Tony is on ice, while Verne's completely poisoned, which might make a difference.
So I'd rather use Tony's body if it made me... fresher.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51