Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137873 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2017, 01:36:44 pm »

Radio-"Hey, Sif, Legs, could somebody toss down a coil of rope?"

I'll inform as many people as possible of my discovery, then examine the object closely. If it looks safe I'll touch it. If nothing happens, I'll pick it up.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:39:02 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2017, 01:38:18 pm »

Move down from the Bore onto the worms. Mentally anatomise one, assess what materials might be gained from it. Consider ways of getting one onto the Bore, alive or dead.

Also, think about materials needed for a sniper-rifle firing explosive bullets.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:06:10 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 25, 2017, 01:50:28 pm »

Keep an eye out for seabeasts while the Dau does his thing.

Spoiler: Maurice (click to show/hide)

Begin gathering knowledge for Technique: Power Within.
Drains 1d10 Body for 1d10 turns. Increase all physical stats by 10 for the duration, while decreasing all mental stats by 10 for the same duration.
Physical: Blast, Fight, Dodge, Cover, Endure, Move, Recover.
Mental: Hide, Find, Transcend, Build, Control.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:58:08 pm by Egan_BW »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 25, 2017, 01:52:25 pm »

Check out what mister mole's spirit looks like when he's diving. Can we talk to each other's spirit?

Then look closer at one of the worms. What kind of creatures are they? How intelligent do they seem? Are they communicating with each other? Are they all separate minds, or more like parts of one larger mind?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 25, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »

Nameless will begin ascending, in case the light-headedness is due to depth or proximity. Meanwhile, he will attempt to turn on any air supply he may have forgotten, provided he breathes and air matters. If this solves the problem, he'll remain below and examine the foundation. If he really starts to go dark, he'll empty his pockets of ballast and try to push away from the worm ball

To the crew:

Light headed.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs The Mover lowers via rope any supplies the adventurers below request. I am fully aware that this involves leaving the control room.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 25, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »

Bodyguarding divers is less about protecting them from other mundane people, and more about being ready to decapitate them when they inevitably become possessed by the inhabitants of the Deep Sea.  So bodyguarding the traitor mole diver is perfectly logical!

...Yeah, not doing anything.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 25, 2017, 07:19:24 pm »

Were there windows higher up on the outside of the tower?  If so, climb up that way.  If not, go for the tricky climb.

In fact, can the gauntlets cut through the wall?  If so, just climb up and make a hole.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:20:57 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #577 on: February 27, 2017, 01:43:30 pm »

Radio-"Hey, Sif, Legs, could somebody toss down a coil of rope?"

I'll inform as many people as possible of my discovery, then examine the object closely. If it looks safe I'll touch it. If nothing happens, I'll pick it up.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
You let as many people as will listen know about both your need for a rope and your discovery.

You take a very careful look at the object. There's nothing about it that looks dangerous, no little needles or spikes or anything that you can see. You pick it up with a bit of hesitation and sigh in relief when nothing happens.

Move down from the Bore onto the worms. Mentally anatomise one, assess what materials might be gained from it. Consider ways of getting one onto the Bore, alive or dead.

Also, think about materials needed for a sniper-rifle firing explosive bullets.

[Find 98/90]
You're really not sure what you could get from these things.  As per a way to get one onto the bore, you'd really need to know the size of a single worm. So far you've not seen the head of any of these things and if this entire ball is one worm, all coiled up, then it doesn't matter how you'd get it in the bore because the damn thing wouldn't fit.

Well, that depends. A sniper rifle is one thing, explosive bullets are another. You'd have to make both.

Keep an eye out for seabeasts while the Dau does his thing.

Begin gathering knowledge for Technique: Power Within.
Drains 1d10 Body for 1d10 turns. Increase all physical stats by 10 for the duration, while decreasing all mental stats by 10 for the same duration.
Physical: Blast, Fight, Dodge, Cover, Endure, Move, Recover.
Mental: Hide, Find, Transcend, Build, Control.

Nothing yet, probably because you're sitting between two big deep sea presences that hide your own presence.

Yeah, that one looks fine. Lets say 300 knowledge.

Check out what mister mole's spirit looks like when he's diving. Can we talk to each other's spirit?

Then look closer at one of the worms. What kind of creatures are they? How intelligent do they seem? Are they communicating with each other? Are they all separate minds, or more like parts of one larger mind?

His spirit at this level looks much like his physical body, though sort of shimmering and insubstantial, made of clumped points of light. And yes, you can talk to him.

What kind of creatures are they? Big ass worms, clearly. They seem to possess a strange intellect; most animal but with a distinct knowledge of the world around them and certain physical phenomena. It seems to have an instinctual understanding of fluid dynamics, for instance. They seem to communicate, though its hard to say exactly how. Maybe on a deeper level. And you can see, amongst them, maybe 2 dozen minds. They are very large, miles long at least.

Nameless will begin ascending, in case the light-headedness is due to depth or proximity. Meanwhile, he will attempt to turn on any air supply he may have forgotten, provided he breathes and air matters. If this solves the problem, he'll remain below and examine the foundation. If he really starts to go dark, he'll empty his pockets of ballast and try to push away from the worm ball

To the crew:

Light headed.

Legs The Mover lowers via rope any supplies the adventurers below request. I am fully aware that this involves leaving the control room.

You ascend upwards and the lightheadedness goes away. Must be depth related. A hard suit might be able to go deeper. Your oxygen is on as well. Thoughtful Corpse or not, you still have human biological functions. An engine heart though; they might be able to get deeper.

Legs uses a rope to lower down a rope. In other words he just tosses a rope out onto the island.

Someone still needs to bring it to Razor.

Bodyguarding divers is less about protecting them from other mundane people, and more about being ready to decapitate them when they inevitably become possessed by the inhabitants of the Deep Sea.  So bodyguarding the traitor mole diver is perfectly logical!

...Yeah, not doing anything.

You take a few practice swings at the mole's neck.

Were there windows higher up on the outside of the tower?  If so, climb up that way.  If not, go for the tricky climb.

In fact, can the gauntlets cut through the wall?  If so, just climb up and make a hole.

I don't believe so.
Tricky climb then.
57/40

You get about halfway up the wall before you lose your grip and fall down. Ow.

Cutting through might be possible, but not easy. See, the claws work well as scissors or snips but they don't pierce well, so it would be hard to dig through anything.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 27, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »

INameless returns to the surface. He'll check the diving bell for viewports or periscopes or other ways to examine the surroundings. He'll check in on Bargthor to see if he needs assistance.

Legs The Mover examines the crawler. Do we have other vehicles? I forget. Anyway, he's just checking for damage or maintenance issues.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:35 pm »

"How about we split up a little and try to learn more about these creatures and this structure before we try to dive deeper, or inform our compatriots of what we found? For example, maybe you could go check out those queer little lights down there in the water?"

Take a closer look at the shiny thing Rede just found. What is it, how is it used?

Then try to learn more about the structure these worms are coiling around. Where does it come from? Who did it belong to? How did it end up like this?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »

Look at the worms. Look for a head.

Think about the materials needed for explosive bullets that ignite on impact. Also, think about materials needed for a 4x telescopic sighted sniper-rifle that could fire said bullets.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:12:15 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 27, 2017, 02:48:58 pm »

"Mhouh."

Apparently there are lights down in the water somewhere? That's what Radio is saying. Go look at those if they exist. And also tell me what they are.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 27, 2017, 03:00:42 pm »

The lights in question. (also some info about wormball)

The worm ball is actually far larger underwater than it is above, stretching down for several hundred feet. There are more towers stuck in it than are visible on the surface too, and a huge stone base partially emerging from the bottom of the ball. It looks like these worms just swarmed and coiled around a city block worth of real  estate and proceeded to tear it and a chunk of the earth straight up and float off with them.

You climb a few feet down on the worms; they're definitely a free floating entity, not connected to anything else. As per those lights, they're quite expansive. Its hard to tell how far they go, you have no frame of reference for size or depth in that darkness below, but they seem to cover a large portion of the bottom (if they're actually on the bottom) of the cave here.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 27, 2017, 04:37:42 pm »

If it's possible to spend actions aiming or readying a blow to kill the Mole more easily when it gets possessed, yeah, do that.  Nothing else to do aside from wait.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 27, 2017, 04:41:45 pm »

Move furniture around for a better starting position for the climb, and try to get up that way instead.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70