Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137944 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #465 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:48 pm »

Oh. Were we supposed to be carrying people to the sickbay? My bad. Retroactive action: carry sick people to the sickbay.

Current action: ... Faff about, I guess. In my Christopher Walken mode. I'll save Richard for murder time, I guess.

Edit: rerequesting enahncement wire from our builders.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:37:04 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 08, 2017, 08:08:48 pm »

Sorry I didn't post for a few days. Any chance I got any knowledge for shooting that Urchin with the bore's cannon?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 08, 2017, 08:17:40 pm »

59/95
You think that maybe tearing these crystals from their homes could create some sort of cascade effect. Might not, but its a definite chance. And it might not be a good idea to do it with the bore literally in the room directly under the black goo. So you just take the bits of the sea monster and return to your body.
To animate him you'll need a full body, or at least MOST of it. an arm or a leg or maybe an organ or two might be missing but you definitely need the brain and heart. Though you could replace the missing head with the head of something else that was once living.
Yeah, no thanks, not gonna start a failure cascade if I can help it.

Could you give me the exact recipe for a depth drive?

Into how many pieces could I break that crystal, and how would this affect the tags the pieces have?

If I were to explain to the others what I saw in the spidergoo and crystal ball and what they are, would this give them some knowledge?

"So would anyone mind if I repaired that earthly embodiment of out former friend for when someone misplaces his in the future? Oh, and I could probably split up that honeycomb-o'crystal into separate parts relatively safely so multiple people can have a piece. Ya'll want a piece of this action?"

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:24:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 08, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »

"I want a piece of the crystal!"
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 08, 2017, 09:29:45 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Preserve the limbs and organs of the corpse, all seperately. They will be useful. It might be easier to let me know what isn't salvageable, like the brain. Organs I'm most interested in would be like, the heart and liver/kidneys, thyroid and adrenal glands. Those hormone producers could be used for some... Fun creations.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2017, 03:24:42 am »

Consider what kind of eyes improvements I could make from fragments of the crystal ball. Some sort of hard transparent shield over both the sockets?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

((Doing recovery roll now; didn't understand system previously))

Recovery: 1d100: [75] (Failure)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #471 on: February 09, 2017, 10:09:51 am »

Twiddle my thumbs in Medbay waiting for somebody to come try to fix my broken leg.

"Could somebody come look at my leg? I would really like to be able to walk again, so if somebody could handle that, I would appreciate it."

09/NO SHEET
The attempt to carve tony vermis on the crawler interior results instead with what looks like "Gody Vermits"

Sorry, I didn't think it was something that would require a skill check.

...Hmm, do we have a medic? We barely have drivers.

Oh. Were we supposed to be carrying people to the sickbay? My bad. Retroactive action: carry sick people to the sickbay.

Current action: ... Faff about, I guess. In my Christopher Walken mode. I'll save Richard for murder time, I guess.

Edit: rerequesting enahncement wire from our builders.

You do the "weapon of choice" dance.

Sorry I didn't post for a few days. Any chance I got any knowledge for shooting that Urchin with the bore's cannon?

30 knowledge seems reasonable.

59/95
You think that maybe tearing these crystals from their homes could create some sort of cascade effect. Might not, but its a definite chance. And it might not be a good idea to do it with the bore literally in the room directly under the black goo. So you just take the bits of the sea monster and return to your body.
To animate him you'll need a full body, or at least MOST of it. an arm or a leg or maybe an organ or two might be missing but you definitely need the brain and heart. Though you could replace the missing head with the head of something else that was once living.
Yeah, no thanks, not gonna start a failure cascade if I can help it.

Could you give me the exact recipe for a depth drive?

Into how many pieces could I break that crystal, and how would this affect the tags the pieces have?

If I were to explain to the others what I saw in the spidergoo and crystal ball and what they are, would this give them some knowledge?

"So would anyone mind if I repaired that earthly embodiment of out former friend for when someone misplaces his in the future? Oh, and I could probably split up that honeycomb-o'crystal into separate parts relatively safely so multiple people can have a piece. Ya'll want a piece of this action?"

Yeah...though not right now I'm hurrying. Post in the OOC and I'll reply then when I get back home.

Well, it could give it a size tag. I mean, the size tag is generally reserved for really small or big things. The Bore would have like "Size 7"  If you cut it really small you could give it like Size 4 through 2. If you cut it so it's sharp it would gain sharp tags, cut it smooth and...well I think you see where I'm going. Most of the tags for it are gonna remain static, but you can add some depending on how you cut it up.

Uh...good question...hmm. Maybe a little if they succeed a transcend roll to understand what the hell you're saying.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Preserve the limbs and organs of the corpse, all seperately. They will be useful. It might be easier to let me know what isn't salvageable, like the brain. Organs I'm most interested in would be like, the heart and liver/kidneys, thyroid and adrenal glands. Those hormone producers could be used for some... Fun creations.
Hmm well basically everything is salvagable, except for the stuff in the head because, well, someone already stole it. That and the hand. Today I'll sit down and really parse out what can be scavanged from a human body and what all the tags are. Because I feel we'll probably be scaving them a lot.

Consider what kind of eyes improvements I could make from fragments of the crystal ball. Some sort of hard transparent shield over both the sockets?

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

((Doing recovery roll now; didn't understand system previously))

Recovery: 1d100: [75] (Failure)
I mean...if you mean goggles, you could do that. But do you really want to jam extradimensional beehives into your flesh? You saw what happened to tony, right?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 09, 2017, 11:03:20 am »

Uh...good question...hmm. Maybe a little if they succeed a transcend roll to understand what the hell you're saying.
"If anyone is interested in learning more about the wonders of nature we just witnessed, come help me with the wounded and I'll tell you all about it."
Lend medical assistance if I can to my teammates. The most wounded ones first. I think Rede needs help with his legs for example? Regale the tale of strange psychic beehives to my patients and whoever shows up to help.

It seems I'm not having a lot of luck with thinking of possible techniques. Could you explain to me why the previous one (the one about preventing deep sea monsters to spawn for a turn by paying some mind and lowering transcend) was not open for negotiation?

"Then gather all the others who would be interested as well so I know in how many pieces to cut it. Preferably after the bore has moved though, this environment seems to be rather unhealthy for all involved."

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:35:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 09, 2017, 11:56:43 am »

I'll start to examine my leg, no fixing, but just getting an idea of exactly how bad it is

So, we have a couple of options, we could stay here and keep seeing what we could do with the goo, we could go check out the other side of the river, or we could keep drilling. I vote we check out the other side of the river really quick, then keep drilling.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 09, 2017, 03:08:36 pm »

Sifeebt will follow Joshua and help with the wounded.  Since he has no build skill whatsoever, I assume this help will take the form of fetching tools, knocking unruly patients unconscious, and perhaps amputation, as needed.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 09, 2017, 06:37:15 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8
Pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Perhaps that was worth a knowledge point or two toward my tech? Or toward another tech: Dance of Distraction [use a Move action to disorient and confuse the enemy. reduces their blast and fight skills against teammates (say, by 10 points). Concentrates attention on the user, but forces a reaction roll in order to act for one turn]

in other words : makes it harder for the enemy to shoot or stab muh friends, while making them stare at me in disbelief. Downside is, it doesn't make them less capable of shooting or stabbing Nameless, and they are paying lots of attention to him. Those who see this action have to roll will in order to act that turn.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:55:53 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 09, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »

Walk around where Joshua needs me to. You know, since he's in my basket.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2017, 01:35:19 pm »

Preserve the body.

Throughout the ship, through the comm system, Engie pipes up before donning his butcher's outfit.
"Once I'm done keepin' these meats good, I'm ready to move y'all to the next destination."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #478 on: February 10, 2017, 07:12:23 pm »

"If anyone is interested in learning more about the wonders of nature we just witnessed, come help me with the wounded and I'll tell you all about it."
Lend medical assistance if I can to my teammates. The most wounded ones first. I think Rede needs help with his legs for example? Regale the tale of strange psychic beehives to my patients and whoever shows up to help.

It seems I'm not having a lot of luck with thinking of possible techniques. Could you explain to me why the previous one (the one about preventing deep sea monsters to spawn for a turn by paying some mind and lowering transcend) was not open for negotiation?

"Then gather all the others who would be interested as well so I know in how many pieces to cut it. Preferably after the bore has moved though, this environment seems to be rather unhealthy for all involved."

59/70
11 Hp restored to the guys in the med bay.

You do what you can for the injured; suturing and splinting and relocating the dislocated. Any more damage they'll just have to heal the old fashion way.

The deep sea powers are very powerful. Perhaps even Overpowered. The critters not being summoned when you step in means you could dive in, dive down to the third level, do something, and then get out before they even notice you. And that would be VERY broken.

I'll start to examine my leg, no fixing, but just getting an idea of exactly how bad it is

So, we have a couple of options, we could stay here and keep seeing what we could do with the goo, we could go check out the other side of the river, or we could keep drilling. I vote we check out the other side of the river really quick, then keep drilling.
A kindly monk came by and fixed you up as best he could. Recover 11 hp.

Sifeebt will follow Joshua and help with the wounded.  Since he has no build skill whatsoever, I assume this help will take the form of fetching tools, knocking unruly patients unconscious, and perhaps amputation, as needed.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
You continously try to talk the monk into letting you cut off one of the injured's legs. Or arm. Or head. Really any of them work. You kind of just wanna cut a fool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8
Pretty much exactly what I had in mind. Perhaps that was worth a knowledge point or two toward my tech? Or toward another tech: Dance of Distraction [use a Move action to disorient and confuse the enemy. reduces their blast and fight skills against teammates (say, by 10 points). Concentrates attention on the user, but forces a reaction roll in order to act for one turn]

in other words : makes it harder for the enemy to shoot or stab muh friends, while making them stare at me in disbelief. Downside is, it doesn't make them less capable of shooting or stabbing Nameless, and they are paying lots of attention to him. Those who see this action have to roll will in order to act that turn.

Uh...How about one that instead turns all their attacks onto him for a turn?

Walk around where Joshua needs me to. You know, since he's in my basket.

Master to his blaster. Or was it vice versa? Hmm.

Preserve the body.

Throughout the ship, through the comm system, Engie pipes up before donning his butcher's outfit.
"Once I'm done keepin' these meats good, I'm ready to move y'all to the next destination."
How, specifically?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2017, 07:16:51 pm »

Examine the new weapon

I wonder when the bore is going to move again.  That was fun.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70