Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137528 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #810 on: April 06, 2017, 11:43:29 pm »

I think Bargthor's attack, and therefore Sifeebt's retaliation, still stands?  His attack seemed more motivated by RP than mealworm stuff.

Just wanted to test out that mealworm.  Someone standing around looking to get rid of his body seems like a candidate for it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 07, 2017, 12:01:35 am »

((It seems syv wants to fight it out.))

Shoot that meatbag, keep it out of reach.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:15:23 am by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 07, 2017, 12:19:06 am »

Examine the water and the try to see the crawler. Try to determine if someone could make Sticky level 3 out of stuff on the bore.

"Oi, I'd like to get a better weapon made before I disembark."
No you cannot see the crawler in the water, because it is on the ceiling.
I meant those a separate actions, look at the water, then look at the crawler. Sorry about that
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 07, 2017, 12:44:45 am »

"Could somebody, maybe Joshua, beef up the diving suits so we can get to the lower water areas?"

Determine what materials would be needed to beef up the diving suits and aquire those materials. Then man the Comms Phoneboothe in case the two in the crawler call in.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:49:04 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 07, 2017, 05:40:10 am »

Nameless will get out of the crawler and approach the giant snowy white moth in a friendly manner. He will attempt to pet the moth if he can reach a pettable part of it's body. is it bigger than the crawler?

Legs will look around to see if there is anything interesting near the moth, like crystalline deposits or dungeons and dragons figurines.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 07, 2017, 06:51:27 am »

Radio: "Do any of you guys up in the bore want corpses? I can load the bell up with a lot of them if you want to."
"Yeah, I could use a bunch, bring up as many as you can be bothered. Be warned though, there was some strange churning of the water when I left, not sure what that was. If we need to lower the diving bell to load it up with stuff just let us know."

"Could we just stick him in a piece of the honey comb until we can build a better body?"
"Maybe, but that's kind of risky, we don't know how that crystal really works and it's still full of deep sea critters. They might not appreciate a home invasion!"

"Could somebody, maybe Joshua, beef up the diving suits so we can get to the lower water areas?"
"I certainly could, but we have a man dying here so that kind of takes priority. But if you could work out what materials would be needed ((aka ask pw what tags are needed)), and perhaps gather said materials, I'll get on that asap. Perhaps that dude that was patrolling the ship could help you? He seems perceptive enough."

Then, he addresses Verne.
"Okay then Pierre Curie, as far as I see you have a couple of realistic options:
Uno, we transplant your head and try to restart the body. Difficult, not advisable.
Dos, we build you a body from scratch, or build a metal frame and put it in a diver suit. Could be cool, but we might not have the time for that.
Tres, we get Muffin to transport a corpse up and put you in there. Those things are water creatures though, wouldn't recommend.
Quatro, we put you into Tony's repaired body. That body WILL degrade over time however. To get around that you'd have two main options:
   Use that body until we get a better replacement then transfer again. Each transfer is more difficult than the previous though!
   Or, you take regular baths in chemical preservative to keep the body fro wasting away. We'd need to find or build these chemicals, but with a decent still we -should- be able to do it.

So, your choice. Think fast."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:05:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2017, 06:55:28 am »

"The fourth option. After that, I should be able to make any repairs needed myself if necessary."
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 07, 2017, 07:04:33 am »

"The fourth option. After that, I should be able to make any repairs needed myself if necessary."
"Ok then. Once this body is repaired I will dive down to lvl. 3. Then, if you aren't dead by then already, on my mark you'll have to commit suicide. That way we can time the release of your spirit, and I can immediately capture it and put it in the new fleshy hull. Do you think you have it in you to kill yourself? If not, go find somebody who could do it for you. There'll be lots of volunteers, I'm sure.

Grab me some metal bars or something to replace the missing bones with, for starters. And give me back his nervous system"

You got away. But muffin, he might have a hard time in the future...
Is there a reason I didn't actually spot the starfish thing when exploring the room? Or did it only materialize just now?

Dive down to lvl. 3. If no deep sea baddies come to crash the party, then try to kill Verne in a way that's quick and painless while minimizing damage to his body. A good pull on the nerve where the spinal cord enters the skull should render him unconscious immediately, and lead to death quickly. Or something else, you can decide, you like this stuff.

Either way, capture his spirit as it exits his body, then try to put it back into the body.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:04:29 am by Radio Controlled »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 07, 2017, 07:16:40 am »

"Couldn't we just switch brains? I don't much like the prospect of suicide, but if that's what it takes to stay alive... I guess we don't have any way of bringing the body back to life."

Prepare to kill myself on Joshua's word. Unless we find a way to make the brain transplant work. Try and think of a way to make the body work again: could we run electric current through it via a Bore generator? And for the future, what sort of tags might be needed for reviving a dead body?

Basically comply with Joshua.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:10:40 am by NJW2000 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 07, 2017, 07:20:19 am »

"Couldn't we just switch brains? I don't much like the prospect of suicide, but if that's what it takes to stay alive..."

"That would mean either transplanting the head and trying to restart the body, or transplanting the head after you've died and then put you back in, meaning your spirit spends some time alone in the deep sea while I change heads. This would leave you open to damage to your psyche or even hungry scavengers who'll eat your soul."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 07, 2017, 07:21:22 am »

"...ulp. I guess it's switching souls then. Does this mean I get his karma?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 07, 2017, 07:25:58 am »

"...ulp. I guess it's switching souls then. Does this mean I get his karma?"
"Perhaps.

Hmm... I just realized it might also be possible to put your soul back into your own body after you die. Dunno if the poison still being there would be a problem once you're a zombie though, lemme think."

((Aka gonna shoot pw a pm to ask for some clarification.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 07, 2017, 07:41:37 am »

Radio: "What are first contact protocols again? Because I'm being rushed by an angry starfish with bladed gauntlets."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 07, 2017, 07:45:24 am »

Radio: "What are first contact protocols again? Because I'm being rushed by an angry starfish with bladed gauntlets."
"In these situations I believe the field manual contains the words 'with extreme prejudice' somewhere."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 07, 2017, 08:37:52 am »

"In these situations I believe the field manual contains the words 'with extreme prejudice' somewhere."
"Roger that"

Start shooting the starfish dude with my rifle. If he starts getting close, run in the opposite direction to get some distance between the two of us and shoot again. Skirmish the bastard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 70