Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137581 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #780 on: April 05, 2017, 04:02:27 pm »

Fucking touch screen and fat fingers. Hold on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #781 on: April 05, 2017, 04:26:24 pm »

Wake up.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Up you go.

Try to find some screws, bolts, nails, tape, glue, or anything else that would qualify as sticky level 3. Try to determine how hard it would be to turn the plates into containing level 3. Barring that, aquire one of the chests to use as containment level 3.

Could we use the diving bell to safely get to where Muffin is?

"Alright, I've got a pet project I need some help with right quick. Could somebody put together this guantlet for me? And if you have more time build the distillery, keep in mind that the still would benefit the entire crew, and could be our first step towards being able to make first aid type things."

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

[48/20] You can't find any sticky components.
As per the containing thing, you would just have to shape them into a container. The basics of that could be done via the tools in the workshop.
You could reach his level, yes, but getting off the bell and into that water would probably be a poor idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Danger lurks. Better make this quick."

Take a quick look at the metal thingamajig and the anemones, then stealthily try to clear the barricade enough so that Muffin will be able to enter the room. Then float away back towards the bore's protective aura.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
66/95
The metal object resembles a modifed version of the rod of chimes you saw eariler, the device that drew the worms to it. This thing is similar in function, but more violent in nature . The chime wheel draws the worms to it, this thing pulls them in be manipulating some key aspect of their anatomy, some subtle thing. Like ants inextricably drawn to the right mix of pheromones.
These anemones, you sense a great deal of resentment from them, towards the starfish creatures. If you had to guess, these anemones planted this metal thing and used it to cause this sudden and violent swarm of worms and the tearing away of this section of  buildings.

88/95
You use your influence to shove the door open and then immediately rise back to your body. As you do so, however, you see the water begin to churn in the area you left.

Get in Crawler

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Once Nameless is in the Crawler, take it out on the ceiling. Head in whatever direction seems most interesting. Keep going until I spot something interesting besides the floating island. Yes, I want this action carried out this turn, as it is. If anyone else want's to tag along, they need to be in the crawler this round.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Letsee...You take the crawler out for a while until you find something; its quite near the edge of this cavern area but it looks like a magma tube...but not. Its a big, circular tunnel that has apparently been more melted away than dug, but there's no sign that it was done by civilized hands. No tool marks or machines or any sort of remnants.
Grab that scorpion thing.  And is there some warm meatbag that I can hand the worm thing to wake it up?  There was that one with the box.  Or the diver, if the guard on the divers isn't there.

Actually, giving the guard on the divers the three-foot mealworm sounds like fun.  Do that.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

You grab the scorpian and then walk over and attempt to hand the worm to Sy.
Do following actions in given order. Stop doing 1) and move onto 2) if my face stops melting, the symptoms become trivial, etc.

1) Wash out my mouth, face, skin and nose heavily with clean water from the bore.
Repeat with water from the lake.
Repeat with alcohol if there is any.
Vomit.
Consider whether build, transcend, or another skill would be most helpful to my survival in this body.
Seek out someone with that skill.
Set up blood transfusion from Tony's body.
If any organs have fail or seem to be about to, consider switching with Tony for one.
Consider switching bodies with Tony, look for replacements for the vital bits of him that people have removed.

2) Do if symptoms clear up/seem to be going away.
What are the tags on the box containing the white powder?
Find some other container for the stuff.
Making sure I don't get any on me, switch the poison between the two containers.

"So this stuff is poison. Someone else can have it, but I'm keeping the box."

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
Quick  rinsing seems to stop progression of immediate symptoms, however, 32/90, a closer look at that powder tells you that not only is it a high grade poison, its also probably radioactive, if that thick box was any indication (toxic 4) You manage to stop immediate symptoms via vigorous rinsing but you snorted some of that crap so its defintely in your mucus membranes and maybe lungs now. Poison or not, if its high grade radioactive then you probably don't have too long before acute radiation syndrome sets in. You close the box of powder to prevent contaminating the entire damn hanger and everyone in it, at least.

You're probably gonna need a new body...

Look over the room once more for interesting weapons/gadgets.

Also check the shell gun to see if it isn't trapped, somehow. If no traps are found, pocket the shell gun and inspect it to see if I can't figure out how it works just by looking at it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You look around again.  whats useful depends. Are relatively low level melee weapons and common tools useful? None of these guys are carrying a 3d printer or something, but several area carrying odd melee weapons and the like.

The gun isn't trapped, so you grab it. It seems it it would function via pulling back on the movable handle while holding the other one steady.

Continue to prowl the ship. If my help is requested, provide it.
Are we losing the plot here guys? Oz literally jumped ship and Toaster is pacing back and forth.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 05, 2017, 05:43:36 pm »

((There's a plot!? :P))

Technique: Leave it to chance.
Flip a coin. If heads, you lose 10 body and your next roll will act as if you had 50 skill. If tails, you lose 10 mind and your next roll will automatically fail, but have some beneficial effect.

Go hover near sifibitit so I can nick the sword off his corpse.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:06:59 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 05, 2017, 06:56:14 pm »

Examine the water and the try to see the crawler. Try to determine if someone could make Sticky level 3 out of stuff on the bore.

"Oi, I'd like to get a better weapon made before I disembark."
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 05, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »

"Oh yeah? What have you got t-
...Is that someone's hands? What are you doing with that?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 05, 2017, 07:36:46 pm »

"Oh yeah? What have you got t-
...Is that someone's hands? What are you doing with that?"

"If I don't use it it'll just go to waste, and I don't want to fight the horrors of the deep with a glorified letter opener"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 05, 2017, 07:40:01 pm »

"Go to waste? It's part of someone's corpse! Show some respect and bury it or burn it or something!"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 05, 2017, 07:59:11 pm »

"We don't have the luxuarly of morality. And we don't have a way to bury or burn the body, especially since he doesn't have a body in the conventional sense. We can comermerate him, but he almost got people killed. And for the moment, his body is a resource."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 05, 2017, 08:04:44 pm »

"I still don't like it. What are you going to do with my hands if I die?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 05, 2017, 08:11:33 pm »

((I was waiting for this "encounter" to finish before getting stuck in, but I totally forgot about techniques.))

Patrol done, time for training.

Technique!  "Ambush!"  Requires a passed Hide roll.  When hiding still in a concealed position, draw a bead on a target to get bonus to the Blast roll.

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 05, 2017, 08:18:51 pm »

"Whatever I have to."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 05, 2017, 08:49:21 pm »

"I don't think I like that either. Guess I'll just have to not die, huh?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 05, 2017, 09:18:18 pm »

Sifeebt looks down at the offered worm, then up at the robot holding it.  He tilts his head, waits a couple seconds, then quickly hops back and brings his sabre up, defensively held between him and the robot.

((Sifeebt isn't actually anywhere near our Diver, due to his entire reason for "guarding" Joshua being the need to gain an eye disk.  Now that he has one...))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 05, 2017, 09:20:29 pm »

((Speaking of, remind me to loot that sword off of your cold, dead corpse. <3))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 05, 2017, 09:21:15 pm »

Legs drives teh crawler into the tube while nameless warns it that whatever made the tube could probably eat the crawler. Legs is prepared to make a hasty retreat.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70