Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137942 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #480 on: February 10, 2017, 07:41:46 pm »

I vote the bore start moving immediately!
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2017, 08:37:00 pm »

Uh...How about one that instead turns all their attacks onto him for a turn?

Would it still get the chance to cause them to miss their action? I mean, I'm basically drawing all attention to Nameless anyway, with a move action (so no attacking for nameless that turn.)

But yeah, "Draw Fire" is fine as a technique. How much would that cost, knowledge-wise? I mean, it seems pretty simple, though I guess wiser enemies would have a better chance of countering it.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2017, 09:12:09 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

...Honestly, probably chemical preservation, if we have the stuff. Otherwise, might as well chuck it into a fridge/freezer. Gonna have to make some sort of machine to keep organs "alive".

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2017, 10:08:58 am »

Give that explanation about what I learned of the spidergoo and crystals to whoever wants to listen. Then go and secure that crystal in a way that it can't accidentally roll around or fall, causing a ringing. A box with lots of padding perhaps?

How about a technique that halves all the damage taken for a turn at the cost of also halving any damage done?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:13:37 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2017, 08:40:13 pm »

Sit crosslegged next to one of the wounded, sabre resting in lap, and listen to Joshua silently.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #485 on: February 12, 2017, 10:59:59 am »

What happened to our driver by the way? The nice lady who was gonna paint jenny the robot on the side of the bore. I ask because getting this thing moving while everyone mucks about will speed healing and actions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 12, 2017, 11:54:32 am »

Legs The Mover appropriates the driver's seat and moves the Bore directly Left Five Spaces

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:13:31 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 12, 2017, 03:04:55 pm »

What happened to our driver by the way? The nice lady who was gonna paint jenny the robot on the side of the bore. I ask because getting this thing moving while everyone mucks about will speed healing and actions.
Another sad case of dirt-dementia.

Reposting action:
Give that explanation about what I learned of the spidergoo and crystals to whoever wants to listen. Then go and secure that crystal in a way that it can't accidentally roll around or fall, causing a ringing. A box with lots of padding perhaps?

How about a technique that halves all the damage taken for a turn at the cost of also halving any damage done?

If our new phantom-pilot is allowed to move the bore, brace myself for when he turns the bore 90° to move horizontally.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:08:29 pm by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 12, 2017, 04:14:57 pm »

Another sad case of dirt-dementia.

Deep Sea Foam on the brain.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #489 on: February 12, 2017, 06:41:52 pm »

Examine the new weapon

I wonder when the bore is going to move again.  That was fun.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
Diesel Gauntlets is a bit of a misnomer because yes, they are gauntlets, but they're more than just gauntlets. There's a mechanical system of complex hydraulics that goes up both arms and meets on your back. The gauntlets themselves are huge, and would be very heavy if not for the system to support them. They only have three fingers and the entire gauntlet piece looks to have been machined from a single cylinder of steel. Three exhaust ports branch from the sides of either glove and the actual fingers of the machine are not over your fingers, your fingers are hidden in the steel cylinder while the huge solid metal claws jut out, worked by hidden mechanics.

Uh...How about one that instead turns all their attacks onto him for a turn?

Would it still get the chance to cause them to miss their action? I mean, I'm basically drawing all attention to Nameless anyway, with a move action (so no attacking for nameless that turn.)

But yeah, "Draw Fire" is fine as a technique. How much would that cost, knowledge-wise? I mean, it seems pretty simple, though I guess wiser enemies would have a better chance of countering it.

Well it would basically force them to stop whatever they were doing and focus on attacking you.

As per cost I'll tell you what: You go do that in front of some dangerous enemies and you can then have that from now on.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

...Honestly, probably chemical preservation, if we have the stuff. Otherwise, might as well chuck it into a fridge/freezer. Gonna have to make some sort of machine to keep organs "alive".

The best we've got in terms of chemicals is salt or preservation fluid. They sent you down with supplies to get specimens but its like formaldehyde; there's a chance it might not work as intended after being preserved. Eyes might not sense anymore, things like that.

You give your talk about the horrors and wonders of the deep and then head down to the store room and strap the crystal down. It should be fine, so long as nothing breaches the hull. Oh god if something breaches the hull this is gonna be a nightmare.

In real life or in the deep sea?

Sit crosslegged next to one of the wounded, sabre resting in lap, and listen to Joshua silently.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
48/65

You get 15 knowledge.

Legs The Mover appropriates the driver's seat and moves the Bore directly Left Five Spaces

Directly left? Tunneling or just trying to walk it? Because tunneling means driving this thing sideways, which means people are gonna have a hard time doing things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 12, 2017, 07:09:48 pm »

Directly left? Tunneling or just trying to walk it? Because tunneling means driving this thing sideways, which means people are gonna have a hard time doing things.

Wait, so, the bore only really functions properly while descending? What the hell?
Is there tunnel to the left? if so, may as well walk it. Otherwise, go ahead and tunnel down and left, five spaces.

Let's walk upstream, if we can get up the waterfall again. Otherwise, bore down left five spaces.

Well it would basically force them to stop whatever they were doing and focus on attacking you.

As per cost I'll tell you what: You go do that in front of some dangerous enemies and you can then have that from now on.

Sounds "good." Nameless awaits the opportunity to make some enemies shoot at him.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:51:12 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 12, 2017, 07:21:19 pm »

You could just walk the bore upstream and check that out perhaps?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 12, 2017, 08:27:30 pm »

I was thinks my that, but I think I would prefer to just go explore the depths, and hope to find some other thing than to stick around here any longer.

I'll try to walk, if I can't, I'll try to figure out if I just need to heal, or if I need a new leg. In any case, I want a crutch.

"Which one of you blokes wants to build me a new leg? If not, I wouldn't mind borrowing Tony's leg."
Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:05:46 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46:47 pm »

Sure. I'll edit the post.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 13, 2017, 12:20:02 pm »

In real life or in the deep sea?

If you could make me take half damage in real life, oh boy, that'd be something! But other than that, deep sea will do for now. How much knowledge would this cost me?

Small question: since the lvl. 3 deep sea monster I killed gave me remains with [deep 3], does that imply that to get a [deep 5] tagged item I'd have to kill a lvl. 5 deep sea critter?

Oh, and if I had an idea for a type of suit that doesn't really give an armor bonus but instead a different stat bonus, how do we hash out the steps? Should I describe how it looks and how it's supposed to work IC in addition to what I'd like it to do mechanically, or only the latter?

"Ah, you are a good student it seems my stoic friend. Go forth and spread the gift of knowledge! But don't talk so loud about cutting up my patients next time, will ya? They get all fidgety by the prospect of dismemberment."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:04:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70