Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137769 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2017, 05:18:25 pm »

"If anybody would be so kind as to tether that rope up there to something sturdy, so I can get back up, and so we can descend, that would just be peachy"

I examine the rest of the room. Then peer down the hole to see if anything looks interesting. If they lower a rope, I'll descend to the next level.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 27, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »

leaveJoshua on the bridge. Put on a diving suit and some weights and head down below and start exploring towards either the "queer little lights" or the bottom of the ball, whichever is closer. The bottom of the ball it is, as Ozarck pointed out

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:56:43 am by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 27, 2017, 08:19:22 pm »

bottom of the ball is closer. significantly. and that is 300- 350 ft down.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 28, 2017, 10:43:40 am »

Vokun finds a diving suit and gets into the diving bell.

((I should get better at posting now))

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #589 on: February 28, 2017, 09:32:20 pm »

INameless returns to the surface. He'll check the diving bell for viewports or periscopes or other ways to examine the surroundings. He'll check in on Bargthor to see if he needs assistance.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover examines the crawler. Do we have other vehicles? I forget. Anyway, he's just checking for damage or maintenance issues.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

The Diving bell was never lowered down, I don't think, but it does have windows.

Move furniture around for a better starting position for the climb, and try to get up that way instead.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
21/80

You get Nameless to shove some furniture around, piling it up into a platform. Then you get him to stand on top of the platform and give you a boost up. With the platform and standing on nameless' shoulders, you manage to jump up and grab the edge to the upper room. You pull yourself up and in, and find a room with several low lying clamshell shaped stone structures, two of which are sitting open.  Both of the open structures contain shiny metallic objects. One is shaped like a "+" and has no visible function. The other looks like it might be a covering of some sort; it looks like a flexible circular metal thing made by overlapping several strips of metal.

Look at the worms. Look for a head.

Think about the materials needed for explosive bullets that ignite on impact. Also, think about materials needed for a 4x telescopic sighted sniper-rifle that could fire said bullets.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

90/90
Well, you now see enough to know that you can't see any heads here. They must be buried deeper in the ball.

Lets see.  Sniper rifle is probably 3 xstructural 4-containing 2, Transmitting 3.
Explosives shells; Structural 3, explosive 3, projectile 3.

If it's possible to spend actions aiming or readying a blow to kill the Mole more easily when it gets possessed, yeah, do that.  Nothing else to do aside from wait.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
You place the point of your sword right on the top of the mole's head.

"Come on come on come on"

Vokun finds a diving suit and gets into the diving bell.

((I should get better at posting now))

You climb into the diving bell and wait for someone to lower it.

leaveJoshua on the bridge. Put on a diving suit and some weights and head down below and start exploring towards either the "queer little lights" or the bottom of the ball, whichever is closer. The bottom of the ball it is, as Ozarck pointed out

You plop your friend down in the bridge and head down. You grab a suit and a few of the weights and head down. You let yourself sink, crawling hand over hand down to the bottom of the ball and the torn up foundation below it. The foundation here is directly connected to the towers that extend up through the worm balls, or more that they're one and the same. They're carved from one solid and unbroken stone. From down here you can see the openings to several of these towers, though many are stuffed with worms and impassable.

"If anybody would be so kind as to tether that rope up there to something sturdy, so I can get back up, and so we can descend, that would just be peachy"

I examine the rest of the room. Then peer down the hole to see if anything looks interesting. If they lower a rope, I'll descend to the next level.

Nameless throws you a rope on the way, but then he builds a platform over the hole you used to get in here so...swings and roundabouts.

The rest of the room is fairly bare, but its been badly scraped up by the passage of the worm. There's hints of painting on the walls but its too scuffed to make out the details. As per heading down, what are you gonna tie the rope to?

"Mhouh."

Apparently there are lights down in the water somewhere? That's what Radio is saying. Go look at those if they exist. And also tell me what they are.

Spoiler: Maurice (click to show/hide)
You drift down, away from the bore and toward the distant lights. But you don't get more than 100 feet beneath the water before the sea beasts start materializing. The one that decides you look tasty resembles nothing much more than a bunch of glowing balls with interconnected lines of light.

"How about we split up a little and try to learn more about these creatures and this structure before we try to dive deeper, or inform our compatriots of what we found? For example, maybe you could go check out those queer little lights down there in the water?"

Take a closer look at the shiny thing Rede just found. What is it, how is it used?

Then try to learn more about the structure these worms are coiling around. Where does it come from? Who did it belong to? How did it end up like this?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You drift down and try to get a good look at the object he found. You poke at it and draw some info out. Its a tool, used to control something. But you're not sure what.

You touch the tower. It came from below, with the lights. These things tore it out. But that was a while ago. Hard to tell how long. Time gets hazy over distances. You see the creatures dipicted in the paintings here, strange starfish-root creatures, swimming between floors.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 28, 2017, 09:47:27 pm »

"You were supposed to tie the rope off up there! Imbeciles."

Try to find a loose rock I could tie to the end of the rope.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 28, 2017, 09:49:56 pm »

"Very well."

Pew pew lazor beams from my forehead.
Can I feel sifoobbut messing with my physical body? Because fuckery is answerable with fuckery.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 28, 2017, 10:21:40 pm »

"There's some loot up here.  I'll go pass it down.  There's a whole bunch of stuff, so I'm going to open some crates after these first two."

Examine the two objects closely.  If the clamshell chests are light, pass down the whole chests to nameless.  If they're heavy, remove the items and pass those down.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 28, 2017, 10:23:41 pm »

Nameless ties the end of Razorblade's rope to some of the furniture up here, then he assists Bargthor in his looting and climbing.

Legs The Mover will operate the diving bell winch for interested parties.

[/quote]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 01, 2017, 07:31:31 am »

Can I see the monster that is attacking Maurice? If yes, engage the thing with pew pew priester beadz. Let the mole have the kill if possible, but don't take risks, go for the kill myself it if it manages to do any damage to either of us this turn.

If I can't see them, then instead inspect the thingies Bargthor just found.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 01, 2017, 01:00:08 pm »

Pick one of the towers with a clear opening and take a peek inside. Don't venture in too far yet, just have a looksie for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #596 on: March 01, 2017, 01:40:54 pm »

"You were supposed to tie the rope off up there! Imbeciles."

Try to find a loose rock I could tie to the end of the rope.

There are no loose rocks around here unfortunately. Biggest loose thing you have is the metal "T"

"Very well."

Pew pew lazor beams from my forehead.
Can I feel sifoobbut messing with my physical body? Because fuckery is answerable with fuckery.

You cannot.

[98/85]
You attempt to focus your energy through the eyedisk but it results in nothing but a fizzling puff of force.

[53/70 vs 80/85]
[16 damage to mind]

Wow.  Really wow.

"There's some loot up here.  I'll go pass it down.  There's a whole bunch of stuff, so I'm going to open some crates after these first two."

Examine the two objects closely.  If the clamshell chests are light, pass down the whole chests to nameless.  If they're heavy, remove the items and pass those down.

The "+" is made of a shiny reddish material and is absurdly heavy. So heavy the gauntlets whine and strain even when just dragging it. Judging by the feel of it, it seems organic rather than metallic. As per what it is or does, you can't really tell.

The other thing is far lighter and once removed from the clamshell resembles a sort of jointed beetleshell with straps on one side.  Maybe armor of some sort?

Nameless ties the end of Razorblade's rope to some of the furniture up here, then he assists Bargthor in his looting and climbing.

Legs The Mover will operate the diving bell winch for interested parties.

[/quote]
We'll assume you tie that off.

Yeah well you might  have bigger issues in a moment.

Can I see the monster that is attacking Maurice? If yes, engage the thing with pew pew priester beadz. Let the mole have the kill if possible, but don't take risks, go for the kill myself it if it manages to do any damage to either of us this turn.

If I can't see them, then instead inspect the thingies Bargthor just found.

You see the Mole get almost immediately subsumed by the monster. Uh oh.
Pick one of the towers with a clear opening and take a peek inside. Don't venture in too far yet, just have a looksie for now.

You stick your head in the nearest door and find a dark and gloomy room full of what looks like water soaked wood. And by full I mean stacked to the freaking ceiling.

(PLEASE STAND BY FOR MOLE HORRORS)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Suspitious Mole
« Reply #597 on: March 01, 2017, 02:01:23 pm »

"I'll just leave that one for later"

Pass down the beetleshell with straps, and open a couple more chest things

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 01, 2017, 02:37:31 pm »

Nameless attempts to wear the beetle shell armor.

Legs The Mover will, upon discovering that the mole has gone horrific, rush to the crawler and prep for evac (first opening exterior doors if necessary.)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 01, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »

Vokun waits for the diving bell to be lowered.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70