Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137926 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #495 on: February 13, 2017, 07:14:54 pm »

Sifeebt shrugs, and then starts working on the dark cloth wrapped around his left arm.  After a few seconds he unwraps it enough to reveal his forearm--and a remarkable number of large scars crisscrossing the discolored flesh.  He points out a particularly large scar the fully encircles the arm, rotating it to demonstrate.  Sifeebt tilts his head and looks at a neaby patient, then shrugs again and wraps his arm back up.  He doesn't move away, simply remaining seated and watching Joshua intently.

((No action or sheet 'cause there's nothing to do~))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #496 on: February 13, 2017, 11:47:02 pm »

You could just walk the bore upstream and check that out perhaps?
I was thinks my that, but I think I would prefer to just go explore the depths, and hope to find some other thing than to stick around here any longer.

I'll try to walk, if I can't, I'll try to figure out if I just need to heal, or if I need a new leg. In any case, I want a crutch.

"Which one of you blokes wants to build me a new leg? If not, I wouldn't mind borrowing Tony's leg."
Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

You can walk pretty well right now. Not 100%, but better. You grab a crutch from the med bay and start using it to hobble around the bore more easily.

Legs The Mover appropriates the driver's seat and moves the Bore directly Left Five Spaces

Directly left? Tunneling or just trying to walk it? Because tunneling means driving this thing sideways, which means people are gonna have a hard time doing things.

Wait, so, the bore only really functions properly while descending? What the hell?
Is there tunnel to the left? if so, may as well walk it. Otherwise, go ahead and tunnel down and left, five spaces.

Let's walk upstream, if we can get up the waterfall again. Otherwise, bore down left five spaces.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Well it would basically force them to stop whatever they were doing and focus on attacking you.

As per cost I'll tell you what: You go do that in front of some dangerous enemies and you can then have that from now on.

Sounds "good." Nameless awaits the opportunity to make some enemies shoot at him.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
On route.

How about a technique that halves all the damage taken for a turn at the cost of also halving any damage done?
In real life or in the deep sea?

If you could make me take half damage in real life, oh boy, that'd be something! But other than that, deep sea will do for now. How much knowledge would this cost me?

Small question: since the lvl. 3 deep sea monster I killed gave me remains with [deep 3], does that imply that to get a [deep 5] tagged item I'd have to kill a lvl. 5 deep sea critter?

Oh, and if I had an idea for a type of suit that doesn't really give an armor bonus but instead a different stat bonus, how do we hash out the steps? Should I describe how it looks and how it's supposed to work IC in addition to what I'd like it to do mechanically, or only the latter?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

"Ah, you are a good student it seems my stoic friend. Go forth and spread the gift of knowledge! But don't talk so loud about cutting up my patients next time, will ya? They get all fidgety by the prospect of dismemberment."
A good amount; lets say 400.

Yep!

Well, that depends on the stat. Physical stats would work but a suit can't really give you mental stats...usually. But yeah, we can think about how it works and then I'd give you parts to find.

Alright lets dig out this sheet again...

The bore walks sideways for a good 15 hours, traveling slowly upstream along the tunnel. The river gets deeper and more powerful as the bore moves up the tunnel, until it struggles to continue against the torrent. Finally, the tunnel seems to end in a harsh upward slope. By now the entire tunnel is submerged and the bore is tilted forward against the power of the flow of water. Its hard to see, but it seems like if the bore could manage to climb up that slope, it would get into the source of all this water. Really, all you can see from the bridge is a black void beyond the hole in the stone where the water is flowing from. Probably a subterranean lake or even a sea. Probably.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:37 am »

Legs The Mover Will drive the Bore back along the tunnel and up our original bore hole three squares (to the 5th square down from the top of the map right in the middle.) Legs will then drill down right two squares. This should get us to the square above and to the right of our current location.

Nameless will offer himself up as a sparring partner while the Bore moves, wit the intent of gaining knowledge on his One-Shot technique. Nameless will spar either with weapons or without, depending on the preference of his partner, and will take each partner in the order they volunteer. He will fight until his opponent yields, or he does 25% damage to them, or they do 50% damage to him. Feel free to roll out the battles all in one round.

[/quote]

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2017, 12:11:38 am »

Time to go check if that crazy meatbag that was short one finger is away from the corpse.

Go find the corpse and see if there's some bones left unclaimed

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2017, 01:30:38 am »

If I feel up to it, spar with the nameless, either no weopons, or if possible practice weapons. I'll go until I have 50 body left, or stop if any injury is inflicted on my leg. I want to get a feel for how hard fighting will be in my condition. Once I'm done sparring, I'll find some place to do a bit of target practice.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 14, 2017, 03:05:45 am »

Yep!

Hmm. If I were to find the tag requirements for a certain object (in this case the depth dive that gives a +10 transcend) a bit difficult to achieve for now (don't think I could reliably take on a lvl.5) , could one 'design'/request an item that gives a lower bonus at a lower tag 'price' (in this case a +5 transcend)?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 14, 2017, 12:29:10 pm »

((did you guys remember to regain body when the Bore moved? 5 per square (if I remember correctly), so 15 points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #502 on: February 14, 2017, 09:40:36 pm »

((did you guys remember to regain body when the Bore moved? 5 per square (if I remember correctly), so 15 points.
Body and Mind actually.

Legs The Mover Will drive the Bore back along the tunnel and up our original bore hole three squares (to the 5th square down from the top of the map right in the middle.) Legs will then drill down right two squares. This should get us to the square above and to the right of our current location.

Nameless will offer himself up as a sparring partner while the Bore moves, wit the intent of gaining knowledge on his One-Shot technique. Nameless will spar either with weapons or without, depending on the preference of his partner, and will take each partner in the order they volunteer. He will fight until his opponent yields, or he does 25% damage to them, or they do 50% damage to him. Feel free to roll out the battles all in one round.

Alright, moved. See end of turn.

Nameless walks out into the common room and starts shouting  "Will punch people for money! Or free! Either way!"

Time to go check if that crazy meatbag that was short one finger is away from the corpse.

Go find the corpse and see if there's some bones left unclaimed

Well, I don't think engie will mind, so we'll say you grab a femur and humerus.

If I feel up to it, spar with the nameless, either no weopons, or if possible practice weapons. I'll go until I have 50 body left, or stop if any injury is inflicted on my leg. I want to get a feel for how hard fighting will be in my condition. Once I'm done sparring, I'll find some place to do a bit of target practice.
Well, you've got ...57 hp right now I think, after all this moving. You want to actually fight this out or just me to hard roll it? And are we fighting to 0 hp or just a set HP?

Yep!

Hmm. If I were to find the tag requirements for a certain object (in this case the depth dive that gives a +10 transcend) a bit difficult to achieve for now (don't think I could reliably take on a lvl.5) , could one 'design'/request an item that gives a lower bonus at a lower tag 'price' (in this case a +5 transcend)?

Hmmm. Its a reasonable question. I think thats a reasonable thing.

http://i.imgur.com/gaurvw4.png

The drill breaks through the roof of a massive, and I mean massive, cavern as you near the place you started at.  When you swing the search lights around they reveal a watery surface below you, maybe 60 feet, but there's no sign of the walls of the cave in any direction. Its almost like you're sitting in a trapdoor on a roof above the ocean.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »

((Lemme know what you guys wanna do here. I'll post a move action tomorrow evening, depending on what everyone wants.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:18 pm »

I think I should be back up to full actually, let me put out my math for you to check
I started with 22, then I rolled a 1 on recover, which if I'm not mistaken, means I get 35 back based on my recover skill, then they healed me for 11 points, then we moved 3 spaces, so that adds 15, in other words
(22+35+11+15)=83, but I have a cap of 75, so 75.
But it is entirely possible that I completely messed this up, if I did, explain how please.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 15, 2017, 02:34:49 am »

((Lemme know what you guys wanna do here. I'll post a move action tomorrow evening, depending on what everyone wants.))
((Jump down and record how big a splash you make.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 15, 2017, 05:40:54 am »

Moved for a while.  Started drilling.  Stopped drilling.  We must be in a new cave.

Go take a look out the door.  Is the fall longer than the one in the last cave?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:37:26 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2017, 01:07:41 pm »

((Perhaps up->up->downright? Basically I'd keep hugging the edge of the river until we find something. Seeing as how a civilization of any size would probably need some source of water (and water in general being conductive to life) I think further mapping this out could pay off. Though perhaps a more general 'keep exploring the edge of the water until we reach the end or we find something interesting' might make things quicker.))

If I were to find the tag requirements for a certain object (in this case the depth dive that gives a +10 transcend) a bit difficult to achieve for now (don't think I could reliably take on a lvl.5) , could one 'design'/request an item that gives a lower bonus at a lower tag 'price' (in this case a +5 transcend)?
Hmmm. Its a reasonable question. I think thats a reasonable thing.

In that case, what would be the tag requirements for a device that gives +5 transcend? What would the item look like?

Since we're grabbing pieces of people left and right anyway, see if I can't liberate a heart from our former friend turned self-service meatlocker.

Sifeebt shrugs, and then starts working on the dark cloth wrapped around his left arm.  After a few seconds he unwraps it enough to reveal his forearm--and a remarkable number of large scars crisscrossing the discolored flesh.  He points out a particularly large scar the fully encircles the arm, rotating it to demonstrate.  Sifeebt tilts his head and looks at a neaby patient, then shrugs again and wraps his arm back up.  He doesn't move away, simply remaining seated and watching Joshua intently.
"Ah yes, well, not everybody has had a life experience quite as desensitizing as yours must've been. Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll learn soon enough down here!"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:34:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2017, 05:47:58 pm »

((Perhaps up->up->downright? Basically I'd keep hugging the edge of the river until we find something. Seeing as how a civilization of any size would probably need some source of water (and water in general being conductive to life) I think further mapping this out could pay off. Though perhaps a more general 'keep exploring the edge of the water until we reach the end or we find something interesting' might make things quicker.))
Three things: One we are suspended directly over a giant cavern full of ocean right now, and not over the river at all. it's a sixty foot drop to the water.

Two: going directly up would require us to invert the Bore and dig upside down. PW has already said that digging directly sideways would make life challenging for the on the Bore, so, while i don't mind doing so, nothing of interest would get done while drilling.

Three: There is no three. I can't tell left from right sometimes.

Hey PW, I think you missed a square that we passed through - the one up-left from where we currently dangle over the Abyss. it's still marked black, but should be white?

I could take us up-left, up-left, up, up (which puts us at our starting square), down-right down-right, down-right, down-right (which will put us two squares to our right).
Or, to get to the same place, I can simply put us on our side, and go right, right.

I think I should be back up to full actually, let me put out my math for you to check
I started with 22, then I rolled a 1 on recover, which if I'm not mistaken, means I get 35 back based on my recover skill, then they healed me for 11 points, then we moved 3 spaces, so that adds 15, in other words
(22+35+11+15)=83, but I have a cap of 75, so 75.
But it is entirely possible that I completely messed this up, if I did, explain how please.

you would get 34 back from rolling 34 less than your stat, except that a 1 is a critical success, so you would probably have gotten double back. Not exactly sure there.

However: We have since moved an additional seven spaces. So, we have moved ten spaces since combat, which means everyone has recovered 50 points from Bore Travel alone.

((Jump down and record how big a splash you make.))
Noted and tempted.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »

We could just take the crawler out, it can go on ceilings if I remember correctly, and try to scout out some of the cavern

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70