Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137500 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

"I guess it's true what they say, no good deed goes unpunished... Eep!

HEY YOU, you better help me with your mess!"

Darnit, throw another deep sea ball to try and distract it/lure it away.

If it worked this time, you know the drill: abscond with ghostlad and hide (in the bore or otherwise).

If still not successful, à l'attaque!

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Nameless converses with the Giant Snowy White Moth of Infinite Wisdom:
I ... wish to learn. Will you teach me?
Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

People don't think Legs the Mover be like he is, but he do.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Well, let's test how much it can take then. Keep doing the make some "distance -> shoot -> make some distance -> shoot" dance until it is swiss cheese, so to say

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go pick up the worm and carry it around the bore to see if it reacts to anything.  The engine, say.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Nah, I'm good with just waiting stealthily.  As Radio pointed out, Sifeebt's got a fair bit less transcend than the local monsters, and he doesn't have any Deep Sea weapon.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #860 on: April 20, 2017, 11:08:32 pm »

Go get whatever stuff Radio needs to upgrade diving suits. Or anything else he needs or might want. Hell, get him some food if all else fails.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Try to find the protective we need to reinforce those diving suits.

Just to clarify, did I get just insulation, or did I get the insulation we need to reinforce the suits?

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
You got what you needed for the suits.
16/20
and that protective. Or rather you found some metal that would work for that protective. You'll need to form it into plates in the workroom.

If you were radioactive ENOUGH it could, but that would be very bad for everyone around you

"But I don't want people around me."

Empty the box of toxic radioactive powder. More specifically, empty it into myself. Free disinfection and radioactivity!

Then clean out any not needed for embalming and toss it to Joshua, who probably needs the tags to make a box of air rather than water for respiration or some dumb meatbag things like that.

Also, any free knowledge for being spirithandled around the Deep?

"I tried the poison again."

Verne then begins to muse contentedly on the possibilities of transhumanism.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
...ok.

You take this big box full of deady powder and up end it onto your head. It lands in a clump and poofs out literally all over the damn place like spilled flour, forming a radioactive, poisonous cloud of dust.

This is the point that I remind you that you're in a sealed hanger inside a sealed ship with circulating air. Air circulating through air vents. Like the ones the poison dust is currently starting to get sucked up into. And this is not the sort of thing you can stop with your bare hands.

Yeah, I'll give you 20.

I ... wish to learn. Will you teach me?

People don't think Legs the Mover be like he is, but he do.

"Learning is a path. Some paths have destinations, others branch endlessly towards a vanishing horizon. I may teach only the former. What knowledge do you desire?"

Well, let's test how much it can take then. Keep doing the make some "distance -> shoot -> make some distance -> shoot" dance until it is swiss cheese, so to say

I'll spare you the rolls, but after a fair bit of backing up and shooting, including a close call of the creature almost getting a hold of you, you manage to riddle it with so many holes that it collapses.

Go pick up the worm and carry it around the bore to see if it reacts to anything.  The engine, say.

After some time wandering it becomes obvious that the worm is seeing some of the deep sea. It reacts to things like the engine and the main core.

Nah, I'm good with just waiting stealthily.  As Radio pointed out, Sifeebt's got a fair bit less transcend than the local monsters, and he doesn't have any Deep Sea weapon.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
Okie dokie.

Go get whatever stuff Radio needs to upgrade diving suits. Or anything else he needs or might want. Hell, get him some food if all else fails.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
You might want to free your time up to deal with the dirty bomb in the hanger. Asap.

"I guess it's true what they say, no good deed goes unpunished... Eep!

HEY YOU, you better help me with your mess!"

Darnit, throw another deep sea ball to try and distract it/lure it away.

If it worked this time, you know the drill: abscond with ghostlad and hide (in the bore or otherwise).

If still not successful, à l'attaque!

[53]
With the second ball you manage to distract the creature and get over to sy. You grab is mind and absorb it into yourself.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

This diving suit I'm presumably still wearing is airtight, right? I'll get as far away from the dust as possible, if I have to, I'll climb the rope down to the Island

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You're going to get my worm all dirty!"

Find a suit to pour the worm into, and seal it up.  Then go find Verne and punch him until he stops being stupid.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:00:29 am by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

You take this big box full of deady powder and up end it onto your head. It lands in a clump and poofs out literally all over the damn place like spilled flour, forming a radioactive, poisonous cloud of dust.
If you were radioactive ENOUGH it could, but that would be very bad for everyone around you

Empty the box of toxic radioactive powder. More specifically, empty it into myself. Free disinfection and radioactivity!

Ahem? Attempt to get back into the correct timeline in which I swallow all the radioactive powder. Then safely dispose of the dregs in the sea or somewhere.

One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Wow, that actually worked?! Cool, now go wee wee wee all the way home and dump his spirit into the first available body that I find. If nothing appropriate is available, then repair Tony's old body with whatever's lying around and use that. Or perhaps that starfish body that Pan is bringing up would do?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:06:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Something ... specific? How about ... that thing you did. Moving through stone.

Legs the Mover remains immobile.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Loot the starfish for everything he has. Then drag the corpse to the diving bell, surely some of our builder can make use of it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Ahem? Attempt to get back into the correct timeline in which I swallow all the radioactive powder. Then safely dispose of the dregs in the sea or somewhere.

Hmm. Lets roll to see if you are careful enough to injest it all without spreading it. Since its hard to pour fine dust without it spreading.
[59/40]
Nope. So you get most of it into your mouth but some spills out. Not as big a problem, but still not great.

This diving suit I'm presumably still wearing is airtight, right? I'll get as far away from the dust as possible, if I have to, I'll climb the rope down to the Island

Done.

"You're going to get my worm all dirty!"

Find a suit to pour the worm into, and seal it up.  Then go find Verne and punch him until he stops being stupid.

You find a nice suit to put your worm into. Then you send him down to the worm island. Just in case.

Loot the starfish for everything he has. Then drag the corpse to the diving bell, surely some of our builder can make use of it.

You grab all its gauntlet things and then bring the corpse up to the surface of the island.
Something ... specific? How about ... that thing you did. Moving through stone.

Legs the Mover remains immobile.

"The dust on my wings evaporates stone. You may have some, if you wish. Though you would need a container for it. lest it melt your hands."

Wow, that actually worked?! Cool, now go wee wee wee all the way home and dump his spirit into the first available body that I find. If nothing appropriate is available, then repair Tony's old body with whatever's lying around and use that. Or perhaps that starfish body that Pan is bringing up would do?

Both need repair, but the starfish needs less. They're remarkably robust. We'll assume you got away from sharky for the moment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

((Hype for Siffy the starfish man?))
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70