Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137952 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2017, 07:13:31 pm »

If I can walk, I'll go over to the Hedgehog corpse and grab any spikes that I see, then return to the Crawler and wait for a pilot.
If I can't walk, Ill just wait in the Crawler.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:12:19 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2017, 10:12:24 pm »

Recover: 34
In the future recover is a thing I will want boosted.

Figure out if I can walk.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2017, 03:34:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get the crawler into the digger. Examine the crystal if I have time.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2017, 07:36:37 am »

Verne does a last check for loot nearby, then gets into the crawler.

((Won't do recovery roll as going back next turn anyway.))
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #454 on: February 06, 2017, 12:00:42 pm »

5 points of knowledge for threatening a driver, wandering around in the watery cave, pushing a ball and a rock, and then mutilating the body of the driver I threatened to get us here. Mission accomplished!

edit: also, rest in peace (and in pieces), Tony

Await our return into the bore.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
You've learned a lot about the reality of teamwork.

You grab the bits of the creature [Weird 2-Deep 3-shiny 4]. They can both be held on to and brought back to the material world.
[100/95] You're really not sure how dangerous those crystals are.

Try again to assess the danger those crystals, and whether I could go and grab the remaining crystals without attracting more deep sea villains.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Also, a technique that prevents more deep sea monsters from spawning on a certain turn at the cost of lowering transcend rolls and maybe some mind points, yay or nay on principle?
39/85
The crystals are like bee hives...you think, you've only ever heard of bees in history. But bees were creatures that lived in wax homes and if you threatened their home, they would attack you. These creatures seem to behave similarly. The crystals are safe so long as their inhabitants do not feel threatened. Any sort of attempt to manipulate them might be dangerous if done with mundane tools; but you're pretty sure you could cut the crystals apart in the deep sea without angering the inhabitants. Assuming you did it correctly.

Grabbing the "Remaining" crystals might be hard because there are literally hundreds of the things. Place looks like an underground star field remember?

Nay.

Oh, the bore's right there.  Well, time to unstrap myself and walk across the cave into the bore.  Are the spotlights in reach from the ground?

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
You unstrap and walk over to the bore. The spotlights are still a good 20 feet up off the surface, at least. See, there's this big drill at the bottom that sort of seperates you from the actual body of the bore.

If I can walk, I'll go over to the Hedgehog corpse and grab any spikes that I see, then return to the Crawler and wait for a pilot.
If I can't walk, Ill just wait in the Crawler.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

Walk? Uh, well your legs did just get smashed under a rock so we're gonna roll for that.
66/40

Nope, you're not walking anywhere for a while.

That recovery roll means you get 6 body and mind back.

40/60

You think you could walk, albeit not quickly nor well.

Verne does a last check for loot nearby, then gets into the crawler.

((Won't do recovery roll as going back next turn anyway.))

28/No sheet

Nope, don't see anything else around here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get the crawler into the digger. Examine the crystal if I have time.
50/80
You head down, open the main doors, and extend the ramp for the crawler. Then, when the crawler remains exactly where it is, you head down and get into the crawler. You find that they are completely lacking in terms of competent pilots. Well, competent LIVING pilots as it seems that they have decapitated the former pilot and placed his head on the driver's seat. You sincerely wonder if it was a good idea to come down here.

Regardless, you pilot the crawler back up into the bore, retract the ramp and close the main doors behind you.

Following Barg's example, Sifeebt's gonna just walk (climb?) back to the bore, heading to the sanctuary, where he's gonna faceplant into some pillows until his mind regens some.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
You wander back to the  sanctuary and lay around on the pillows, waiting for your head to stop hurting.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 06, 2017, 12:09:04 pm »

"Could somebody please go collect those stone spikes, if we want to make guns, we'll need something to use as projectiles!"

Since I can't walk, I'll hope somebody helps me to the hospital, in the mean time, I'll engrave "Tony Vermis" into the interior wall of the crawler.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 06, 2017, 01:24:35 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

...Engie curious. Time to Find out what I can salvage from dead bodies and crystals.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:34:19 pm by Gentlefish »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 06, 2017, 01:31:49 pm »

-snip-

40/60

Alright, I've done the regen. So, how do we recover more body/mind? Also, what materials would I need for the reference guide?

Get to the sickbay.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 06, 2017, 02:09:24 pm »

39/85
The crystals are like bee hives...you think, you've only ever heard of bees in history. But bees were creatures that lived in wax homes and if you threatened their home, they would attack you. These creatures seem to behave similarly. The crystals are safe so long as their inhabitants do not feel threatened. Any sort of attempt to manipulate them might be dangerous if done with mundane tools; but you're pretty sure you could cut the crystals apart in the deep sea without angering the inhabitants. Assuming you did it correctly.

Grabbing the "Remaining" crystals might be hard because there are literally hundreds of the things. Place looks like an underground star field remember?

Nay.

Since it seems we are preparing to leave and I don't wanna hold up everything, just grab a couple of those crystals, but only if this can be done safely (don't feel like triggering another round of sanity-blender). What would happen if the crystals are cut apart? Does this lower their 'quality', making the tags of the pieces less valuable?

If I don't think any of the crystals could be grabbed safely, just deposit the deep sea monster's remains near my body.

What parts of Tony's body would be needed to reanimate the corpse? Just the head or torso, or both head and torso?

((With a little luck I can grab at least one more crystal and break it up so that everybody who helped out can get a piece.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 06, 2017, 07:01:43 pm »

"Could somebody please go collect those stone spikes, if we want to make guns, we'll need something to use as projectiles!"

Since I can't walk, I'll hope somebody helps me to the hospital, in the mean time, I'll engrave "Tony Vermis" into the interior wall of the crawler.

Nameless will reopen the main doors, re extend the ramp, walk down to the hedgehog remains, gather up as many as he can reasonably carry, and return to the Bore, depositing the spikes near Razorblade.

He will then take his loot (AKA, Tony's head) and place it on a table or something in his room, which he is now commandeering. Call it the one closest to the hull next to the leg (the lowest one on the Bore diagram). If the crew quarters are simply a series of bunks, he will take the lowest bunk in that position, and place the head at the foot of the bed.

You were. A good pilot.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 07, 2017, 12:12:24 am »

Go pick up my diesel gauntlets

(So.. how is permanent damage healed?)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:52:54 am by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 07, 2017, 02:36:37 pm »

((I believe it is something like "at a rate of 10 an hour while in a safe place like the bore. Assuming, of course, that the bore isn't itself in combat during those times.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 07, 2017, 03:30:01 pm »

((I believe it is something like "at a rate of 10 an hour while in a safe place like the bore. Assuming, of course, that the bore isn't itself in combat during those times.))
((If only we had some sort of location where information like that could be archived... ( :P)

Anyways, here's the healing info from the docs file:
Healing
After combat ends, each surviving participant rolls Recover. If they succeed, they regain body and mind points equal to the success of the recovery, up to full. If they fail, however, any of that damage becomes permanent until they return to the Bore or other safe place, where they then heal at a rate of 10 per every 20 hours. This can compound. So, for example, if a player has 100 body points, loses 20, and then fails their recover roll, then their max drops to 80. If they lose another 20 and fail again, then their max drops to 60. That means that even if they succeed on other rolls, their body will be capped at 60.  This lost health can be recovered with items. So a player with their body capped at 60 who used a first aid kit and got +10 body would go up to 70 max body and recover points up to there.
Emphasis mine.

In other words, since each square on the map is 5 hours of drilling, 4 squares per 10 healing body and/or mind.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #463 on: February 08, 2017, 10:47:26 am »

-snip-

40/60

Alright, I've done the regen. So, how do we recover more body/mind? Also, what materials would I need for the reference guide?

Get to the sickbay.

Gonna assume DESPITE THE UTTER LACK OF PEOPLE CARRYING THE INJURED TO THE SICKBAY, gonna assume people you guys get dragged out and into the medbay.

09/NO SHEET
The attempt to carve tony vermis on the crawler interior results instead with what looks like "Gody Vermits"

As per the reference guide, really just marking 1 and structural 1 or higher. Paper and ink, really.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

...Engie curious. Time to Find out what I can salvage from dead bodies and crystals.
16/80

The body can be broken down into organic parts of varying levels, with heart and brain worth the most. Albeit only as long as they're preserved or used immediately. And the brain is somewhat compromised due to the stab wound. So organic 1-5.

The crystal is [deep 1-weird 3-structural 7-energy 4-shiny 2- Living 1]

39/85

Nay.

Since it seems we are preparing to leave and I don't wanna hold up everything, just grab a couple of those crystals, but only if this can be done safely (don't feel like triggering another round of sanity-blender). What would happen if the crystals are cut apart? Does this lower their 'quality', making the tags of the pieces less valuable?

If I don't think any of the crystals could be grabbed safely, just deposit the deep sea monster's remains near my body.

What parts of Tony's body would be needed to reanimate the corpse? Just the head or torso, or both head and torso?

((With a little luck I can grab at least one more crystal and break it up so that everybody who helped out can get a piece.))
59/95
You think that maybe tearing these crystals from their homes could create some sort of cascade effect. Might not, but its a definite chance. And it might not be a good idea to do it with the bore literally in the room directly under the black goo. So you just take the bits of the sea monster and return to your body.

To animate him you'll need a full body, or at least MOST of it. an arm or a leg or maybe an organ or two might be missing but you definitely need the brain and heart. Though you could replace the missing head with the head of something else that was once living.

Nameless will reopen the main doors, re extend the ramp, walk down to the hedgehog remains, gather up as many as he can reasonably carry, and return to the Bore, depositing the spikes near Razorblade.

He will then take his loot (AKA, Tony's head) and place it on a table or something in his room, which he is now commandeering. Call it the one closest to the hull next to the leg (the lowest one on the Bore diagram). If the crew quarters are simply a series of bunks, he will take the lowest bunk in that position, and place the head at the foot of the bed.

You were. A good pilot.

You gather up an armful of stones. They look like normal stones to you, honestly, their sharpness is not amazing or anything. You dump them in the hanger before grabbing tony's head and walking to your bunk. You stick it at the foot of your bunk and nod, approvingly.

Go pick up my diesel gauntlets

You collect the remants of a bygone era.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:28 am »

Twiddle my thumbs in Medbay waiting for somebody to come try to fix my broken leg.

"Could somebody come look at my leg? I would really like to be able to walk again, so if somebody could handle that, I would appreciate it."

09/NO SHEET
The attempt to carve tony vermis on the crawler interior results instead with what looks like "Gody Vermits"

Sorry, I didn't think it was something that would require a skill check.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:08:26 am by The Lupanian »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 70