Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137702 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2017, 11:14:39 pm »

Booze!
Start using Engi like a marionette and make him build Doug's thing.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:55:59 am by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Sinking Feeling
« Reply #676 on: March 17, 2017, 02:31:34 am »

Ride the bell up to the Bore. Ask around to the builders and anyone else to see if anyone knows what my beetleshell thingy is for.

What is it. For?
Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Hangin'

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 17, 2017, 10:27:32 am »

Spoiler: Doug Endeck (click to show/hide)

((Yeah; that was more of a "what interesting is lying around" action, but whatever.  And oops, you're right; I do have one!  I can menace builders for other reasons, then.

Is ammo a thing?  If regular ammo is just abstracted away, what about specialty ammo?))

Doug stomped around the bore, looking for where the engineers were hiding.  Looks like if he wanted armor to go with his rifle, he'd have to go find someone to make it.  "Yo!  Any gearheads around here?"

((Engineers, I'm not quite sure who's building on the ship as opposed to out and about right now))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Build this man his thing.

This was his last post in the thread; I got him his gear.  Puppet him into making said Soldier Suit?  Help him by handing him things, I guess?  Not like Doug has any build.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 17, 2017, 03:56:49 pm »

Try and get back onto the crawler. If this works, get Tony's nervous system for my sniper rifle (transmitting-3, eh?).

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #679 on: March 17, 2017, 05:56:21 pm »

"Hey, don't look at me.  I stole something, so I can run away."

So where's that bore at again?

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
About 70 feet above your head.

The rod thing is a call for the worms, it seems to resonate both in this plane and across the sea as well. There's no way to use it to control them; it simply attracts them, they're drawn to it like sharks to blood.
Would it be possible for me to remove this rod structure from the wall and use it to lure the worms around like a pied piper? Or would removing it break the mechanism/prevent it from working properly?
Alternatively, could I somehow mimic the sound this rod makes using spooky ghost powers?

Either way, collect some starfish corpses (including their gauntlet blade thingies!) and deposit them into the same corner of the hangar.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
It would be a bit complex since its now in the center of the worm ball, but possible, sure. Its pretty heavy and you'd need to secure the internal mechanisms like they are now when they're in the wall, but you could do it.

You MIGHT be able to do that but it would require level 3 at least and be quite difficult. Easier to replicate the sounds with machinery.

You dive down towards the towers, which are even deeper now, and immediately attract the attention of a sea monster. It just sort of shimmers into being about 20 feet away from you. It looks like a silver line. No matter how you move or look at it, its shape doesn't change, like a video game sprite that is always facing towards you.

Can I reach an entrance that was previously hidden by the worms? If yes, enter through there.

If no, just have a general look around at what's now on the scene since the worms crawled up.

There are several open now that were closed off before. You stick your head in the closest one and find an empty room on the first floor, but on the second floor you can see a rod covered in conical metal protrusions. Its the same thing that Nameless saw up above, but you in character don't know what it is.

"There is a diving bell that will take us up to the bore. I'll help you carry those chests with you. Anyone else returning to the bore?"

Bring one of Bargthor's chests into the diving bell.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Nameless took the diving bell up to the bore and didn't bother to lower it back down.

Search the place where the tower was looking for a way down

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
It's a solid floor of wormy goodness where the towers used to be. Only way to reach them is either swimming or worm digging.

Booze!
Start using Engi like a marionette and make him build Doug's thing.

((Yeah; that was more of a "what interesting is lying around" action, but whatever.  And oops, you're right; I do have one!  I can menace builders for other reasons, then.

Is ammo a thing?  If regular ammo is just abstracted away, what about specialty ammo?))

Doug stomped around the bore, looking for where the engineers were hiding.  Looks like if he wanted armor to go with his rifle, he'd have to go find someone to make it.  "Yo!  Any gearheads around here?"

((Engineers, I'm not quite sure who's building on the ship as opposed to out and about right now))

Build this man his thing.

This was his last post in the thread; I got him his gear.  Puppet him into making said Soldier Suit?  Help him by handing him things, I guess?  Not like Doug has any build.

98/90
Engi, perhaps because he's being puppeted around, messes up in his attempts to make the armor. He manages to ruin the steel plates in the process.

Ride the bell up to the Bore. Ask around to the builders and anyone else to see if anyone knows what my beetleshell thingy is for.

What is it. For?
Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover: Hangin'

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
You find Engi, who is being Weekend at bernie's'ed around the room by two guys, and ask him what the thing is for. The more drunk of the two guys works Engi's mouth.

"Geeez man, looks like its to hold something small and spherical, ya know?"

Try and get back onto the crawler. If this works, get Tony's nervous system for my sniper rifle (transmitting-3, eh?).

You climb the rope back up to the bore and Grab tony's nervous system.

This sniper rifle is gonna be weird, You can already tell.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 17, 2017, 08:21:35 pm »

"Bah, looks as the bell's flown the coop again."

Go pop a pistol shot at the diving bell, in the hope of winging it so that it falls back to the 'ground'

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 08:48:40 pm by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 17, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »

I'll start digging in the worms with my knife to see if I can find a way to the tower.

"Hey, beats waiting around"

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2017, 08:52:38 am »

Go get more steel plates for the Soldier Armor so Engi can be puppeted into engineering.

[/quote]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 18, 2017, 09:10:26 am »

Back away from the monster, away from the water and more into the cave itself (not towards the bore or teammates though). Shoot monster with pew pew priesterbeadz, unless I'm CERTAIN it hasn't noticed me or doesn't give chase, in which case just lay low.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:43:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 18, 2017, 09:24:24 am »

consider possible routes down to the towers. Are there any? Stay on the bore though. Look for threats to teammates below, shoot at them if there are any.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 18, 2017, 01:04:03 pm »

Drink!
Also stay hydrated!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 18, 2017, 05:01:31 pm »

Grumbling to himself, Engie wakes up and shakes off the puppeteer before look(ing) for some more materials to replace what broke.

((Sorry guys, just got back from a service break in the wilderness.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:26 pm »

"Bah, looks as the bell's flown the coop again."

Go pop a pistol shot at the diving bell, in the hope of winging it so that it falls back to the 'ground'

86/50
You shoot up at the pod but the only thing you manage to hit is the cave ceiling.

I'll start digging in the worms with my knife to see if I can find a way to the tower.

"Hey, beats waiting around"

You start stabbing into the worms, hacking through them. They're robust and rubbery but you manage to hack through two or three loops. After getting halfway through the fourth loop, the worms you're standing on suddenly shift and drag your feet down. In an instant you're knee deep in wormflesh. And you're still sinking.

Go get more steel plates for the Soldier Armor so Engi can be puppeted into engineering.

[/quote]
94/60
You dig through the supply room again but can find no metal plates that aren't giant plates clearly made for the Bore.

Back away from the monster, away from the water and more into the cave itself (not towards the bore or teammates though). Shoot monster with pew pew priesterbeadz, unless I'm CERTAIN it hasn't noticed me or doesn't give chase, in which case just lay low.

49/95
You quietly float away and avoid detection.

consider possible routes down to the towers. Are there any? Stay on the bore though. Look for threats to teammates below, shoot at them if there are any.
Well, the easiest way is to head down would be underwater pancaek did. The more *Fun* way would be to blast into the worms with the cannons and clear a hole down.

Drink!
Also stay hydrated!

You are currently clinging to the ground to stop yourself from floating away. Woo this is a lot of drink.

Grumbling to himself, Engie wakes up and shakes off the puppeteer before look(ing) for some more materials to replace what broke.

((Sorry guys, just got back from a service break in the wilderness.))
28/80
You find yourself some nice metal plates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 19, 2017, 02:14:03 pm »

Seeing that Engi had more luck than he did, Doug shrugged.  "Eh.  I'll leave ya to it.  Thanks, buddy!"

With that, Doug went up to the cannon room and familiarized himself with the aiming controls, practicing aiming at any visible targets.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 19, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »

"How did you think that was a good idea?"

Help Rede not die. Find out if we can contact the Bore and tell them to lower the diving bell.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70