Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137886 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #390 on: January 28, 2017, 09:34:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Help man the wheel

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 28, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »

[bNameless observes the spiky stone ball, attempting to evaluate it's threat value. If it's threat value appears to be out of his fighting range, he will approach the hole it left behind in the wall and poke at it thoughtfully (for him). The poking is to be done with an appendage, not with a weapon. If he determines it is within his ability to handle, he will approach and attempt to prevent it from harming the others, by whatever means necessary.[/b]

((this is such a stupid course of action, but it's what Nameless would do, so here goes.))

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 28, 2017, 09:51:48 pm »

Inspired by some divine intervention, Deira thinks. Paint! She needs to paint the bore. She rummages around the bridge to see if any paint was left there. She wants to remain on the bridge just in case an escape is needed, this ends in her pottering about amongst the dolls and decorations she has put everywhere searching for whatever is available on the bridge.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »

Verne curses, then screams over the comms:

"Shit, shit, we should have taken our chance and struck. Fire the cannons at it, now, now!"

Briefly observe the Igneous Hedgehog, looking for weak spots or places a rifle might actually do something other than chip it. If there is one, or it might, shoot the creature.

Otherwise, keep my rifle trained on the thread with the hanging crystal ball, and fire.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)

[Blast 76/80]
You look at the sharp ball of rock and deduce that a rifle bullet is probably not gonna do a whole lot to it.  So instead you turn back towards the treat and take aim.
[Blast 32+10 for difficult shot, -10 for careful aim/80]
[10+4+5=19]
Your shot pierces straight through the thread and severs it in a single shot. The crystal falls a good 60-70 feet to the ground.
[72/40 endure]
[34 mind damage]
The ring as the crystal hits the ground is so loud in your head that every muscle in your body tenses up like a steel spring. In an instant, you collapse into a ball and splash down into the water.

Shoot the hedgehog

"This is a surprising, yet not entirly unexpected development"

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
[endure 9/55]
There is a very loud ringing noises echoing through the chamber as you step out of the crawler to take a shot at the hedgehog. You ignore it. The sound that is, not the hedgehog.
[04/70 vs 37/40]
As you point the pistol at the rolling ball of spikes the creature starts to serpentine, jerking violently in random directions while still charging towards you. You take the shot but miss entirely. What's worse is that the cartridge from the first shot got caught in the breech and jammed the pistol.

Well, the idea is to be able to circumvent the autofail when it comes to dodge rolls by an ability that allows replacing the roll with another one, at an appropriate cost. Basically give me an option to, for example, disengage from melee instead of being hopelessly caught and autofailing any attempt to run away.

So yes, the idea is having a chance to bravely run away when otherwise that'd autofail.

The thing I saw in the corner of my eye is the same thing that is about to attack my teammates, right? If yes, attack its mind directly with the priest beads. If I can't engage in mindwar on this lvl (I know I can't influence the material world on this lvl, but I'm not sure if attacking the spirit/mind of an entity directly is an option), then instead try to shortly touch/intensely look at one of the crystalballs to learn more.

If however that concentration of energy is an entirely unrelated entity, then focus on attacking/dodging that.

Any knowledge gained from diving to lvl. 2 or from seeing the spidergoo, by the way?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
If it's just to run away, how's this instead:  A skill that simply removes the fact that you have to pass a dodge move before running away. Call it Autoflee. The cost will be that you can't act the following turn, even if they catch up with you.

The thing attacking the group is indeed a deep creature, but its incarnated in the material world where you can't touch it from this level.

[39/95]
You examine the nearest crystal. As you look closely you notice something that the glow of the crystal hid before; many many thousands of tiny life forces. This crystal is a conglomeration of low level deep creatures, sparks and cinders and all manner of tiny elemental beings clustered in a hive.  Normally they'd be near powerless in the mundane world but clustered like they are in these hives, they have enough of a presence in the Deep to manipulate things. You realize that this mass of black goo must be akin to a reanimated body made with a spark tube. The body is simply being puppeted by these things, and more organic matter just gets mashed in whenever it shows up in the cave.

((We'll give you the knowledge when you get back to your body, since you're gaining more every turn. Might as well lump sum it. ))

((Yay, I inherited the xan dice but in a system where overshooting doesn't do anything neat. Yet.))

"Okay, this is getting silly. It's just a simple cannon, a tube that spits shooty balls at stuff I need deader. I can do this."

Okay, clearly those were just test runs to get a feel for the cannon. Now, for realsies, aim the cannon at the angry sea urchin rolling towards us and fire at it.

Help man the wheel

I'm gonna assume you're going to help Muffin with his shooting. Mostly because if he's aiming by manipulating the Bore from the bridge, he can't shoot the cannons.

[40/80 blast vs 99/40 dodge]
2+8+2+8+40=60 damage-30 armor=30 damage.

Muffin carefully maneuvers the bore with the targeting handle, shifting its position ever so slightly to aim at the rolling stone ball. As soon as he has the crosshairs on it he shouts down to gentlefish's unnamed character, who pulls the firing handle on the cannon. The cannon fires with a bang that rattles most of the bore and sends an iron ball the size of a man's head down straight through the rolling spikeball. The spike ball bursts in a blast that throws water and bits of stone in all directions.

Clearly, my cunning instincts properly overrode my peerless mind there, or else I might have been next to the rockhead when it burst out of the wall.

Look at the rock-creature, looking for vulnerabilities.  Is it all rock?  Does it have joints or limbs?  Is there a good place to shoot it?

Also, do try to stay out of the line of fire from the tunnel and the crawler door.  Playing backstop for a rock creature is not ideal.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
[18/50 endure]
That crystal hits the ground and the same ear...whatever you sense sound with...splitting ring echos through the chamber. You ignore it and look at the rock creature. You are squinting at it, trying to guess a weakpoint when the bore fires and puts a fucking cannon ball through it. Good enough for you.

Sifeebt taps Tony on the shoulder, saying "We should leave."

Assuming MJ is present and uses his 90 control to pilot the Crawler away, Sifeebt will stay onboard, and just watch the rock's progress towards the crawler.  If MJ doesn't wake up, Sifeebt will bail out and flee, because there's about zero chance a sabre is useful here.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
[28/50 endure]

Agreed, theres nothing worse than damn stoneurchins.

Hightail it away from the stoneurchin.
[65/45 endure]
[19+18=37 mind damage]
[61/60 blast]
Sifeebt closes one eye, wincing against the pain of the ringing going on, and looks at tony, who is sitting at the controls, facing away from him.

"We should leave."

Tony's head lifts, as though he's hearing Sifeebt and just noticing him. He stands up from the chair and turns towards Sifeebt, drawing his pistol as he does. His eyes are glassy, and tiny sparks crawl across them like static discharge.

He fires several times at Sifeebt, rounds pinging off the metal interior of the crawler and hissing around like ballistic mosquitos. Luckily for Sifeebt, Tony's handling of his gun is awkward, as though he had never held it before.

[bNameless observes the spiky stone ball, attempting to evaluate it's threat value. If it's threat value appears to be out of his fighting range, he will approach the hole it left behind in the wall and poke at it thoughtfully (for him). The poking is to be done with an appendage, not with a weapon. If he determines it is within his ability to handle, he will approach and attempt to prevent it from harming the others, by whatever means necessary.[/b]

((this is such a stupid course of action, but it's what Nameless would do, so here goes.))

04/60 endure

The hole up where the boulder creature came from is pretty high. 30 maybe 40 feet up. You don't think you could reach it.

Inspired by some divine intervention, Deira thinks. Paint! She needs to paint the bore. She rummages around the bridge to see if any paint was left there. She wants to remain on the bridge just in case an escape is needed, this ends in her pottering about amongst the dolls and decorations she has put everywhere searching for whatever is available on the bridge.

There's no paint here, but logically there might be some down in storage.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Ding Dong.
« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2017, 07:35:20 pm »

"Sorry mate"

Go at Tony with the knife, no quarter. Prioratize getting the gun out of his hand, or cutting the hand holding the gun off. However it has to be done, try to make sure he doesn't posses the gun anymore.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:56:50 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2017, 09:01:56 pm »

The nameless one will gather up the crystal ball that was shot down, if it is in an accessible location. Otherwise, he will just return to the crawler, if that is accessible. If, upon return, he discovers that combat is going on, he will attempt to determine which side is DIG team and which side is the other guys, and help the DIG team. (i.e. if he figures out that Tony is no more, he'll fight Tony. Otherwise, best guess, though he will tend to favor Sifeebt as an ally.)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:27:13 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2017, 09:04:38 pm »

Finally, it's sabre time.  Circle around behind Tony and go for a backstab decapitate him.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2017, 09:24:25 pm »

"Dang, that meatbag's getting the crystal.  Guess I'll have to live with stealing the other meatbag."

Try to grab Verne, and enter the crawler

Also save knowledge for the Winter Octopus Strike ability, which allows normal damage to be dealt as non-lethal damage

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:19:20 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2017, 12:15:29 am »

Go down one lvl. and grab Verne, float him back toward the crawler hangar. Also take any other teammates with me that fall unconscious this turn. Leave them be if they regain consciousness though.

Then, if any actions left, either help out the team with their fight (try to get that deep sea pond scum outta that body) or try to think of a way to prevent these deep sea creatures from further messing with us (perhaps we could cut off their access to the material world? Or dillute their presence to prevent them having enough combined power to manifest bullshit in our faces?)

If it's just to run away, how's this instead:  A skill that simply removes the fact that you have to pass a dodge move before running away. Call it Autoflee. The cost will be that you can't act the following turn, even if they catch up with you.
Sounds interesting. How much knowledge? And not acting, does that just include an action post, or any and all rolls (eg. Defensive ones)? What would prevent an enemy to just walk up to me again the next turn while I'm standing there?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:14:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 30, 2017, 01:24:46 am »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Yar! Pirates be we. Man the next cannon, else reload and get ready! ((Also, my engineer is named Engie.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2017, 02:57:01 am »

If I wake up, make sure that the shattered bits of crystal are in our hands. If not, try and swim to them. If so, splutter incoherently about getting the thing's heart.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:00:32 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2017, 10:40:28 am »

"I'll get him."

Punch Tony and try to knock him out.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2017, 12:38:30 pm »

Muffin looks at the exploded urchin from the bridge of the bore, satisfied.

"Yes, clearly an angry ball of magically infused whatever is no match to some good old fashioned high velocity metal."

Go and reload the cannon. Once reloaded, go back to where I can aim the cannon and stay on the lookout for more hostile urchins or whatever to aim at.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2017, 02:23:54 pm »

Spoiler: Tony sheet for my use (click to show/hide)

"Sorry mate"

Go at Tony with the knife, no quarter. Prioratize getting the gun out of his hand, or cutting the hand holding the gun off. However it has to be done, try to make sure he doesn't posses the gun anymore.

[27/70 vs 46/0]
[3d6=1+1+2][61 body left]
You hear shooting from inside the crawler and immediately rush in. Your pistol is jammed so you whip out your knife and shove past Sifeebt, taking a running stab at Tony. You're off by at least a foot though, and manage to do nothing more than deliver a shallow cut to his side.

The nameless one will gather up the crystal ball that was shot down, if it is in an accessible location. Otherwise, he will just return to the crawler, if that is accessible. If, upon return, he discovers that combat is going on, he will attempt to determine which side is DIG team and which side is the other guys, and help the DIG team. (i.e. if he figures out that Tony is no more, he'll fight Tony. Otherwise, best guess, though he will tend to favor Sifeebt as an ally.)

The crystal that was shot down is still in one piece, seemingly undamaged by the fall.
[09/80 move]
You shrug and start rolling the crystal over towards the crawler. It's pretty heavy, but also fairly round and partially held up by the water here, so you can just manage to push it  along.

Finally, it's sabre time.  Circle around behind Tony and go for a backstab decapitate him.

You can't exactly circle around in a small cramped hallway when the guy basically has his back to a wall. So we'll just have you attack.
[04/90 vs 6/0] [17 damage][44 hp left]
You unsheathe your sabre and lunge forward, delivering a good hard slash to the man's chest. Blood pours from the wound but he doesn't seem to notice.

"Dang, that meatbag's getting the crystal.  Guess I'll have to live with stealing the other meatbag."

Try to grab Verne, and enter the crawler

Also save knowledge for the Winter Octopus Strike ability, which allows normal damage to be dealt as non-lethal damage

If I wake up, make sure that the shattered bits of crystal are in our hands. If not, try and swim to them. If so, splutter incoherently about getting the thing's heart.

Brag grabs Verne and helps him up. The two of them hobble towards the crawler, in spite of all the shooting and squishy stabbing noises coming from it.  They make it to the rear of the thing at about the same time Nameless does, along with the unbroken crystal.

Go down one lvl. and grab Verne, float him back toward the crawler hangar. Also take any other teammates with me that fall unconscious this turn. Leave them be if they regain consciousness though.

Then, if any actions left, either help out the team with their fight (try to get that deep sea pond scum outta that body) or try to think of a way to prevent these deep sea creatures from further messing with us (perhaps we could cut off their access to the material world? Or dillute their presence to prevent them having enough combined power to manifest bullshit in our faces?)

Sounds interesting. How much knowledge? And not acting, does that just include an action post, or any and all rolls (eg. Defensive ones)? What would prevent an enemy to just walk up to me again the next turn while I'm standing there?
[71/95]
You drop another level deeper. The translucent world gives way to another; it still reflects the mundane plane but rather than seeing it as whole, if more ghostly, forms, you view it as clouds of untold trillions of glowing points. You see the world like a pointillism painting or a cloud of pixels. It is clear and whole from a distance but up close you can see every tiny particle. In this world you see the minds of your teammates glowing as solid things; fires within the swarm of points. There are other things here too, as well. A few scattered deep sea creatures, which resemble life forms you might find in pond water; zooplankton and odd pollen shells and all manner of tiny crustacean forms. They ignore you, by and large, but one in particular seems very interested in you. It looks like a luminous worm, just a curling, wriggling line of light that is nested within the opposite cave wall. It twitches and curls up into a ball, and the matter it is in suddenly surges forward, stone flowing like a high presure stream of water. The stone passes through your incorporeal form and hardens as it hits the wall behind you, forming a long horizontal stone column between the two walls of the cave. The coiled worm then strikes, hurtling forward like a bullet, bouncing rapidly off the glowing points of matter like a pinball off bumpers.
[Transcend 96/95 vs 89/80]
You freeze up, startled by whats happening, but luckily the worm seems to have been anticipating you moving and was "leading" its attack. It wizzes straight past you and ends up in the opposite wall.

You shake off your surprise long enough to focus an attack down at the possessed driver.
[86/95 vs 31/60-20 overwhelmed. Tie, defender wins]
Your priest beads break up into individual balls and fly down like heat seeking missiles. They get within 20 feet of their target before electricity leaps from the controlled body and up to the balls, blasting them away.

Everyone in the mundane world sees a big section of stone on one side of the cave suddenly stretch like taffy across the cave and hit the otherside, forming a horizontal column. Its very odd.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Yar! Pirates be we. Man the next cannon, else reload and get ready! ((Also, my engineer is named Engie.))
You reload the cannon and ready another shot.

"I'll get him."

Punch Tony and try to knock him out.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Not even gonna bother to roll tony's zero dodge anymore.
98/80 fight

You shove your way past both Sifeebt and Razorblade and attempt to punch Tony. You somehow manage to miss a man who is standing utterly and completely still. Good work.

Muffin looks at the exploded urchin from the bridge of the bore, satisfied.

"Yes, clearly an angry ball of magically infused whatever is no match to some good old fashioned high velocity metal."

Go and reload the cannon. Once reloaded, go back to where I can aim the cannon and stay on the lookout for more hostile urchins or whatever to aim at.

Engie tells you the cannon is loaded from below so you look around for something to unload it onto. There's certainly a lot happening in the crawler judging by the noises you're hearing over the radio (which someone in the crawler just left on), but you can't very well just shoot down into the crawler. You see that strange stone column form, but you're not certain what that is. There's really not a lot you're sure if you should shoot; so you wait.

[Tony blast 10/60]
Tony, beset on all sides by attackers, fires his pistol again. But not at Sifeebt or Razorblade or that guy who just managed to miss him with a punch. He fires at the crystal that Nameless just rolled over to the rear of the crawler.

Rede 28/55
Sifeebt 84/50  8 mind damage, 72 left I think.
Nameless  47/60
Bragthor 18/50
Verne  92/40 4 mind damage...update your sheet NJW, I know 50 Mind is not what you're at. You're at...12 now.
Vokun 37/20 20 mind damage, 20 mind left.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2017, 02:31:13 pm »

""Aha, a challenger from the great beyond! Ghostly fisticuffs it is then!"

Pewpew priester beadz! Move out of that column if I can and attack the deep sea ne'er-do-well. Don't place myself in between the creature and the bore/crawler/teammates though, in case it extend another column.

If I can kill it this turn, collect its remains and again attack the sea scum possessing our former friend.

((Will edit in sheet.))

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:45:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 70