Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137481 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No orders this turn.  Just make sure the bore doesn't move without wormy being in it.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Both need repair, but the starfish needs less. They're remarkably robust. We'll assume you got away from sharky for the moment.
Quote from: IRC
11:55   Radio_Controlled   By the way syv, hot starfish bod or second hand human?
11:55   ER   starfish ofc
11:55   syv   Starfish!

Well, you heard the man, starfish it is. Perhaps I can use the materials gathered for reinforcing the diving suits and instead use it to fix the starfish? If I can repair it, put his spirit into it and if succesful return to my normal body.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Right. Am I going to be tarcking large amounts of powder everywhere?

If not, go wash myself off in the water below, then wet several of Tony's clothes, and cover the powder with them. Finally, push them all into the box the powder came in, and dump the contents in the water, washing it and myself out.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Nameless Will look around in the crawler for a container he can use for the rockeater dust. If he finds one he'll collect some dust, thank the moth, and leave. if he doesn't find one, he'll thank the moth and then leave.

Either way, though, he'll offer his service in exchange for the moth's hospitality, should the moth have use of him for some reason.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs the Mover will drive the crawler to the other end of the cavern once Nameless is finished with the MothKing. Unless the MothKing has some task for Nameless. In that case, Legs wil transport Nameles to the task location.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Step aside dear Diver. Fixin' things is a builder's job.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Just return to the bore, I've faffed about enough in my little underwater paradise. See if I can't get actual stats for the shell-tongue gun and the stafish man's bladed gauntlets once I'm on the bore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

No orders this turn.  Just make sure the bore doesn't move without wormy being in it.

You hang around in the airlock and wait.

Both need repair, but the starfish needs less. They're remarkably robust. We'll assume you got away from sharky for the moment.
Quote from: IRC
11:55   Radio_Controlled   By the way syv, hot starfish bod or second hand human?
11:55   ER   starfish ofc
11:55   syv   Starfish!

Well, you heard the man, starfish it is. Perhaps I can use the materials gathered for reinforcing the diving suits and instead use it to fix the starfish? If I can repair it, put his spirit into it and if succesful return to my normal body.

Alright.
[06/70]
You completely repair the body before placing the soul back into it.
[09/95]
You place his body back in. His new body stat is 86.

Right. Am I going to be tarcking large amounts of powder everywhere?

If not, go wash myself off in the water below, then wet several of Tony's clothes, and cover the powder with them. Finally, push them all into the box the powder came in, and dump the contents in the water, washing it and myself out.

A bit, because some spilled out on you. But if you washed that off,no.

You head down and wash yourself in the water, as well as clothing and the box, as you planned. You think you got either all of it or at least the vast majority of it off.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Step aside dear Diver. Fixin' things is a builder's job.
Gonna let him keep his roll since he actually did really well.

Just return to the bore, I've faffed about enough in my little underwater paradise. See if I can't get actual stats for the shell-tongue gun and the stafish man's bladed gauntlets once I'm on the bore.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You return to the bore.

Lets see here...
2d10+20 for gun
d20+10 for gauntlet

Nameless Will look around in the crawler for a container he can use for the rockeater dust. If he finds one he'll collect some dust, thank the moth, and leave. if he doesn't find one, he'll thank the moth and then leave.

Either way, though, he'll offer his service in exchange for the moth's hospitality, should the moth have use of him for some reason.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs the Mover will drive the crawler to the other end of the cavern once Nameless is finished with the MothKing. Unless the MothKing has some task for Nameless. In that case, Legs wil transport Nameles to the task location.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

You don't think anything you have on the crawler would survive the dust, so you instead ask if the moth has any use of your service.  He says that he does not right now, but that others of his kind may need your aid. He then gives you a tiny fragment of his antennae and tells you that it will act as your passport to any lands overwhich his kind watches.

Thus aided, you return to the crawler and then head towards the other end of the cavern. The most interesting thing you stumble across first, quite a while from the bore, is a massive natural column which appears to have been carved with a sort of spiral mosaic.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Return to my body. Admire my handiwork. Go yell at the zombie (the radioactive one, not the newly minted Asteroidea) about proper radioactive contamination procedure. From a safe distance!

Then try to build the clawgloves using the mole's claws.

"Even if I do say so myself, Darvaza old boy, this is your best work up to now.
Tell me my new watery corpsefriend, how does it feel? All the faculties in order? Got any feeling in the ol' graspers? Craving algae yet?"

"Thanks for helping me there Engie. Would you mind lending a hand building a still? The materials are already here, collected by some of our compatriots, so for someone of your skill level it should be child's play. It'll help these second-chance lemmings here not decompose. Also, all the homebrewed moonshine we can handle, that should liven this place up!"

Over the radio: "Hey Muffin, you still ok down there?"

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:08:34 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Verne considers grafting starfish flesh onto himself to improve his durability and physique. He also wonders about:
a)Steel bones
b)Incorporating a crystal energy source into himself
c)Attaching his rifle to his own body and nervous system
Could knowledge enhance any of these?

Verne moves meanwhile to where the end of the cavern with the spiral mosaic column and looks for something interesting, making sure Joshua gets the now empty box.

"Good job, fleshperson mystic. I got you some materials, by the way."

One wheel short of a wagon

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

If players or waitlisters are still being accepted here is mine also I checked the wiki and it said this was where sheets should go.
Name Yarrick "Deadeye" Higliam
Archetype:Former Soldiers
Backstory: Deadeye was a part of the Shamur guard, as a combat engineer and later as a artilleryman, taking part in dozens of missions killing and watching as friends died around him. When he got out promised himself he wouldn't have to kill for a living although lack of work and money for starting up a buisness has made that impossible. He has joined the dig to fill his stomach and hopefully earn enough money to own his own shop. Although he can't stop feeling a sense of pride from every kill he makes.
Appearance: He is a veteran soldier and moves with easy confidence. He has scars from bullets on his chest and shrapnel scars on his face.
Spoiler: Skill/Stats (click to show/hide)
Inventory:Rifle (2d8+10), Old uniform
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:52:36 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Get back on the bore and give Joshua the required materials.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

The zombie starfish wriggles a bit when spoken to, but otherwise does not answer, or even really show that it understood the question.  After a few seconds of awkward silence, it clumsily shuffles away.

Hmm.  Are there any benefits granted by starfish form?  Natural weapons?  Natural armor?  Strength?  Diving ability?  Immunity to the radioactive dust soon to kill us all?  Can starfish even speak English?

As for an actual action, Sifeebt will return to his old body, and inspect it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"I'm already back on the bore. I got bored being alone down there. I dragged that starfish corpse up for you lot, by the way. It also had three like, bladed gauntlets or something."
Yo peedubs, did I get any knowledge for beating that starfish?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Return to my body. Admire my handiwork. Go yell at the zombie (the radioactive one, not the newly minted Asteroidea) about proper radioactive contamination procedure. From a safe distance!

Then try to build the clawgloves using the mole's claws.

"Even if I do say so myself, Darvaza old boy, this is your best work up to now.
Tell me my new watery corpsefriend, how does it feel? All the faculties in order? Got any feeling in the ol' graspers? Craving algae yet?"

"Thanks for helping me there Engie. Would you mind lending a hand building a still? The materials are already here, collected by some of our compatriots, so for someone of your skill level it should be child's play. It'll help these second-chance lemmings here not decompose. Also, all the homebrewed moonshine we can handle, that should liven this place up!"

You admire your handwork, return to your body, yell at the zombie over the radio and then attempt to make mole claw gloves.

Have you got everything for them? I forget if I ever gave a recipe for it.

Verne considers grafting starfish flesh onto himself to improve his durability and physique. He also wonders about:
a)Steel bones
b)Incorporating a crystal energy source into himself
c)Attaching his rifle to his own body and nervous system
Could knowledge enhance any of these?

Verne moves meanwhile to where the end of the cavern with the spiral mosaic column and looks for something interesting, making sure Joshua gets the now empty box.

"Good job, fleshperson mystic. I got you some materials, by the way."

Steel bones might increase your body stat, but replacing all your bones is something very difficult and likely to just kill you.
To do what, exactly?
For the purpose of?

Depends on how you go about doing it.

That spiral mosaic is halfway across this massive cavern, you have no way to know its there, and Nameless got there in the crawler across the cavern ceiling where as you do not have a crawler and are on an island. I don't think you can just swim it.

If players or waitlisters are still being accepted here is mine also I checked the wiki and it said this was where sheets should go.
Name Yarrick "Deadeye" Higliam
Archetype:Former Soldiers
Backstory: Deadeye was a part of the Shamur guard, as a combat engineer and later as a artilleryman, taking part in dozens of missions killing and watching as friends died around him. When he got out promised himself he wouldn't have to kill for a living although lack of work and money for starting up a buisness has made that impossible. He has joined the dig to fill his stomach and hopefully earn enough money to own his own shop. Although he can't stop feeling a sense of pride from every kill he makes.
Appearance: He is a veteran soldier and moves with easy confidence. He has scars from bullets on his chest and shrapnel scars on his face.
Spoiler: Skill/Stats (click to show/hide)
Inventory:Rifle (2d8+10), Old uniform
We accept anyone. You spawn up in the bore.

Get back on the bore and give Joshua the required materials.
There's those materials I was asking about.

I'll do his roll here. [41] He makes those claws! Yay!

The zombie starfish wriggles a bit when spoken to, but otherwise does not answer, or even really show that it understood the question.  After a few seconds of awkward silence, it clumsily shuffles away.

Hmm.  Are there any benefits granted by starfish form?  Natural weapons?  Natural armor?  Strength?  Diving ability?  Immunity to the radioactive dust soon to kill us all?  Can starfish even speak English?

As for an actual action, Sifeebt will return to his old body, and inspect it.

You have natural 20 armor.  I'd bump your body stat if it wasn't already huge.  And you get bonuses for melee damage. And no, you cannot speak

Your old body is, well, pretty blown the fuck out. Missing most of the head part.

"I'm already back on the bore. I got bored being alone down there. I dragged that starfish corpse up for you lot, by the way. It also had three like, bladed gauntlets or something."
Yo peedubs, did I get any knowledge for beating that starfish?

Yeah, actually we should do this as a group.

Real quick, everyone tell me your exploratory, fighty or other achivements in this time period of exploring worm island. I'll reward knowledge accordingly.,

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went down to the worm-ball, entered the partly flooded tower, climbed to the second floor, and recovered five loot-chests.  From those loot chests I recovered four objects, the box full of radioactive dust, the worm-thing, the arm-strapped shell thing, and the black goo.  I've also stuck the black goo into the worm.  In addition, I opened the fifth chest but was unable to return the very heavy cross-shaped object.

Lastly, I won a fight with a very dangerous Deathless with a single bullet from close range.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:22:47 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70