Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137517 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #795 on: April 05, 2017, 09:25:27 pm »

Are we losing the plot here guys? Oz literally jumped ship and Toaster is pacing back and forth.

Sort of?  I'm trying to figure out what this black goo mealworm does, but it's taking more actions than I was expecting.

"I need a warm meatbag to wake up this worm.  You don't seem to be busy doing anything."

Wake the black goo mealworm up.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:51:19 pm by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:58 pm »

"I need a warm meatbag to wake up this worm.  You don't seem to be busy doing anything."

"Just hold it next to the engine"
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 05, 2017, 10:18:01 pm »

"Just hold it next to the engine"

"Be honest now, which is more important:  The engine, or some random meatbag?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 05, 2017, 11:32:28 pm »

"Fair point"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 06, 2017, 03:30:35 am »

Prepare to switch bodies with Tony. We'll worry about the missing bits later provided some of my head and my brain is intact. Due to the nature of the operation, I'm guessing it would be difficult to do this by myself?

Also, FIND anything vital missing from Tony's body.

"Radioactive poison, eh. Dastardly stuff. Never trust seafood, that's my advice."

Verne then runs around the bore screaming and begging for help.

"Please! Somebody! Could someone help me with an operation? A chance to perform science! You won't regret it, you can have the pick of my loot! Any builders? Doctors? Deep ascetics? I'm sorry I said you were mystics! Somebody help me, please!"

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:39:08 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 06, 2017, 05:32:39 am »

88/95
You use your influence to shove the door open and then immediately rise back to your body. As you do so, however, you see the water begin to churn in the area you left.

Try to get away from that churning and return to my physical body undetected. Should this fail and some deep sea specter attack me, then defend myself of course.

If we wanted to resurrect Verne using Tony's body, what repairs would be needed at minimum to Tony's body to make it a usable vessel? Does it need to be biologically functioning, or can we stitch over the holes with sheet metal and stuff the missing parts with sawdust and call it a day? I suspect the latter given that replacement bodies can be made of almost anything, but checking just to be sure.

((NJW, I have build so I could repair the body, but no find so you'd have to supply me with Tony's body and any materials needed for building a usable replacement body.))

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:14:15 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 06, 2017, 06:56:23 am »

((I had forgotten that I gave legs max build skill. neat.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 06, 2017, 01:00:57 pm »

Radio: "Do any of you guys up in the bore want corpses? I can load the bell up with a lot of them if you want to."

Go and check out the important tower again. Take a peek inside and examine the corpses present for build properties.

((metagaming a little bit to speed things up so we can move on from here, since most people seem done with this place.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 06, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »

"Could we just stick him in a piece of the honey comb until we can build a better body?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 06, 2017, 04:09:00 pm »

Sifeebt shrugs and clucks three times before speaking.  "Find less-sharp meatbag?" 

If Bargthor attempts to wake up the mealworm using Sifeebt's body, he'll hack it in two and dodgeroll away before it explodes or something.  Otherwise, he'll just continue waiting for the guy with find and build to find materials and build a body.

Edit: Apparently Bargthor is unwisely attempting to murder Sifeebt, so, he'll retaliate.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 06, 2017, 10:50:48 pm »

"So you're getting rid of your body, while at the same time refusing to use it for anything?"

"Well, then, you clearly don't need it."

Go shoot the meatbag with my pistol.  If it charges, try to dodge out of the way.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:51:37 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #806 on: April 06, 2017, 11:26:24 pm »

((There's a plot!? :P))

Technique: Leave it to chance.
Flip a coin. If heads, you lose 10 body and your next roll will act as if you had 50 skill. If tails, you lose 10 mind and your next roll will automatically fail, but have some beneficial effect.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
that works.
150 knowledge

Examine the water and the try to see the crawler. Try to determine if someone could make Sticky level 3 out of stuff on the bore.

"Oi, I'd like to get a better weapon made before I disembark."
No you cannot see the crawler in the water, because it is on the ceiling.

Someone probably could, yes.

((I was waiting for this "encounter" to finish before getting stuck in, but I totally forgot about techniques.))

Patrol done, time for training.

Technique!  "Ambush!"  Requires a passed Hide roll.  When hiding still in a concealed position, draw a bead on a target to get bonus to the Blast roll.

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)

sounds good to me. 120 knowledge

Legs drives teh crawler into the tube while nameless warns it that whatever made the tube could probably eat the crawler. Legs is prepared to make a hasty retreat.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

You don't have to go far at all. Maybe 300-400 feet down the tunnel you come across an enormous...well it looks like a moth. It is massive in size, snow white and quite furry, but is otherwise the spitting image of a normal moth. It reaches out with one long, fuzzy antenae and pats the crawler a few times.

Are we losing the plot here guys? Oz literally jumped ship and Toaster is pacing back and forth.

Sort of?  I'm trying to figure out what this black goo mealworm does, but it's taking more actions than I was expecting.

Wake the black goo mealworm up.

We'll assume you find some random meatbag, probably one of our now non-responsive ones, and wrap the worm around them like a boa. When it awakens it starts behaving oddly, almost as though it were drunk or hallucinating. It just staggers around, bumping into things and appearing to side step or crawl around things that aren't there.

Prepare to switch bodies with Tony. We'll worry about the missing bits later provided some of my head and my brain is intact. Due to the nature of the operation, I'm guessing it would be difficult to do this by myself?

Also, FIND anything vital missing from Tony's body.

"Radioactive poison, eh. Dastardly stuff. Never trust seafood, that's my advice."

Verne then runs around the bore screaming and begging for help.

"Please! Somebody! Could someone help me with an operation? A chance to perform science! You won't regret it, you can have the pick of my loot! Any builders? Doctors? Deep ascetics? I'm sorry I said you were mystics! Somebody help me, please!"

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
Tony is the one that got shot  and stabbed repeatedly before being carved up like a turkey, right? Are you attempting brain transplant or spirit transfer? Because the first, into a corpse, would require first repairing the corpse. Oh and also figuring out how to bring it back to life again.

88/95
You use your influence to shove the door open and then immediately rise back to your body. As you do so, however, you see the water begin to churn in the area you left.

Try to get away from that churning and return to my physical body undetected. Should this fail and some deep sea specter attack me, then defend myself of course.

If we wanted to resurrect Verne using Tony's body, what repairs would be needed at minimum to Tony's body to make it a usable vessel? Does it need to be biologically functioning, or can we stitch over the holes with sheet metal and stuff the missing parts with sawdust and call it a day? I suspect the latter given that replacement bodies can be made of almost anything, but checking just to be sure.

((NJW, I have build so I could repair the body, but no find so you'd have to supply me with Tony's body and any materials needed for building a usable replacement body.))

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You got away. But muffin, he might have a hard time in the future...

He just needs to be a mostly intact body so try to frankenstien him back together as best you can. One downside, however, is that his body WILL rot and lose functionality over time unless you preserve it somehow.

Radio: "Do any of you guys up in the bore want corpses? I can load the bell up with a lot of them if you want to."

Go and check out the important tower again. Take a peek inside and examine the corpses present for build properties.

((metagaming a little bit to speed things up so we can move on from here, since most people seem done with this place.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You walk out of the building and head for the important tower again. On your way there the door to that tower opens the rest of the way and a single one of those starfish creatures lurches out. It looks at you for a moment, or you assume it does since it has no eyes, and then starts charging towards you. It has a bladed gauntlet on 3 out of 5 limbs

"So you're getting rid of your body, while at the same time refusing to use it for anything?"

"Well, then, you clearly don't need it."

Go shoot the meatbag with my pistol.  If it charges, try to dodge out of the way.

Sifeebt shrugs and clucks three times before speaking.  "Find less-sharp meatbag?" 

If Bargthor attempts to wake up the mealworm using Sifeebt's body, he'll hack it in two and dodgeroll away before it explodes or something.  Otherwise, he'll just continue waiting for the guy with find and build to find materials and build a body.

Edit: Apparently Bargthor is unwisely attempting to murder Sifeebt, so, he'll retaliate.

Calm your butts you multiple action having scum. I already worked out these actions earlier so there's no need to murder each other, except for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 06, 2017, 11:28:54 pm »

Calm your butts you multiple action having scum. I already worked out these actions earlier so there's no need to murder each other, except for fun.

Okay.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2017, 11:33:56 pm »

I think Bargthor's attack, and therefore Sifeebt's retaliation, still stands?  His attack seemed more motivated by RP than mealworm stuff.

Edit: Apparently, some think that's ambiguous, so a clarification: If attacked, Sifeebt is gonna react just as I said he would.  Violently, and according to the PM I sent before.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2017, 11:35:29 pm »

Go see if there are any cool books on fighting techniques in the library.

Stand by and watch the fight, so I can run in and loot when one of them dies.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:40:15 am by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70