Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137683 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #720 on: March 26, 2017, 09:50:49 am »

Sim off to the side until I get signal, then radio the below to everyone.

Radio: "I've found a door that's blocked by debris on the deep floor here. The door looks like it might guard something important. Does anyone feel like coming down here to help me open it, or shall I just look for something else?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 26, 2017, 09:53:27 am »

Radio: "I've found a door that's blocked by debris on the deep floor here. The door looks like it might guard something important. Does anyone feel like coming down here to help me open it, or shall I just look for something else?"
"If you could be patient for a little while, I could dive down and come to help you with your predicament. I just need to wait out the scary sea silver lining."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 26, 2017, 11:12:24 am »

"I'd be happy to, but I don't recon I can get down there.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2017, 11:31:53 am »

"If you could be patient for a little while, I could dive down and come to help you with your predicament. I just need to wait out the scary sea silver lining."
"Aye, I'll wait. It's cozy enough down here anyway. Just, uh, don't run off with the Bore without me, yeah?"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 26, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »

ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION. Instead, do the ting for Syv, if I can find the mats./b]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:10:30 am by Gentlefish »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 27, 2017, 01:10:48 am »

((Ahem.  Gentlefish?))

Sifeebt's following Gentlefish's char and poking him with a sabre, until he gets noticed.

((I should read the thread, being the resident thing-maker :P))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 27, 2017, 10:46:33 am »

Go back up to the bore.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #728 on: March 27, 2017, 11:28:59 am »

I suppose it's as safe here as anywhere.  Time to open the chests.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
You pry one of the chests open.
Inside there is...well it looks like a big meal worm honestly. About 3 feet long and thick as your arm, all curled up and apparently asleep. Do meal worms sleep? You're not really sure.

go to where I can overwatch Bargthor in case anything nasty is hiding in a chest

"Thanks for the effort fellas."

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
You take the bell back up and watch as Brag opens his first chest.

Uh...you're uncertain if this counts as "Nasty" thing that needs killing.

Put the facebox on my face.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Aw...this VR is filled unfulfilling tech demo style games. Just like real life.

Idle while the three remaining active people faff about on and under the island, or in the Deep

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Idle while the three remaining active people faff about on and under the island, or in the Deep

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
Idle hands, Oz.

This thing is technically from level 4. The combination of that bell rod and all the goings on with the other monster and such have started attracting bigger fish.
((Wow, now that is good to know! Is there a way for one to predict the 'danger level' of the current situation (aside from current level of diving, of course)?))

"Oh, guess my assistance wasn't needed after all. Joshua AWAY!"

Head back up.
Go inspect the damage in the control room the deep sea critter did. Try to repair it if the materials needed for that are readily available.

"Hello Bargbot 2000, what'ya got there? Illicit gains? Stolen bounty? Criminal winnings?!"

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
((Definitively? No. But generally the longer you hang out, the more you fight and the more you do, the more attention you might draw.))

The control room's damage is basically limited to the glass panel in the ceiling. There's probably some of those in storage. Replacements and all. If all else fails, you could just weld metal plates over the hole.

"Equal-ish division of loot? I've nearly finished my explosive round sniper rifle, which should be good for everyone."

Observe the chest opening, grab anything with [explosive-3+] or [structural 4+]. Just in case, is there anything we haven't explored on the  easily accessible bits of the worm-island? Or is there a cave wall nearby I could inspect for stuff?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
The closest cave wall is the cave ceiling, so you could try that if you wanted. But the easy to reach parts of the island have been explored aready. Least the still accessible ones.

You doubt that mealworm will have explosive or structural. Unless it is far more volitile or tough than it looks.

Sifeebt, now freed from his duty to guard the Bore's diver, starts exploring the storage rooms.  Finding Engi (Gentlefish's char, yes?) cataloguing materials, he silently walks up behind the man and lightly pokes him with the sabre.  "Need new body.  Metal."

Sifeebt is asking Engi to build him a robot body out of whatever metal is laying around the storeroom.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
An acceptable plan, if Engi goes with it. Though you'll need Radio's help too. Unless you're just transplanting organs.

Go back up to the bore.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Done

You swim out till you get a connection

ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION. Instead, do the ting for Syv, if I can find the mats./b]
Ok. what that requires depends on the plan. Are we going lich style, sticking his spirit into it, or are we going robocop style, taking out his guts and putting his bits in a robot shell?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 27, 2017, 12:06:30 pm »

Open the second chest, a reasonable distance away from the mealwyrme. Jump backwards as soon as it opens.

"Will we open all the chests, or do you all plan on humming a wake-up lullaby to the worm-child first?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 27, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »

"Well, while I wait out the monster guess I might as well look for a replacement for that pa-"
You pry one of the chests open.
Inside there is...well it looks like a big meal worm honestly. About 3 feet long and thick as your arm, all curled up and apparently asleep. Do meal worms sleep? You're not really sure.
"OH GOD IT'S SO CUTE!"

While in the deep blue, Joshua had seen that these worm creatures were not like normal worms, the ones used for digging or food. No, these things had a deeper connection to the sea. As such, he felt a sort of connection to these animals. Perhaps they could be the key toward better understanding the connection between the world of matter and the world of mind.

Check out the worm in the chest. How cute is it exaclty? Does it seem to be in good health? Try to very carefully pick it up.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:54:56 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »

The transplant will be done lich style, with the soul being removed and placed in the new thing, preferably without permanent damage thanks to the dead Mole's eye disk.  For now though, we're just building the body.

...Is robocop style actually an option?  Would that avoid needing to die and then return, possibly taking permanent damage?

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 27, 2017, 07:13:58 pm »

Wander around, thinking about what I would need to build a distillery to make booze for "medical purposes"

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 27, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »

They are the worms that worm riders ride, guys. We have a whole archetype centered on these things.

Idle

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #734 on: March 27, 2017, 09:22:55 pm »

Take that off and imagine a soldier suit.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70