Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137852 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2017, 12:38:44 pm »

It seems stupid that nobody has asked or observed this before, but which way is the water flowing?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »

move the bore up to the cavern roof. Let's see what's up there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Whoops sorry))

You're in the crawler. The bore is the main drill machine. You can't control it from where you are. I'm waiting on clarification from the pilot in the bore as to how they want to move it, because they just said "Move it".

Unless one of the builders or other people on the bore want to move it instead of the current pilot.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »

((Whoops sorry))

You're in the crawler. The bore is the main drill machine. You can't control it from where you are. I'm waiting on clarification from the pilot in the bore as to how they want to move it, because they just said "Move it".

Unless one of the builders or other people on the bore want to move it instead of the current pilot.

We can't, only sialia and aigre have control skills and are on the bore. I pm'ed the former and she posted, but it's not clear for you? I think the idea is to just point the guns in the direction of the light but not actually drop down into the cave itself.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »

((Whoops sorry))

We can't, only sialia and aigre have control skills and are on the bore. I pm'ed the former and she posted, but it's not clear for you? I think the idea is to just point the guns in the direction of the light but not actually drop down into the cave itself.
Well she said to point the cannons at the spider thing but the spider thing is several hundred yards down a passage and then out in a big cave. She can't point the cannons hundreds of yards away at a target that is hidden behind a huge amount of stone.  Here, let me diagram it up.

So that triangle is the current location of the bore. You can see why shooting from where it is currently is impossible. So in order to actually point the cannons at the spider goo, the bore has to move. There are two ways to do that, walk down the tunnel with the river or drill in through the roof as was mentioned before. I need to know which one of these you want to do because both have implications of survivability.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2017, 04:40:02 pm »

I have control skills (I keep grabbing the wrong old ones from my posts) and thus I shall move the bore.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:45 pm »

I think the implecation was to point the cannon up the passage, that way if anything follows us, the bore is already in the right position to shoot.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2017, 09:16:09 pm »

To clarify, Deira will move the bore along the underground river area, then point the cannons toward the spider goo stuff. Be ready to bore in whatever direction is away from the spiders ASAP.

'You can do this girl' Deira strokes the control console gently

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:35:23 am by Sialia »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2017, 10:37:15 pm »

I think the implecation was to point the cannon up the passage, that way if anything follows us, the bore is already in the right position to shoot.
Good enough. I just needed someone else to make the decision and thus take the responsibility out of my hands. This way if everyone dies it's not my fault!

Why yes, I am taking a medicolegal class at the moment, and yes a lot of it is about how to shift blame off you if someone bites it.

EDIT

To clarify, Deira will move the bore along the underground river area, then point the cannons toward the spider goo stuff. Be ready to bore in whatever direction is away from the spiders ASAP.

'You can do this girl' Deira strokes the control console gently

EVEN BETTER.

36/90 control

You lean over the controls and lock the legs before switching them to manual control. You're not even sure this thing can survive a hundred foot drop; its a lot of force to put on the legs. Whats worse, they all have to come off the wall at the same time and hit the ground at the same time. Any variation and the bore could fall off kilter and slam into the ground on its side, or land with uneven weight distribution and snap a leg. You push the hair back out of your eyes and speak into the intercom.

"All hands, hold tight. This will be rough."

You wrap your hands around all four manual control levers and take a deep breath. As you squeeze in the safety catches you feel electricity tingle across your palms. The blue sparks leap across the controls and when you look back at the machine's brain it is completely hidden behind flame and light.  You feel the engine rev up, pistons beating faster and shaking the entire machine. Metal groans and strains like muscle contracting and the very air around you grows tense and electric. The bore knows what's going on. And it's ready.

You pull the levers back and the machine is in freefall. Your feet lift off the ground but your hands seem to work on their own. It's hard to tell how much is you and how much is the bore moving the levers on its own. The legs straighten and point themselves at the ground. A second passes. Then another. And then contact. Your harness stops you from being smashed to the ground, but the legs of the bore scream with effort as it tries to soften the impact. They bend, coiling up until they have nowhere left to go and then the structure itself flexes and groans. It stops and is still for a moment, as though resting from the exertion. You flip the switch to put the legs back on auto and push the throttle up while directing the machine forward towards the cave entrance.  It lifts itself up and charges forward, walking crablike down the tunnel. You slow down as you reach the cave mouth and then do your best to angle the cannons towards the cave roof. [17/0 blast] But you're not very good at it.

"Hey, any crew that's not dead after that, you wanna come up here and load some cannons and maybe aim them?"

"Time to escalate"

Shoot my pistol at one of the strands holding up an orb

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
[Blast roll, -20 for static object, 39-20=19/50]
You pull out your pistol and take a shot at the crystal orb. [14] The shot hits and ricochets off the crystal with a resounding, ear piercingly high tone, like nails on a chalkboard through a megaphone.
[endure 54/50]
[Mind 2d6=1+1= 2 damage. Mind 18]
Despite the fact that you don't even have normal ears (you're honestly not sure how you hear things) the sound resonates in your head like a nail bomb and you sink back underwater holding your metal skull. The crystal begins to rise back up, along with the ones around it.

"Meatbag, it seems our work is finished. I must confess, it looks suitably imposing. Shall we try it on, see if the basket is comfortable enough for your squishy body?
Not that it will matter much, since you'll probably spend a lot of time unconscious anyway."

"Why yes, let's give this a shot, shall we?

Keep building Building complete! Let's take this pony for a spin, aka crawl on to the back and become a basketcase.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
"Let's."

Crouch down so Joshua can get into the basket. Then run around a bit and make a jump or two to see how badly my mobility is affected by carrying another person.

I don't see no bracing actions so lets roll.
96/70 and 80 Move
Welp, guess you didn't move quick enough to get braced for the drop.
Endure 10/50 and 70
But you weren't injured in the wild ride down, so that's ok.

Pancaek's character, because his sheet doesn't have a name on it and I remember its breakfast themed so I'll just call him Muffin,  straps on the soldier suit. It takes a bit, especially with the bore shaking like it is, but once he has it on it is both pretty comfortable and also very obviously protective. It's got metal plating all over the chest, shoulders, head, waist and upper legs, as well as thick fabric across the rest of the body. It doesn't breathe worth a damn and if you were any place warm you'd be swimming in sweat within minutes, but at least it will probably stop most minor threats.

Joshua climbs into the basket on the back and, though he isn't too heavy, his weight does slow down Muffin's movement by 20. 

Something else to consider is the fact that the arrangement doesn't give Josh the same armor. Instead it simply lets Muffin elect to take damage for him. And cart him around.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Admire work done, then go visit the command center and move the bore to cover a retreat.

"Can I get someone who can shoot in the command center and another manning the cannons for reload?"
Woops. Too late. But had she failed you would have rolled to take over, so being here isn't a total waste. Man, our pilots have no freaking shooting ability.

is there some external speaker or something on the crawler? If so, use it to tell Bargthor to please get in the crawler, if not, then just hang tight and keep the bore crew informed over the payphone radio

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

"HEY ROBOT MAN, GET IN THE DAMN CRAWLER! I REALIZE I'M TELLING YOU TO GET IN A VEHICLE THAT IS LITERALLY UP A WATERFALL FROM YOU, BUT JUST COME IN THIS DIRECTION AND I'LL MEET YOU HALF WAY.  WAIT. DID YOU JUST SHOOT THAT THING? OH GOD DAMN IT.  WAIT, WHATS THAT NOISE? OH GOD THE FUCKING BORE IS RUNNING THIS WAY!"

Actually just bring the crawler down to the cavern floor and usher everyone who wants to leave out.

((Whoops sorry))
67/90 control.

You avoid the rampaging entrance of the Bore by driving the crawler down onto the cave floor.

"Alright, last stop, everyone out. If you want. I guess."

It seems stupid that nobody has asked or observed this before, but which way is the water flowing?
Its flowing down the tunnel in the direction of the cave you are now in. Then down a waterfall into the cave, where it then sort of spreads out across the floor of the cave going in roughly the same direction but not nearly as fast or hard.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 26, 2017, 10:53:32 pm »

Assuming the doorway is facing Bargthor, I'll stay in the crawler, but open the door and get my pistol out and be ready to cover the engineheart if anything attacks him

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:09:58 am by The Lupanian »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2017, 10:54:32 pm »

Another ... time

Exit the crawler. wander with the flow of water.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:24:01 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2017, 11:50:15 pm »

Sifeebt just nods as Nameless leaves, electing to stay onboard and move to stand next to the pilot.

Stay onboard, next to Tony (MidnightJaguar).  If he decides it's a good idea to drive the crawler into or very near to the spidergoo or the crystals, silently discourage the action.  Heavily.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 27, 2017, 04:52:35 am »

"I think we did a good job with this thing, wouldn't you say?

Sounds like we might have some visitors of the strange kind coming soon. Perhaps you should go aim our ordnance while I make sure there's something to fire in there. I'm pretty sure there are better uses for our talents right now, but it seems the rest of the crew is otherwise preoccupied."

Go load cannons if nobody else is making moves to do so.
If someone else does come up to do it, then go to the bridge instead.

I'd like to gather knowledge to create a technique that lets me replace a dodge roll with a move (or cover?) one. What kind of costs or limitations would you think are fair for something like that?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

I don't see no bracing actions so lets roll.
96/70 and 80 Move
Welp, guess you didn't move quick enough to get braced for the drop.
Endure 10/50 and 70
But you weren't injured in the wild ride down, so that's ok.
One has to wonder why there was a wild ride down in the first place, instead of drilling around to come out at the side of the cave. Rule of dramatic plot potential strikes again! Will nothing sate its ravenous hunger?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:59:41 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 27, 2017, 05:35:38 am »

'I'm so proud of you, Jenny!' Deira has named the bore now, and in her excitement at pulling off the maneuver she strokes its console again. She rearranges the decorations around the bridge that didn't stay stable during the drop, and checks to make sure all parts are functioning correctly.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 27, 2017, 10:38:49 am »

Does the crystal look damaged in any way from that shot?

"But meatbag, I haven't stole anything yet, aren't you supposed to run after you've stole something?"

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:50:29 am by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23:51 pm »

"Perhaps that is best, yes."

Go assist in loading the cannons. Then head up to the bridge/command centre to assist with aiming/firing the cannons where necessary.

((Originally had another name, but Muffin is shorter so I'll go with that.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:36:34 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70