Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Flames, Germans, and a Demonic Girl  (Read 5804 times)

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
  • I hope I win the big cash.
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test)
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2017, 07:47:13 am »

((yeah, I'm in))
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:01:38 am by Poohbah »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:44 pm »

((Sorry for my absence, I had... connectivity problems. Anyhow, yes Poohbah is in. I should have mentioned it before, but I forgot. I worked on it with him face to face. But I digress, turns will be coming up soon and I'll try to do them on time if I encounter problems. Thank you for bearing with me.))

TURN 9

Jack helps Shelly to get to the newly arrived medic. She's just in need of a bandage and some antiseptic.

Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Shelly asks Jack, the closest non-injured teammate for help with moving to the medic. He begins administering morphine.

Spoiler: Shelly (click to show/hide)

Slobodan pulls Richard to better cover behind a tree. He begins firing into the distance near the T junction where this street joins the main avenue.

After his burst of fire, his hearing returns so he can hear Richard screaming in pain, but no return fire.

Spoiler: Slobodan (click to show/hide)

Richard is pulled to a better cover position, where he begins to radio in for a Willy Peter round. White Phosphorus for those who don't know. "Copy that, dropping Willy Peter on grid coordinates G-35; C-12. Be advised, danger close. I repeat, danger close."

The area in question is the intersection two houses down. The rounds slam into the street and houses nearby, throwing flaming Phosphorus for hundreds of feet, setting houses aflame, scouring all life from those areas. A bit of the flaming stuff hits Richard and Slobodan, but they roll off, starting little tiny fires that are easily put out with a slap or two.

-$25
Spoiler: Richard (click to show/hide)

Andrew hits the girl in the head with his rifle. Over and over again. All the while repeatedly shouting "Die!" He hits her again. He head is now hamburger. Her eyes have burst, her nose is cracked open, the rest of her face is unrecognizable as even vaguely human. She gurgles some gibberish and then breathes her last. The veil is dropped and now Andrew sees a lone German soldier wielding an MP-40 halfway down the alley. Both are stricken. The guy looks at the dead girl and then back at Andrew. He looks to be about 23-ish. He looks down at his gun, then back at Andrew, again. He looks troubled by indecision before he finally says"You are American, no?" He lowers his gun.

Spoiler: Andrew (click to show/hide)

Ethan is left there unable to do much as he sits there regaining his strength.

Spoiler: Ethan (click to show/hide)

Karl arrives on the scene fully expecting to find a group of battle worn, bloody and torn up guys, but what he finds is some rather good patchwork done on the fly. So he doesn't need to do much here with Shelly, Jack, or Ethan.

Spoiler: Karl (click to show/hide)

Bullets no longer rain down from the sky.

Mission Budget: $3301
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2017, 01:05:53 am »

I guess i'll get banaged up and rejoin the fight later (i.e. after the zombie kid is dead dead, kill it with fire! burn the bodys.)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2017, 03:36:24 pm »

Look for a defensible position away from the phosphorus.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2017, 05:42:30 pm »

start administering first aid care

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2017, 06:17:51 pm »

Andrew slowly gets up, rifle still in his hands.
"Yeah. . . That I am. You, uh. . . You gonna shoot me? "
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »

Continue not contributing to the plot and being horribly injured until something happens.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2017, 08:49:16 pm »

Richard observing the fire activates the radio. "This is bloodhound, splash confirmed, good shooting over."

Regroup with the larger party.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:57:13 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Fire, Bullet Rain, and some Nazis
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2017, 08:44:13 pm »

((That age old laziness kicked in.))

TURN 10

Jack does nothing for now.

Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Shelly gets bandaged up, so she will no longer be in danger of bleeding out. She's also pretty chilled out from the drugs.

Spoiler: Shelly (click to show/hide)

Slobodan scrambles for better cover from the conflagration. He finds a good concrete doorway to shield him from the heat. He can see all the way down the street from here.

Spoiler: Slobodan (click to show/hide)

"This is Bloodhound, splash confirmed, good shooting. Over."

Richard reports the good shooting and moves back up the street to regroup with the main bunch. He's unimpeded and sees the tiny fires from the phosphorus, the heat from the burning mass baking his back as he walks.

Spoiler: Richard (click to show/hide)

"That... That I am. You, uh... You gonna shoot me?"

The man looks at his gun, then says, "Nien. I am not looking for any more fight." He drops the gun and says, "You are out of bullets. Or you would shot me." He looks down at his gun. It is then that Andrew sees that this man's gun is also empty. What a predicament.

Spoiler: Andrew (click to show/hide)

Ethan is given a saline solution and some morphine. He's given some bandages for his scratches and his graze.

While he hasn't really contributed to the plot, he does hear some footsteps nearby. Lots of them.

Spoiler: Ethan (click to show/hide)

Karl expertly applied bandages, drugs, and saline to Ethan and Shelly.

Spoiler: Karl (click to show/hide)

A huge fire burns and smolders in and around the houses near the end of the lane.

Mission Budget: $3301
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:25:26 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2017, 10:29:13 pm »

ask the two people in front of me:hey, where is everyone else?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2017, 10:32:11 pm »

Andrew looks at his rifle, confirming that he is, in fact, out of bullets. He didn't even notice in his frantic battle against the girl-creature.
"I appreciate that. Not shooting me, that is. So what now?

I have a mission to do, but you don't have to keep fighting. Just leave, please."

Andrew returns to the rest of the group, reloads, and asks for some medical assistance.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2017, 10:42:46 pm »

"Maybe those footsteps are them. Or backup. Or morphine dreams."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2017, 11:33:00 am »

Chain smoke and await my first medal as we regroup.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2017, 03:46:21 pm »

Regroup.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2017, 05:20:49 pm »

Assist Andrew in cleaning himself up.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7