Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137959 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »

Assist the insulting robot in making sure the crystal is strapped down securely.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #436 on: February 02, 2017, 11:14:46 pm »

now that I'm safe, I'll unjam my pistol, then address my wound, how bad is it?

"So, if and when we're safe, somebody should go search the wreckage of the hedgehog thing, I'll bet we could use those spines as arrows or something, there might also be something useful for deep sea like creations, as there was a deep thing in it.
Also bring Tony's corpse in, it could be useful, or we could give him a proper passing, I think he's owed at least that much."

You unjam your pistol and reholster it before looking at your legs. They're....well you're pretty sure bones are supposed to stay IN the leg.

Go search stone hedgehog corpse for useful stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[65/90]
You walk over to the rubble of the hedgehog and kick through the wreckage until you find some interesting looking stones buried in the center. They're bright green, smooth like river rocks, and extremely heavy for their size. [Heavy 7-smooth 3-projectile 4-weird 1]

"Nobody's safe until this crystal is locked down"

Give it another shot.  I don't want this shiny thing rolling around, lest another batch of meatbags go crazy.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
68/40
You sit around, pushing on the crystal for several minutes, but are unable to move it.

Somehow, not dead yet! Well, once more into the fray I guess?

Suppose I'm able to beat this thing, will that mean we're good on the deep sea monster front for a while, or is there a chance for more to spawn in the same location?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Assuming you beat this and then don't do anything major to draw attention, you'll be ok.

29/95 vs 49/80 Double damage! 13x2 26!
You lash out one last time with your beads and bash the beast into pieces. It crumbles apart, leaving only a few glowing fragments behind.

Just gaze out of the bridge windows a bit, see what the team is up to down there. Also look for threats to the ground team.

They're all...or at least most of them have gone and hid in the crawler. A few of them are wandering about, poking at rocks and rolling crystals. You don't see anyone threatening them for the moment.

You roll the boulder off the two people trapped under it. You feel like your time is increasingly spent rolling large rocks and watching teammates die or get horribly injured.

Time well spent

Roll the Crystal boulder Crystal to the side of the crawler, off of Vokun away from the doorinto the crawler very carefully so as not to cause him further harm. If there's room and we don't crush anyone.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Go stand somewhere people aren't standing, and run away from anything dangerous. Then try and see a way up to where the crystals have been raised.

Well, considering everyone else is now in the crawler, anywhere but there is a place they're not standing. Man your head hurts. You stagger out of the crawler and a ways away to try and figure out a way up to the crystals.

82/90

Uh...well you think you see a way that you might be able to climb up but its really fucking high man. And the climb is vertical most of the way, except for the parts where it's over vertical. You don't really know if you can manage it.
~I know someone who could climb that~
77/80
You roll the crystal into the crawler and sort of wedge it in place.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Wait, can we do that? Contemplate deep-sea depth charges.
68/90

Uh....yeah probably with the right materials.

Assist the insulting robot in making sure the crystal is strapped down securely.

You double check the straps. It wouldn't be great for that to fall out and mind fuck everyone to death.

Alrlight, everyone make a Recover roll yourselves. If you succeed, you regain body and mind equal to how much you succeeded by.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2017, 12:07:19 am »

Alright, try to make a recover roll
I know you aren't going to believe me, but I rolled a 1. If you think I'm lying just fail me. I did take a screenshot if you really want proof I can upload it.

"Oy, Verne, could you collect up all those spines for me please?"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:28:22 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2017, 01:03:34 am »

31/20, failure.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2017, 11:02:56 am »

"Thou wert a worthy foe, but alas for thee, could not overcome my wicked style. Perhaps there is life after death for you though..."

Gather the remains of the monster and get out of the wall. Can I hang onto this for later and store it somehow, or does it have to be used right now? Could these remains be transubstantiated into the material world?

Oh, and those crystal balls, are they still dangerous apart from hitting them and making them ring? Could they still influence the material world or spawn monsters (not just the one we have but the others as well)?

Alrlight, everyone make a Recover roll yourselves. If you succeed, you regain body and mind equal to how much you succeeded by.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:00:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #440 on: February 03, 2017, 11:25:32 am »

I'm just gonna take everyone's word on what they got because I trust you guys.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 03, 2017, 02:42:49 pm »

"Time to go pick up the stragglers I suppose."

Engie does what engie does second-best: pilot. Take either a second crawler, or the bore if necessary, down to the losers outgoing party.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 03, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »

I just wish I could gain knowledge for mrolling heavy things around in water, and turn it into something useful, like an "against the tide" move skill or something.

Take Tony's head, place it in the driver's seat of the crawler, and order it to drive us back to the Bore. then find a spot in the crawler where I am not directly causing damage to others and just take up space.

Take. us home.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 03, 2017, 07:40:07 pm »

Strap myself in, and watch the various meatbags ooze.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2017, 08:12:44 pm »

((I rolled a 1.  I suppose that means I'm at max body.))

Continue waiting in the crawler, sabre resting on lap.  Wonder when we get knowledge.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2017, 09:21:38 am »

Alright, try to make a recover roll
I know you aren't going to believe me, but I rolled a 1. If you think I'm lying just fail me. I did take a screenshot if you really want proof I can upload it.

"Oy, Verne, could you collect up all those spines for me please?"
Ok, heal it up.
"Thou wert a worthy foe, but alas for thee, could not overcome my wicked style. Perhaps there is life after death for you though..."

Gather the remains of the monster and get out of the wall. Can I hang onto this for later and store it somehow, or does it have to be used right now? Could these remains be transubstantiated into the material world?

Oh, and those crystal balls, are they still dangerous apart from hitting them and making them ring? Could they still influence the material world or spawn monsters (not just the one we have but the others as well)?

You grab the bits of the creature [Weird 2-Deep 3-shiny 4]. They can both be held on to and brought back to the material world.
[100/95] You're really not sure how dangerous those crystals are.

"Time to go pick up the stragglers I suppose."

Engie does what engie does second-best: pilot. Take either a second crawler, or the bore if necessary, down to the losers outgoing party.
[20/80]
You pilot the bore down into the cave, carefully easing it down so that it doesn't crush anyone.

I just wish I could gain knowledge for mrolling heavy things around in water, and turn it into something useful, like an "against the tide" move skill or something.

Take Tony's head, place it in the driver's seat of the crawler, and order it to drive us back to the Bore. then find a spot in the crawler where I am not directly causing damage to others and just take up space.

Take. us home.

You walk over to tony's body and wrench his head off. You then proceed to carry it into the crawler, past a bunch of horrified teammates, and plop it down in the driver's seat. You point to the cave mouth, pat the head, and then go sit down.

Strap myself in, and watch the various meatbags ooze.

Oh and ooze they do! All over the floor. Its quite disgusting! Actually mr.broken legs seems to have regenerated pretty well, though I'm not sure how well because of his lack of sheet.

((I rolled a 1.  I suppose that means I'm at max body.))

Continue waiting in the crawler, sabre resting on lap.  Wonder when we get knowledge.

You strap in and get ready to go.

So, lets knowledge it up.
Brag was the first into the cavern so +10 Knowledge for him.
Everyone else gets +5 for showing up.
Anyone who fought tony gets +10.
Sy gets an extra +5 for dealing a really good blow
Vokun (I think) gets +10 for the killing blow
RC gets an extra +40 for all his actions

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2017, 12:17:02 pm »

5 points of knowledge for threatening a driver, wandering around in the watery cave, pushing a ball and a rock, and then mutilating the body of the driver I threatened to get us here. Mission accomplished!

edit: also, rest in peace (and in pieces), Tony

Await our return into the bore.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:03:52 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2017, 01:47:54 pm »

You grab the bits of the creature [Weird 2-Deep 3-shiny 4]. They can both be held on to and brought back to the material world.
[100/95] You're really not sure how dangerous those crystals are.

Try again to assess the danger those crystals, and whether I could go and grab the remaining crystals without attracting more deep sea villains.

Also, a technique that prevents more deep sea monsters from spawning on a certain turn at the cost of lowering transcend rolls and maybe some mind points, yay or nay on principle?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:53:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2017, 03:06:19 pm »

Oh, the bore's right there.  Well, time to unstrap myself and walk across the cave into the bore.  Are the spotlights in reach from the ground?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:54:50 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »

Following Barg's example, Sifeebt's gonna just walk (climb?) back to the bore, heading to the sanctuary, where he's gonna faceplant into some pillows until his mind regens some.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 70